GATA (Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
GATA (Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee)

Guys. I LOVE this site.

GATA. Gotta love a financial civil rights group that takes on JPMorganChase. 

www.gata.org

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: GATA (Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee)

Ooops. My bad.

They took on the Bank of International Settlements, then JPMorgan. 

I wonder why these guys are still alive? 

wdstk46's picture
wdstk46

GATA has many serious supporters.  James Turk is one of my favorites.  GATA also has some serious detractors, such as Jon Nadler of Kitco and Mike Shedlock (Mish) of Sitka Pacific Capital Management. 

I tend to go with Nadler and Mish (hold the flames please).  I think the GATA position is a distraction from what we really need to focus on.   That is also the reason they are left alone.  They are way too far out in left field to be a threat to anyone. 

This is an issue that has everyone on either one side or the other.  GATA is very vocal and their position is well known.  For another side of the story check out:

Another View of GATA

Having said that, GATA supporters are extremely passionate about their position so I am not going to engage in argument here.  I just want to point out that every story has two sides.

Thanks for not stoning me Smile

Jim

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

No stoning. I also frequent Mish's site too. 

Not tooting my horn as some kind of "bright guy" but I seem to do well in my quest for being "less ignorant" when I follow Aristotle's view. 

A Pretty Bright Guy wrote:

It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it

I like a lot of Mish's stuff. Maybe someday I'll figure all of this stuff out and not be ignorant at all. 

I'm not holding my breath. :)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments