Glenn Beck shows hockey stick chart

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
jlwestsr's picture
jlwestsr
Glenn Beck shows hockey stick chart

After I had seen the "Crash Course" presentation I decided to try to get the word out about the site.  So what better way than to pass the site information on to the media, mainly FoxNews.com.  Glenn Beck was one of the shows I had written to but never got a response back from them.  Then the other day I see this video link on the FoxNews.com site.

I find all of this fascinating. :-)

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3479955&referralPlaylistId=playlist

tribbsj's picture
tribbsj
Re: Glenn Beck shows hockey stick chart

Talking about the "gold standard" and "printing money" and "devaluing" money are new memes in the media framework... so it is odd, it's new. We'll see where it goes, if we hear anymore about it.

Bluemarble's picture
Bluemarble

Have you tried sending this info to PBS?  I find fox news really hard to stomach.  In particular, in this clip, his continued sniping at climate change is counter productive and undermines his credibility to discuss financial and economic concepts.

farstriker11's picture
farstriker11

It's all a matter of opinion.  PBS gives free reins to Al Gore and his friends - hardly a credible source!

back40's picture
back40

It is more than possible that CM is right on the economy and wrong on Peak Oil/Climate Change.  Economies are man made and finite.  I would warn that we all be much less confident with our concrete conclusions on matters over which we have limited control - like the earth and the universe.  The smartest guys in the world used to think the earth was flat.  Can you be 100% sure we've figured these things out?  The theories have merit and much of the evidence may be factual - but that does not an accurate conclusion make! 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Back40,

I would dearly love for you to be right...

Paul

jneo's picture
jneo

GLENN NEEDS TO HIT THE BANKES HARD AND KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE OUT. 

THE GOLD STANDARD NEVER WOULD OF GOTTEN US INTO THIS CRAP WE SEE TODAY.  

IT PROMOTES SMALL GOVERNMENT, HIGH STANDARD OF LIVING, SAVINGS, RETIREMENT, AND FREEDOM.(freedom from government tyranny)

"DON'T TAX ME BRO!!" 

land2341's picture
land2341

A.  Glenn Beck is a shill for goldline.  So it is in his interest to get people scared and running to hold gold.  So this type of info would work into his overall scheme.

B. We were under the gold standard still when the first depression occurred.  There is ample evidence that such a standard is not necessarily the path to happiness.  There is more involved than that.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
back40 wrote:

It is more than possible that CM is right on the economy and wrong on Peak Oil/Climate Change.  Economies are man made and finite.

Oh......  so because we didn't make the Earth, it isn't finite?

Mike

Doug's picture
Doug

Last night John Stewart showed a clip of Beck raving about how he was the only media source showing that video of the Gaza blockade runner's people beating on Israeli soldiers, and claiming some conspiracy of silence in the msm.  Stewart then flashed the same video being shown on virtually every network and his own show before Beck had his decompensation.  Beck is a complete idiot and would be an embarassment to FOX if they were capable of shame.

Doug

dshields's picture
dshields

i am not a big beck person, he drops into drama and religion a little too much for my taste.  however, some of the issues he brings up are important - especially the money and power stuff.  i don't know if he is a crook or not but on balance it is good thing if the hard working people in america watch his show.  i hope it makes them register to vote.  the democrats do not have the power to cancel elections yet.  the people of america can not ever allow them to gain that power.  i would definately survive without glenn beck but if you filter out the crap he does bring up important issues that people need to start thinging about.

Poet's picture
Poet
Whoa, Dshields!
dshields wrote:

the democrats do not have the power to cancel elections yet.  the people of america can not ever allow them to gain that power.

Whoa, Dshields. Whoa. Let's stop that LIE right in it's tracks. Both parties have made claims of voter intimidation and voter caging, and both parrties have neen guilty. But it is Republicans who are the majority in recent voter suppression attempts. Read up and weep in! (Please do read. It might just change your mind.)

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression#Examples_of_voter_suppres...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_%28voter_suppression%29

Let's get back on topic here! This is about Glenn Beck mentioning hockey stick charts. Can you please just contribute to the discussion without having to add a political stabbing into the back of half the readers in this community everytime you post?

We get it that you hate Democrats and you think Republicans are the best thing since sliced bread. There's no need to continually put down other people's beliefs here. It does not help build community, it polarizes the discussion - just look at how America is so polarized now because people on each side demonize the other and can't seem to be able to discuss things civilly without trying to get a partisan stabbing in edgewise. You may think you are right and they are wrong, but there are people who also think you are completely wrong and that they are right. It's like an abortion debate or a debate on climate change.

If you want to keep talking how you talk, there's a whole lot of political attacking going on in the comments section after every Yahoo! news article. And guess what? No one's getting along there because attacks are all they do. That's all they're interested in.

For the record, I'm an Independent. I've voted Libertarian, Republican, Democrat, depending on who I think will do the best job.

Poet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments