xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Greed Mongers’ Money Grabbing Machine - Symptom of a larger Problem

Native American Chief Addresses Deaths In Sweat Lodge

Native American Chief Addresses Deaths In Sweat Lodge

Chief Arvol Looking Horse Speaks Out

By All Nations Indigenous Native American Indian Cultural Center

Native Elder Addresses Deaths In Sweat Lodge
Arvol Looking HorseA white man, James Arthur Ray, who owns a company called Spiritual Warrior charges 60 people almost $10,000 each, or more than a half a million dollars, then directs them not to eat or drink for three days before allowing them to cook in a sweat lodge. Each person is then allowed only a space equivalent to two foot by 3 foot space to sit until they “see the light” or die! His Twitter site even says “something must die before something new can be born”
How many things are wrong here? Well first this traditional Native American event is truly a spiritual event, not a “For Profit Event”. Second, the true event is held by a person of native indian descent who have knowledge and understandings of the nature of the spiritual journey. It appears that once again greed interfered with common sense. Why would anyone pay these outrages fees to be conducted by someone who doesn’t even know or understand the spiritual meaning or significance?
One must ask what James Arthur Ray, a self proclaimed wealth builder, of non Native American descent, from southern California has to do with Native American spiritual growth? Ray's company, James Ray International, is based in Carlsbad, California and brags of raising profits of over 500% last year. He holds two hour wealth building seminars around the country for up to 2000 people for $2000 per person, that’s 2 million an hour, not bad!
What do Native Americans have to say about this? We had to ask. So we’ve contacted the spokesperson for the Native American Indian Cultural Center. In general they are appalled and insulted that anyone would take their age old spiritual tradition and turn it into a Greed Mongers’ Money Grabbing Machine and on top of that abuse it in such an insane way that people would put their life on the line....

firewitchrising.blogspot.com/

Lbart09's picture
Lbart09
Re: Greed Mongers’ Money Grabbing Machine - Symptom of a ...

I wonder how outfits like Ray's ever got to be called "self-help?"  These so-called self-help groups would be better off called "Guru Led Help."  Or what am I missing?  Am I helping myself if I just go follow someone else blindly?  Unto death even?  I wonder what the etymology of self-help is?  Should Ray's outfit now be called self-dying?

ao's picture
ao

Let's face it.  Anyone who pays someone else $10K to do a sweat and a vision quest is bonkers.

plato1965's picture
plato1965

sucker.. even break.. = no chance.

Too many wolves.. don't be a sheep.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Is it just a California thing?

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

People who really insist on feeling that uncomfortable, should lock themselves in their bedrooms, forgo meals and poke themselves with sharp sticks until they bleed.  It's cheaper. For those who insist on paying to fast track up the self help ladder, Guantanamo Bay is opening a spiritual retreat!  The charges are quite modest. Meals are beautifully prepared, presented and denied...along with the pleasure of  requesting  waterboarding and or humiliation with a wide choice of intimidation tactics and insults. They'll also beat the soles of your feet for free, or those of a family member, if you purchase the full weekend package! Sweat lodges are for wimps!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments