Gratitude

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Gratitude

Just came back inside in the late night (1:20 a.m. EST) from walking el doggo in the falling snow (Seamus loves the snow, and we're expecting a foot give or take).  (When was the last time you spent a minute or two listening to snow falling?)

Just a quick post of gratitude for the community here -- from Dr. Chris (and Becca) (and Adam & them hard-workin' moderators) to the rest of us.  So much useful information and even more importantly the simple fellowship of the like-minded.  It makes an inestimable difference in my life to know I have fine fine people walking this challenging path with me -- even if we're all spread out over the globe.  

It never hurts to say thank you -- so:  THANK YOU.  If only we were less extraordinary people.  The journey would be easier.  

There's a hope for the future.  Until that future:  I hope you all have a moment to spare to listen for the snow falling (or the local equivalent -- if I still lived Maui, I'd be down at the beach listening for what the incoming waves had to say).

So if we do get a foot of snow between now and wakey-wakey tomorrow morning, I'm free of work until Thursday.  I'll spend it with my wife (and Seamus) and that's a very nice Wednesday indeed!  

All the best, CM-folk -- here's to the eventual, different, better, future --

Viva -- Sager

Adam Selene's picture
Adam Selene
Re: Gratitude

I'm with ya there, Sager!  Gratitude is powerful good mojo.

It's happy people that I want to build a society with.  The miserable people are the ones who want to control and dominate.  The happy ones just want to be left alone to enjoy their families and listen to the snow falling.

I grew up in NE Ohio, did a fair amount of snowfall listening myself.

Enjoy!

Adam S

mobius's picture
mobius

Sager,

Your post comes at the right time for me.  I have a job right now, but I'm not satisfied with the management.  This past Xmas I've been racking my brain to develop my own business game plan, something sustainable based on the 3E's.  But nada, zip.

Nonetheless, I'm very grateful for the moral support that this site has given me.  I'm listening to the Dan Ariely interview and I suppose that what makes CM-ers different is that we are looking to the future and are the few in this society who want future gratification and not instant gratification.

Cheers! Joanne.

ps- nothing beats a snowball fight!  Throw one for me!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Nice post, Sager!   It's easy to get consumed by what's going on in the world, and overly caught up in that.  Thanks for the reminder to treasure the good things in life!

Here are a couple more I'm grateful for:  Watching my husband and son (and dogs) wrestle and rough-house and giggle and gut laugh (and bark), and listening to the sound of wind in the poplar trees.

JAG's picture
JAG

Right back atch-ya Brother,

And I must extend my gratitude to Dr. M & Crew for taking this community to the next level. The changes in this site over the last several months have been fantastic.

With gratitude.....Jeff

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart

Sager -

Thanks for bringing me back to the quiet peace of the winter snowfalls of my youth in the Northeast. I remember late night walks with a good dog, feeling like the world had stopped just for me to appreciate it...

And thanks for expressing the gratitude you & many others here feel. Being first a reader of this site and now an insider, it's always been about the people: Chris and his vision, the scarily-smart and earnestly helpful community members, and the excellent CM staff. Whatever the future holds, we'll be supporting each other through it.

JAG:  don't think I've missed the kind words in your past few posts - flattery will get you everywhere with me! Seriously though, am glad you've been noticing and enjoying our efforts over the past few months. We have more new content & features coming, including some exciting interviews with big names (Chris is recording one as I type). I'll leave you with that teaser for now...but will be very interested to hear your feedback as we launch them.

To echo Sager: THANK YOU everyone for making this site the extraordinary idea-exchange it is. And for those back east: stay warm and enjoy listening to the snow!

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Sager ,  the still small voice is so hard to find in the world today and we  must be aware and actively seek it .   Sometimes we call it *UnPlugged*

We have had three blessed snowdays this week .... watching the birds at the feeders.  Today watching the little Amish boy pull his milk bucket on his sled  brought me a big smile .

Does it mean  I am getting old  when  I seek all the peace I can find  ???   I  look  forward to the sunset  each night   ... it will be awesome .

FM

jturbo68's picture
jturbo68
Adam wrote:

Sager -

Thanks for bringing me back to the quiet peace of the winter snowfalls of my youth in the Northeast. I remember late night walks with a good dog, feeling like the world had stopped just for me to appreciate it...

And thanks for expressing the gratitude you & many others here feel. Being first a reader of this site and now an insider, it's always been about the people: Chris and his vision, the scarily-smart and earnestly helpful community members, and the excellent CM staff. Whatever the future holds, we'll be supporting each other through it.

JAG:  don't think I've missed the kind words in your past few posts - flattery will get you everywhere with me! Seriously though, am glad you've been noticing and enjoying our efforts over the past few months. We have more new content & features coming, including some exciting interviews with big names (Chris is recording one as I type). I'll leave you with that teaser for now...but will be very interested to hear your feedback as we launch them.

To echo Sager: THANK YOU everyone for making this site the extraordinary idea-exchange it is. And for those back east: stay warm and enjoy listening to the snow!

The content and solid discussions have really stepped up in the past few months! 

Thanks for all the hard work.

John

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo

Sager, et al.,

Just came from the beach.  The waves said..........Aloha, Steve.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Thatchmo, I love the poem you included!  Could you have hit the nail more squarely on the head?

aarondenal's picture
aarondenal

Sager,

Thank you for such a heartfelt post.  Sometimes I find myself getting all caught up in my head, there is always so much to read, so much to do.  But truth of the heart is they way we can become truly resilient.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Hey aarondenal -- glad you dug it.

Coming to terms with -- and then acting on -- all the world-changing information in the CC and out in plain sight (for those with eyes to see) in the world -- is anything but easy.  And after the initial, adrenalin-fueled burst of activity to make one's life more resilient, it's only too common to get burnt out and overwhelmed trying to carry the weight of the world on one's shoulders.

So moments like the one that inspired my post are like manna to me.

Consider all the thankless and exhausting things a parent does for their kids -- especially in those times when those kids are not necessarily saying hosannas to thank their parents for all they do.  As a 45 year-old man who knows he's not going to have children, I keep that last sentence in mind when I'm beat down and discouragement is stalking me.  This difficult and oft-thankless path also features deferred payoffs.  Sticking with it can be a Herculean task.  (Why, after all, do so many stay in denial?)

So:  a longer timeview -- such as the one understood by trees under falling snow.  A mindset that attempts to embrace the eternal (at least as we humans can understand eternal).  And a deep-down gut understanding that I can link into those energies and use them in my hour-to-hour life.  These things help me persevere.  And IMO, that ability is key (as important as courage, I think) as we careen down the road into an uncertain world.

Friends with similar mindsets are priceless, too.   [smile]

Viva -- Sager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments