Get your guns now

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
sensei's picture
sensei
Get your guns now

Has anyone else noticed the high profile news coverage of EVERY criminal act committed with a gun recently?  I think we may be seeing the setup to the next "crisis" that requires a government solution.  Is anybody else seeing this or am I turning into a conspiracist? 

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: Get your guns now

No, as this economy implodes crime will rise. We see this going up daily. But the main reason to own a gun may be your renegade government. The whole reason for the 2nd ammendment is when governments become Facist. A lot of historians are seeing us move in this direction. Anyone try to find ammunition? It's getting very hard to find and very expensive. The gun shows have record crowds showing up now.

The reason I now own a gun is the fear of losing the 2nd ammendment and escalating violence. We all know that if the country collapses, you will only be able to protect your family with a gun.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2138495/posts

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

Guess I agree more with investorzzo on this one, but I don't think, sensei, that your turning conspiricist. It seems to me, at least anecdotally, that the number of shootings has increased, but truth be told I don't know if that's statistically true. I see the media as primarily sensationalist, so I've felt for the last twenty years that they've overexposed these types of stories (which I've always attributed to a macabre fasicnation with extreme violenced as opposed to an anti-gun slant). But I do agree with you that the government loves "crises" so that they can introduce "solutions." And I don't even think it would be a conspiracy if the media was extra-hyping these stories. That would just be an agenda. And agendas do not conspiracies make. It would be a conspiracy if it was at the behest of Rahm Emmanuel to act as a prelude for a secret forthcoming nullification of the second amendment.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

Oh, I forgot, sensei. As far as the sentiment, get your guns now. I wholeheartedly concur!

sensei's picture
sensei

Fascism?  Are you crazy?  That could never happen here.  Fascism is when the government ousts the leadership of private companies and installs their own leadership.  I mean, could you imagine the outrage if the Obama administration tried that?

Oh wait, they already did that with GM and we hardly heard a peep. They tested the waters and all went well so I'm sure we'll be seeing that move again. I'm very scared for this country. 

I agree with you completely that the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our government.  We have been brainwashed into believing that is an old-fashioned relic meant to protect hunters and target shooters.  By any real measure the government has already partially succeeded in thwarting the purpose of the 2nd amendment.  The types of weapons we are allowed to have are really no match for what the government would send against an insurrection. 

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

This is definately a knee-jerk reaction to the coverage about increased sales.

The general population will see this is absolute uncivilized calamity and with their knees knocking together, they'll beg for government intervention.

The state sponsored media in this country is bought and paid for.
We've had a mass shooting for... oh, every 250,000 jobs lost so far this year.

Correalation? Maybe not scientific, but something architectural is going on here.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

It's also eye opening that as far as I can tell, all of the latest mass shootings have had the shooter target areas that are gun free zones. I don't think this is coincidental either, I think that they are specifically targetting gun free zones for exactly this type of thing, since anyone there is not carrying a firearm.

However the Media don't cover this small but relatively salient fact.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Beginner's Guide to Carry

For those that want to learn more.

http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=400

This guy does great reviews of guns and other weapons. Search in the videos area.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy 

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Gungnir wrote:

It's also eye opening that as far as I can tell, all of the latest mass shootings have had the shooter target areas that are gun free zones. I don't think this is coincidental either, I think that they are specifically targetting gun free zones for exactly this type of thing, since anyone there is not carrying a firearm.

However the Media don't cover this small but relatively salient fact.

It is sort of like the media talking about the gang bangers in LA carrying concealed handguns. Well we have laws against that sort of thing if you you don't have a permit and they did not have a permit therefore they could not have had a concealed firearm. Wink

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

they ...........whoever they are are also using the drug wars in mexico for the smae reason

they are saying the guns the gangs are using are coming from the u.s.

well hell we make more guns than anyone, we have more guns than anyone and oh btw we seel guns to the mexican army

think anyone in the mexican military is selling their guns to their cousins the drug gangs?

forget guns buy rocket launchers. we sold them to the mujahadeen............its how they beat the soviets

r101958's picture
r101958

Sensei......yes.....I have noticed. Scarily similar to the seemingly prescient story line in Matt Bracken's books (link below).

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/index.htm

nickbert's picture
nickbert

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30043893

This really torqued me... when I saw this last night, the news link contained a title something like "Gunman feared Obama Gun Ban", though I've noticed they've since edited that out. To my mind the link title attempted in a small way to associate the killer with anyone seriously concerned about gun rights. The gun ban fear mentioned was apparently based off something his best friend told reporters after the incident, so while it probably is true, I found it thoroughly sleazy how that was what the news editor or author chose to focus on in the title link rather than the 3 unfortunate officers who died. It doesn't take a conspiracy to sway public opinion, sometimes all it takes is a handful of douchebags with a personal agenda.

- Nickbert

.'s picture
joe2baba wrote:

they ...........whoever they are are also using the drug wars in mexico for the smae reason

they are saying the guns the gangs are using are coming from the u.s.

well hell we make more guns than anyone, we have more guns than anyone and oh btw we seel guns to the mexican army

think anyone in the mexican military is selling their guns to their cousins the drug gangs?

forget guns buy rocket launchers. we sold them to the mujahadeen............its how they beat the soviets

How many of the guns that the Mexican Drug Cartels have are fully automatic?  You don't find those available in large quantities at US gun shows or in gun shops.  Or for that matter, the price of those fully automatic weapons are usually very high and hard to obtain.  I would bet more of those weapons are coming from south of the Mexican border.  I would also like to know where they are getting their ammo from.  I find it very difficult in the last few months to find ammo in any significant quantity anywhere.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Investorzzo,

That article is excellent! The pictures really help, and I think Mr. Collier touches on all the "main" points associated with CCW.

The only thing I disagree with him on is caliber selection, but largely because it's relative, takes into account far more than "size" (which he does touch upon) and I feel it's best to buy a gun in the caliber it was designed for.

The most common stoppages and mechanical malfunctions are in +P calibers and calibers other than what the weapon was designed around.

Massive Kudos to him. Very well put together.

Aaron

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

Investorzzo, Fascism
is a 20th Century term and the 2nd Amendment was ratified
in the 18th Century. I agree
that there is a danger of a new up rise of Fascism, which is basically the
political branch of Social Darwinism.
Morons like Bill Maher peddle this garbage on TV with alarming frequency.

Sensei, your 2nd
Amendment has been under attack for a while, but the attack has been overt and
there is no secret plot between the MSM and the Government. Also, I don’t think that it is logistically
possible for the current administration to pull it off(confiscation). Obama and his team aren't the most organized
bunch I have seen. Maybe they could
outsource it to ACORN.

green_achers's picture
green_achers

Hello, all.  Been following CM for a some months now, but this is my first post.

I have mixed feelings about the "get your guns now" hype that's going on right now.  I would never try to tell anyone not to get any firearms thay want, but I really think the current market we see is a result of some sort of hysteria.  Every time I go into a gun store or log onto one of the gun forums, there's somebody wailing that Obama's going to take our guns away, and we better buy now.  The result?  Outrageous prices and shortages.  Sure makes life nice if you're a seller.

Now, it may just be that I already have all of the firearms that I think I'll ever need, and like I said, I would never tell anyone else not to buy, especially if they don't own anything now.  But I seriously think the president has more problems on his plate than gun control right now.  With all he has to do to pull the country through this economic mess, I can't imagine he would spend political capital on an issue that any blind fool would have to see is a loser.  Obama is a very smart politician, and I don't think the lesson of 2000 has been lost on him.

No, I'm not unaware that his bias is probably toward the control side, though I noticed before the election that he does hold the position that the 2nd Amendment recognizes an individual right.

To put it into perspective, consider a small anecdote.  My son deployed to Afghanistan last month.  Before he left, he shopped around for some high-quality magazines for his M-4.  Not that the GI ones aren't adequate, but a guy wants every edge he can get in a situation that might mean his life.  The problem is, he had a really hard time finding any, and when he did, they were very expensive and the seller shorted him on the order.  Now I just have to shake my head in chagrin when I consider that someone like him who has a pretty real need for the things has a hard time getting them because a bunch of whackos and gun store ninjas are whipping up a panic.  Not to cast anything toward anyone here, but I'm sure you've all run across the types.  Just go to a gun show, it's almost comical.

Ken C's picture
Ken C

Green Achers,

I know what you mean by shortages. I have been looking to get some more bullets for reloading and it seems that most everyone is out of what I want. Not that I am in a hurry or need them tomorrow but it is annoying to see that all dealers are out and the prices seem to be a lot higher than the last time I bought. 

I can wait. I see no reason to get too excited about supply problems right now.

Ken

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Green Arches,

I agree entirely. This panic, like almost all others, is based on flawed perception.

Guns are not so critically needed or in short supply as to warrant this situation.

At present, buying would only be good for investment purposes, or as insurance against a "bad" situation.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Green Achers,

I noticed just today that the Walmart in Fairbanks has a sign limiting bulk ammo purchases to 2 boxes, presumably because a small minority of buyers were cleaning out the stock immediately.  And you know what?  They STILL are out of almost everything.  I tried 3 places today, and there was no 9mm to be had anywhere, and precious little of anything else.  I haven't had the chance to move most of my ammo up here to Alaska yet, and all I wanted was a box of 9mm and a couple boxes of 5.56/.223 for plinking until I move the rest of my stuff up.  I'm all for having extra ammo stored away, but constantly buying up so much that hardly anyone else gets to purchase any is plain selfish.  I wish it weren't so, but the people you describe are in great abundance up in this state.... most of the time those kinda folks are just mildly amusing, but it's ceased being funny and is now just annoying.

- Nickbert

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

How about instead of picking up a bunch of guns, how about we all start picking up the telephones and demand we pass Minnesota HF 888 and SF 888.  I guess I would rather have a wealth based currency instead of a civil war.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments