The Great American Experiment Failed: Can People Govern Themselves?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
The Great American Experiment Failed: Can People Govern Themselves?

"As Benjamin Franklin left the Constitutional Convention, on September 18, 1787, a certain Mrs. Powel shouted out to him: “Well, doctor, what have we got?,” and Franklin responded: “A Republic, if you can keep it.”  Like many of the Founding Fathers, he was intensely concerned that the democratic institutions they were crafting would deteriorate over time."

It is with shame that I say we failed and formerly agreed that while the people could manage their own civic affairs, the most important power was best left to the moneyed elites.  I'm talking about our sovereign right to issue and control our own money and the private federal reserve act of 1913 which ultimately led to the demise of our republic.

Today, it should be obvious that the international banking cartel is purposely destroying our nation through debt that can never be repaid.  But still, most people reject true monetary reform as they have been led to believe that if this critical function is left to government, they will print too much money which will be inflationary.

It is hard to say what logic they use in backing this un-American theory; there is scant evidence to support the flawed premise since government hasn't issued money, save one rare occasion in 1963, for almost 100 years.

We have been honored to have true monetary reformers join our ranks in this forum but they have been bullied by the "inflationists" who dismiss their ideas as contrary to "conventional" economic wisdom that got us in this mess.

As long as people believe that we are unable to rule our own affairs, including issuing money, than we will continue to be ruled under the tyranny of a private banking cartel.

Larry             

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: The Great American Experiment Failed: Can People Govern ...

Larry -

Have you read "The Fourth Turning" yet?  (Neil Howe and William Strauss)

Great debate and presentation of why observation of linear time is flawed and that what we are seeing happen now has happened before and will happen again.  No one is immune....

We are coming to a critical juncture on the saeculum - we need the coming crisis to emerge changed and stronger.  As has happened with every significant crisis in generations past. 

Fascinating book.

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

As long as people believe that we are unable to rule our own affairs, including issuing money, than we will continue to be ruled under the tyranny of a private banking cartel.

I like your statement here - it reminds me of an old Chinese proverb:

"Those of you who say that nothing can be done, need to move from the path of those who are doing it."

BungeeBones's picture
BungeeBones

I have to believe the "elite" are often those who see the changes coming and position themselves to not only survive but also to prosper. From the chaos they emerge as "elite" over the blind or oblivious who managed to barely survive. Today's  "elite" will be tomorrow's fools.

I found a short, well made, thought provoking animation at http://www.digitalcoin.info/The_Essence_of_Money.html that illustrates what can happen when someone or some people get together to make a change.

I'm curious if that is based on historical fact or not.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
BungeeBones wrote:

I have to believe the "elite" are often those who see the changes coming and position themselves to not only survive but also to prosper. From the chaos they emerge as "elite" over the blind or oblivious who managed to barely survive. Today's  "elite" will be tomorrow's fools.

Superb Bungee. 

This theme/observation/postulation is echoed throughout "Fourth Turning" and if you give any creedance to what Strauss and Howe present, your belief is 100% correct.

And the cycle will repeat as our observation of societal time as a linear event is invalid.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:
BungeeBones wrote:

Superb Bungee. 

This theme/observation/postulation is echoed throughout "Fourth Turning" and if you give any creedance to what Strauss and Howe present, your belief is 100% correct.

And the cycle will repeat as our observation of societal time as a linear event is invalid.

Dang.  Beat me to it, Bungee.  What "elite" means will be morphing rather dramatically methinks in years to come.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a copy of the Fourth Turning since I've been running into recommendations on it everywhere I turn lately.  And as for the cyclical nature of history (things loop back around to repeat albeit with the particular details changed), it makes me think of a helix instead of a circle -- which also puts me in mind of certain elements of Celtic mysticism.  

But that's another post/thread/way of being... [wry smile]  Think I'll put on some bagpipe tuneage.

Viva -- Sager

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
SagerXX wrote:

But that's another post/thread/way of being... [wry smile]  Think I'll put on some bagpipe tuneage.

Viva -- Sager

Sager -

When yer done listening to Robbie Burns blowing into the discharge end of a running Hoover and calling it music, give this a spin.  Click on the "VBR_M3U" link over on the left beneath the skull and let 'er rip. 

Worth the price of admission, which is in this case, free.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1969-02-22.sbd.vernon.5206.shnf

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Sager -

When yer done listening to Robbie Burns blowing into the discharge end of a running Hoover and calling it music, give this a spin.  Click on the "VBR_M3U" link over on the left beneath the skull and let 'er rip. 

Streamin' it now, man.  Thanks.

And FWIW, I'm certain that there's a gene somewhere in the Celtic DNA that adds (or subtracts?) a nerve or three to the ear, which makes bagpipe music a beautiful thing.  Or maybe we're just a special kind of nuts.  Laughing

Viva -- Sager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments