Gun dealers experiencing shortages of bullets

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Gun dealers experiencing shortages of bullets

t used to be you'd order bullets and get them in the next day. Now it can take a couple of months," said owner John Harvey, who has seen demand for state concealed-weapons classes increase 300 percent since the election.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-bullets1009feb10,0,2201778...

LindaBobzien's picture
LindaBobzien
Re: Gun dealers experiencing shortages of bullets

That's ominous.  I know that when we go into our local bi-mart (low end dept store coop) they often do not have ammo.  They say "we have a party when we get some" and it's gone that day.  I wondered why they just don't order more as there is a demand and, one would assume, they make a decent profit from the sales.  This may be why.  Thanks for the post.

~Lb

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

I had to go to a gun show to get .40 caliber ammunition. And I paid top dollar for it.

I've talkd to a lot of firearms owners. Few things. 

Rumors of confiscatory taxes on ammo. 

Rumors of an "assault" weapon ban. 

Rumors of serialized ammunition laws. 

Economy causing people to hoard ammo. 

Don't know what to think about this really. 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Isn't this the ultimate irony...?  Someone calling himself MGhandi owning a GUN!?

Mike 

watsondog's picture
watsondog
Ammo is hot stuff

At our local gun show there were long tables of vendors selling  cases of ammo. I couldn't get waited on so I gave up fighting the crowds. On the way out of the show there were many people carrying cases of ammo on their shoulders.

Until the Supreme Court made its ruling on the 2nd amendment a lot of people put off buying anything. There were empty gun shops - some for sale. But they are hopping now.

One might say that ammo (esp. .223 and .22) could be considered an investment. After all it is a hard asset - very hard!

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

I own a few. I would never use them offensively. But I do believe in the inherent right of self-defense.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments