Goldman Sachs’s Tax Rate Drops to 1%

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
tom.'s picture
tom.
Goldman Sachs’s Tax Rate Drops to 1%

Bloomberg Article

Excerpt:

U.S. Representative Lloyd Doggett, a Texas Democrat who serves on the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee, said steps by Goldman Sachs and other banks shifting income to countries with lower taxes is cause for concern.

“This problem is larger than Goldman Sachs,” Doggett said. “With the right hand out begging for bailout money, the left is hiding it offshore.”

skyriver's picture
skyriver
Re: Goldman Sachs’s Tax Rate Drops to 1%

I couldn't have masterminded a better plot to cyphon off the great wealth of the baby boomers if I had spent all of my 55 years plotting it.  I wasn't nearly cynical enough until the last few years.  But watching Wall Street the past few years, I started to wonder just how they would confiscate the 401K's of the boomers after they finished cyphoning off the wealth of small investors and corporations, turning many of them into shells.  It began to dawn on me that it was truly a mastermind plot.

So call me cynical but... I didn't even guess the last two moves.  1. After garnishing future taxpayer dollars, 2. move to another country and take the toys.

I asked myself "Who is 'They'?"  Who is behind this?

Wall Street's Treason, aided and abetted by the Secretary of Treasury, Senate Banking Committee, Senate Finance Committee, SEC, Federal Reserve Bank, US Investment banks, Mafia, and countless other parties that we'll probably never know about.  I'm sure others could add to this list.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid would have been envious.  The greatest heist in all history.

tom.'s picture
tom.

Your cynicism & perception is actually what brought you to the crash course, just like most of us here. We need to recreate ourselves to cope with the future. Every perception ... is an act of creation.

skyriver's picture
skyriver

Tom, I love your thought about needing to recreate ourselves to cope with the future. So very true. We need to create an action list.  We need to define what tomorrow should look like and help each other to make that happen. We all come from such different walks of life and different environments, challenges, needs.  I wonder how we start.  What things should each of us be trying to accomplish in our respective communities?  These are things I really want to take a look at.  I tell you the truth, I don't know where to start sometimes.  But this is a task we really have to take on, each of us.  Perhaps here is a place we can brainstorm and find consensus.  We really do need an action plan out of this. Thanks, Tom for your words.

tom.'s picture
tom.

You know sky, you will have any number of kinks in any community .. Anywhere. Every individual community will have it's own set of kinks to work out. There will always be Bullies, Victims, Know-it-alls, etc... What I find is that you have to trust your own karma and let your own truth and ability be known, and your own group will start to form within the community. We can all shape events in each other's brains by making noises with our words, and cause new combinations of ideas to arise in each other's minds.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments