Hank Paulson -- NATIONAL HERO

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
machinehead's picture
machinehead
Hank Paulson -- NATIONAL HERO

Blogger Matt Taibbi, outraged by Evan Newmark's WSJ essay crowning Henry Paulson as a 'national hero,'  picks up his poison pen and takes the guy's head off.

Taibbi's incandescent rant is too scatological and salted with f-words to quote here, but here is the final paragraph with only one ellipsis --

Even if it weren’t about five years too early to make any kind of judgment at all about whether or not TARP helped, the notion that Henry Paulson is a hero is complete and utter madness because TARP would never have been necessary if someone, anyone who wasn’t a greed-addled incompetent like Paulson had actually been regulating the economy in the last years of the Bush adminstration.

If anyone besides Paulson had been running Goldman Sachs earlier in this decade — if a person with a serious brain injury had been in his place, for instance, or a horse, or a head of lettuce — we’d all be better off today, because there wouldn’t be so many toxic Goldman-underwritten mortgage-backed CDOs on the market.

We, all of us, are paying the freight for a******s like Paulson, and like you, for that matter. And while we’re getting over it, slowly, you’re really not helping when you open your mouth and pat yourself on the back for all the good deeds you’ve done. Spare, us, okay? Just give it up.

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009/06/08/mean-street-it%E2%80%99s-time...

Yeehaw, Matt! AROOOOOOOOOHHHHH!

Lordy, I just hope he don't come after me ...

A. M.'s picture
A. M.
Re: Hank Paulson -- NATIONAL HERO

Machinehead,

Another great article!

If the guys who created this catastrophe wear the mantles of heros for cleaning up the mess from a bomb they detonated, it will truly be a sign of how logically bankrupt the media outlets are, and a strong indicator of how deeply in the pockets of special interests they are.

I saw a similar piece on CNN about Benny Bernanke, and his heroic attempts at saving our ailing economy.

The only thing I could think of was "Serenity".

"You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords."

But that would require:
- Honor
- Pride
- Selflessness
- Guilt

None of which are hardwired into the bankster brain.

Cheers!

Aaron

cannotaffordit's picture
cannotaffordit

Just more insanity, in an already insanely run society.  I admit that I enjoy raising h _ _ _ about all the insanity, once in a while, as much as anybody.  What I'm waiting for is somebody who will DO something about it.  Or, maybe everybody who could, is like me, they don't have the where-with-all (are cowards) OR they figure it would do no good at this late date.

Get serious now.  Out of all the intelligent folks we have on this site, will somebody tell me what CAN be done to fix the total insanity......plus greed, theft, etc. that is going on in the corporate/financial/governmental/military system.....that affects our lives every day?

I eagerly await your response(s).

SteveS's picture
SteveS

Maybe he'll get a Medal of Freedom and join the illustrious ranks of Paul Bremer and George Tenet!

SteveS's picture
SteveS

Maybe he'll get a Medal of Freedom and join the illustrious ranks of Paul Bremer and George Tenet!

-- oops my computer hiccupped!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments