The Grand Chessboard

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
The Grand Chessboard

Has anyone read that Book by Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski?    

ao's picture
ao
jneo wrote:     Has anyone
jneo wrote:

Has anyone read that Book by Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski?    

Those who haven't read the book are most certainly watching the real life movie.

jneo's picture
jneo
    THank AO, I'm going to

THank AO, I'm going to pick it up at the book store today

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
I won't be buying a copy

This prompted me to seek reviews of the book.......  here's a good one:

The Hegemonic Imperative

Winter 1998

THE GRAND CHESSBOARD: AMERICAN PRIMACY AND ITS GEOSTRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
Zbigniew Brzezinski
Basic Books, 1997, xiv + 223 pgs.

Professor Brzezinski displays in this book an inordinate fondness for intellectual games. A minor and forgivable weakness, you might think. But unfortunately the games our author proposes to play put at risk the lives of millions of Americans.

It seems , however, that Brzezinski has left out Peak Oil from his grand machinations.... or at least none of the reviews mention it.  So anyone who plays global chess without understanding Limits to Growth is bound to lose.  I won't be buying a copy.

Mike

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
If Ruppert is correct.......

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
another review......
Five Star Independent Reviewer At Amazon wrote:

Like others offering their reviews, I rate this book very highly not because it is a real "page turner" or is particularly well written, but because of its cold Machiavellian analysis of the need to protect and expand the American Empire and what that means to the ordinary Joe and Jane Citizen.

Three things in this book made my blood run ice cold. The first is the complete absense of any sense of morality in the whole discussion. I do not mean that this is an *im*moral book, it is not a moral book, it is *a*moral in that there is literally no discussion whatsoever whether what is being proposed is RIGHT or should be done. That the recommendations to grow the American Empire are valid is simply assumed, not proven or even argued. The second thing was the whole discussion on how the political center of mass was Central Eurasia (i.e. the region between Turkey and Pakistan and between Iran and Turkmenistan) and how unlikely it was that we were going to be able to have a substantial presence in the region (in the near term) unless we have SOME PEARL HARBOUR CLASS EVENT to accelerate the populations willingness to accept the costs. Also, This Was Bad because it would delay our needed expansion. Then, just on cue, we have the 9/11 attacks, and dang if we don't end up with a Whole Bunch of military presence all throughout the heart of Eurasia... Coincidence? Makes one wonder. As if that is not enough, the book closes with a clear and unambiguous reference to the steps needed to get us to the One World Government of the New World Order.

Read it and weep because, as another reviewer stated, he is not predicting the future, he is *planning* the future. Coldly. Methodically.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
full book copy downloadable

The Grand Chessboard ~ by Zbigniew Brzezinski
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...

Rihter's picture
Rihter
MSNBC Morning Joe

His daughter is the co-host opposite of Joe Scarborough. Joe is an arrogant prick who spouts off whenever, to whoever, he feels. He gives Dr. Brzezinski a, obviously, extreme amount of respect (fear maybe?)

This guy has a scary amount of power in the inner power circles of the last 30+years.

ao's picture
ao
creepy
Rihter wrote:

His daughter is the co-host opposite of Joe Scarborough. Joe is an arrogant prick who spouts off whenever, to whoever, he feels. He gives Dr. Brzezinski a, obviously, extreme amount of respect (fear maybe?)

This guy has a scary amount of power in the inner power circles of the last 30+years.

CFR, Bilderberg, and more.  I know we're a melting pot but I've always found it creepy how we've let people like Kissinger, Brzezinski, Emanuel, and others, who seem (or are) more foreign than American, be privy to the highest levels of power.  And they're all colder than ice cubes on the planet Pluto.  Creepy. 

jneo's picture
jneo
Doug's picture
Doug
Morning Joe
Rihter wrote:

The name of Scarborough's show is Morning Joe.  He describes himself as a small government conservative and was a Congressman who was elected in '94 as part of the Gingrich take-over.  I like the show, except he does tend to dominate the conversation.  He has a wide range of guests on and the conversations are pretty robust.  Mika is bright and funny, a good foil for Scarborough.  BTW, he has a visceral dislike for Gingrich as do many Republicans who served with him.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, like him or not, is one of the graybeards in US foreign policy.  He was national security advisor to Jimmy Carter and foresaw the disintegration of the Soviet Union long before most folks.  He helped hasten that disintegration by encouraging a human rights agenda from the 60s on.  He was part of the Camp David accords that led to the Israel-Egypt treaty that is probably the most successful treaty in the middle east during the 20th century.

On the other side of the coin he was also part of the disastrous response to the Iran hostage taking and encouraged aid to the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan and Pakistan, a move that we are stilling living with.  And, of course, for those who favor world domination conspiracies, he was and is involved with the Trilateral Commission and Bilderberg group.

So,like him or hate him, he has been a major player in foreign policy since the Kennedy administration and should be accorded some respect for his intelligence and the influence he still has.

Doug

edit-BTW, I respect Brzezinski a hell of a lot more than I do Ruppert.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments