Gov't Installed Cameras in Private UK Homes

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Gov't Installed Cameras in Private UK Homes

Can this be?

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977761976&grpId=3659174697241980

Oh my . . . the slope is getting ever more slippery . . .

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: Gov't Installed Cameras in Private UK Homes

The most nefarious, harmful, and obnoxious laws start out under the pretense of "in the name of the children". Then once established, the camel's nose goes from being under the tent, to knocking the whole tent over.

And if you have noticed, the US is a monkey-see, monkey-do society when it comes to Britain. We have been adopting their police state for years now,

Davos's picture
Davos

I saw this in Wired Magazine's website as well. It can make one a bit hyper-sensitive to any nebulous clause in any nebulous bill - which is why I'm opposed to government run anything. First the track record of Social Security reminds me of Madoff and second I don't think the government was designed to do anything more than protect rights, property and the homeland.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

It's not just England.  Here in the USA also.

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/technology/2009/June/Small-US-Town-W...

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Morpheus wrote:

The most nefarious, harmful, and obnoxious laws start out under the pretense of "in the name of the children". Then once established, the camel's nose goes from being under the tent, to knocking the whole tent over.

Isn't that the truth! . . . And, even the programs that are intended to "help the children" don't work  . . .  As a nurse, I'm required by law to report child abuse  . . . but, after watching "the system" work for a while, I refuse to do so, except in the most horrific cases, as the state's intervention is almost invariably more harmful than even really bad parents.  It's a generalization, I know, but, I've seen kids grow up pretty neurotic with bad parents . . . but at the hands of the state, they grow up downright dangerous . . . As children they are very perceptive, and, unlike us adults, are unable to convince themselves that the people "helping" them actually care about them.  So, in those years when they are forming their ideas about things like love and compassion, they decide that the world is a cold, evil place that's looking to take something from them . . . and their character develops to conform to that perception . . . . It's a recipe for "growing" sociopaths.

OK . . . so much for my tangential ranting . . . .

More a propos to your comment, I remember, about five years ago, in the Chicago area, a case where an individual reported infant abuse when their system picked up the signal from their neighbor's nanny-cam.  The story was really quite ordinary, but was given a lot of sensationalist spin . . . only worthy of a tabloid, really . . . but it got airplay on all the networks, over and over, for weeks . . . Now, it seems clear that stories like that are intended to make the public "demand" that the government do something.  I have the same suspicion about the high profile kidnapping and child snatching cases . . . We're being primed for RFID chips . . . For our protection, of course . . .

ckessel's picture
ckessel
C1oudfire wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

Isn't that the truth! . . . And, even the programs that are intended to "help the children" don't work  . . .  As a nurse, I'm required by law to report child abuse  . . . but, after watching "the system" work for a while, I refuse to do so, except in the most horrific cases, as the state's intervention is almost invariably more harmful than even really bad parents.  It's a generalization, I know, but, I've seen kids grow up pretty neurotic with bad parents . . . but at the hands of the state, they grow up downright dangerous . . . As children they are very perceptive, and, unlike us adults, are unable to convince themselves that the people "helping" them actually care about them.  So, in those years when they are forming their ideas about things like love and compassion, they decide that the world is a cold, evil place that's looking to take something from them . . . and their character develops to conform to that perception . . . . It's a recipe for "growing" sociopaths.

OK . . . so much for my tangential ranting . . . .

More a propos to your comment, I remember, about five years ago, in the Chicago area, a case where an individual reported infant abuse when their system picked up the signal from their neighbor's nanny-cam.  The story was really quite ordinary, but was given a lot of sensationalist spin . . . only worthy of a tabloid, really . . . but it got airplay on all the networks, over and over, for weeks . . . Now, it seems clear that stories like that are intended to make the public "demand" that the government do something.  I have the same suspicion about the high profile kidnapping and child snatching cases . . . We're being primed for RFID chips . . . For our protection, of course . . .

Spot on analysis C1oudfire!!!

MSM is all about how to condidtion the populous so it will demand the very solution desired by TPTB.  We all need to turn off the "random input devices" and get a fresh look at the world. 

Coop

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Well  I noticed how small the Skype cameras are !  And every time that  I  Google a site I get adds for many more interesting sites of the same kind .Maybe , just Maybe, we should not be checking the Internet with our PJ'S on  either ....oops.  Our Local Police and public schools  watch the kids facebookactivities and such to find the places to bust .

And  anyone can take your picture with their phone and it will be all over the air in minutes .    

Do not swat your kids behind for pitching a Royal Fit in Wal-Mart !!!!   Well this is a public place ... but you may be in for a not so friendly visit .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Full Moon wrote:

Maybe we should not be checking the Internet with our PJ'S on  either ....oops.  

Aw . . . but you look so cute in the pink-flowered ones with lace at the cuffs . . .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments