Last post
presidentbyamendment's picture
presidentbyamendment
Greenspan says raise taxes or die

Greenspan says raise taxes or die. washington examiner, pg. 22,
(washingtonexaminer.com)

"The presumption that we're going to solve this without significant
increases in taxes is unrealistic."  This is calling Obama's 4% increase
in the marginal rate insignificant and delusional. For a realistic and significant proposal see

presidentbyamendment.com/issues/taxes.html

goes211's picture
goes211
Re: Greenspan says raise taxes or die

So the top income tax rate would be 75%.  I think I will pass.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Hey Greenspan, why don't we eliminate the Fed instead which would enable us to end income tax altogether!

Larry

presidentbyamendment

Thanks for reading my proposal. The top rate will be 75% until the debt falls significantly.

You'll pass? Good luck with that.

RH

presidentbyamendment

I wouldn't end the Fed, but I'd eliminate its ability to print itself money.

New fiat money can go on the Treasury's books just as easily.

I don't think that's actually in my platform at presidentbyamendment.com/issues/platform.html.

I DID have a clause in my Amendment  to disallow expanding the base money supply

without an act of Congress, but I took it out, because you don't have much choice when

T-bills don't sell.

RH

goes211's picture
goes211

Thanks for reading my proposal. The top rate will be 75% until the debt falls significantly.

You'll pass? Good luck with that.

I was not commenting about yout overall proposal.   Only your FRIT tax sounds to me like insanity and an absolute economic killer.  I get very tired of simplistic tax the rich ideas.  How can 75% of anyones income be a justifiable rate?  So I get to keep the fruits of my labor until April 1st and then I am effectivly an indetured servant to the state for the last 9 months of the year to pay off my tax obligations.

Growing up I was lead to believe that I live in a free country but I must be mistaken because it sounds like I am a merely a surf living on my lords (the governments) land owing him a 75% tribute under threat of violence.

Like I said, I will pass.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

presidentbyamendment wrote:

I wouldn't end the Fed, but I'd eliminate its ability to print itself money.

Please tell me why we should continue to borrow money from private banks when they don't back up a penny?  When they lend us money they do so with no cost, no backing, they add nothing - we can create the money by ourselves for free.

You say you want to keep the Fed....why?

presidentbyamendment

I said if we need to create money ourselves I support doing so for free. Put it on treasury's books.

So then, why not keep the Fed?

RH

presidentbyamendment

I go into more detail about this in the "A bank is a license to print liquidity, not capital"

thread I'm posting in a few seconds.

RH

presidentbyamendment

Another post of mine was removed by the moderator for language not appropriate to this group.

I find that very reasonable, but my disdain for Mr. "I'll pass" remains. The way things are going,

it won't be a matter of being tired of "simplistic tax-the-rich proposals". It will be a matter of picking

which one, and my apparently affluent correspondant's attitude is perfectly reflective of why.

RH

goes211's picture
goes211

Another post of mine was removed by the moderator for language not appropriate to this group.

I find that very reasonable, but my disdain for Mr. "I'll pass" remains.

I was wondering what happend to that language after I saw it.  I was tempted to respond but I thought just leaving it there would better illustrate your character.  I guess a moderator also found it offensive and made you remove it.

The way things are going,

it won't be a matter of being tired of "simplistic tax-the-rich proposals". It will be a matter of picking

which one, and my apparently affluent correspondant's attitude is perfectly reflective of why.

Yes, clearly I must be Bill Gates because I don't think that taxing the evil rich people will be very productive.  On the other hand maybe I am a person that believes in individual liberty and personal property.  I don't have a problem with the idea that certain people that have manipulated the system to their advantage at the expense of the middle and lower classes need repay some debt to society.  I just find hiking tax rates, and punishing the people that are truly helping society by creating jobs and adding to our productivity, to be counter productive.

Rick, it is hard to take you too seriously when a simple google search of your name yields all sorts of interesting info.  You probably are a decent fellow (any linux hacker and ex-Amiga user can't be all bad) but I think your hostility towards people critical of your clearly non-serious proposal, does not serve you well.

jneo's picture
jneo

The U.S. needs to stop BORROWING it's own money, end the fed, and the income tax.  

Taxing to prosperity is like drinking yourself sober.  Not gonna happen. 

presidentbyamendment

I just went ballistic on a Code Pinker in front of the White House for asking me if I was serious.

What's it going to take for people to grow up? Rolling famines?

RH

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments