Generation Zero

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
goes211's picture
goes211
Generation Zero

Has anyone else seen this movie?  I ordered this DVD a few weeks ago and finally got around to watching it. 

All I can say is that I am totally disappointed.  I am currently reading the Fourth Turning and I was hoping for a good integrated story about the coming crisis.  What you get is very close to mainstream Republican propaganda piece.  Yes, the movie does claim that the problems in congress are bipartisan, but I just could not get past the identities of many of the speakers.

The movie itself was light on facts and insights.  The  underlying message was not horrible but I found the choosen messengers to completely nullify any credibility.  If you enjoy getting lectured about spending by the political class ( Newt Gingrich, Dick Morris, ... ), journalist class ( Charles Krauthammer, Lou Dobbs, ... ), or Neo-Cons (John Bolton, David Frum, ...), by all means check it out.  What makes this even more disapointing is that some reasonable people are in there like Michael Panzner, Neil Howe, Barry Ritholtz, ...

The movie itself just looked too interesting to not check out.  I guess I should have learned more about Citizens United before purchasing this.

Anybody else want to disagree?

JAG's picture
JAG
Re: Generation Zero

Thanks for the feedback Goes. I did notice a little while back that Neil Howe distanced himself from the movie on his blog, now I know why.

Politics ruins everything that it touches.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments