The Future of American Manufacturing

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
krogoth's picture
krogoth
The Future of American Manufacturing

The Future of American Manufacturing- By Krogoth

Take a good hard look at this item

This is called a pizza saver. It's what is one of the top manufactured items in America left. It is a symbol of our failures as a society and our government protecting our jobs and industries.

This item should be imprinted on our flag, because it's our present and future in global manufacturing. It is a reminder. Every time you eat a pizza, I want you to look at this simple little item and think.

When you shop and consume this holiday weekend and this holiday season, and are forced to buy Chinese or foreign products, think about this item. I know you can't avoid Chinese or foreign products because companies like WalMart have made sure to pay employees as cheap as possible, to give you the chance to buy cheap as possible goods from Chinese and foreign countries outside America. It's all most people can afford in the masses.

You need to go buy your Christmas tree stand, made in China. Your lights, made in Vietnam, your tinsel, made in Mexico.

Go buy your presents, made everywhere but the US. Give them to your children and family and watch in glee as you are handing them the very thing that is the instrument of destruction of the future jobs of America, and your childrens future. Unless it's Lego's, which are still made in the US. One of the last of the big toys.

But remember, it's not the holy cross, the swastika, the hammer and sickle, the stars and stripes, the state flag or any other symbol we are under. It's the pizza saver that is the new symbol of America. United States Patent D572603

Happy Shopping-

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Re: The Future of American Manufacturing

I have nothing to add but only to say quite incisive, my friend, quite incisive.

Ray Hewitt's picture
Ray Hewitt

And that lies the reason why America has no means with which to bring about an economic recovery. It's straight downhill for the foreseeable future. The vampires in Washington fed themselves by sucking the life out of our capital base.

Ray Hewitt's picture
Ray Hewitt

Henry Hazlitt is on Mish's list of recommended books as the author of Economics in one Lesson. In another book, The Failure of the New Economics (1959). The usually polite Hazlitt couldn't hide his contempt for Keynes' theories and his turgid writing style.This sentence is a gem for its predictability.

"The real objection to keeping rates of interest too low is that they encourage excessive borrowing, inflationary price and wages rises, speculative projects that cannot pay their way, and illusions, instabilities, and distortions throughout the economy that are bound to lead eventually to a crash."

On Keynes and the academic establishment:

"If the statistics do not fit in with Keynes's preconceptions, it is the statistics, not the preconceptions, that are to be suspected or thrown out. If the facts do not substantiate the a priori theory, so much the worse for the facts. Time and again Keynes tries to carry his point by sheer ex cathedra pronouncement. His evident success in carrying it off can only be attributed to the docility of academic opinion."

On the General Theory:

"I have been unable to find in it a single important doctrine that is both true and original. What is original in the book is not true; and what is true is not original, but can be found in a score of previous writers."

"Keynes constantly goes wrong because he chronically thinks in terms of averages and aggregates that conceal the very causal relations he is trying to study."

In my words, Keynes (and Marx) owe their immense influence because of the rationals they provided for government control over economic activity. 

Headless's picture
Headless

Krogoth,

I have another candidate for the U.S. flag 2009:

U.S. Flag 2009

NonZeroOne

rlee's picture
rlee

This post is too perfect!  What to say but:  "Hail the Pizza Saver!"

Remember Krogoth, it's not what you do, but that you do it well! 

Futuo's picture
Futuo

I hope this doesn't betray my stupidity...but what exactly is the purpose of the "pizza saver"? All i know is that as kids, my friends and i would fight over "the table", and proudly display our spoils of war on top of it for the duration of our meal. I'm guessing that it's just to support the top of the box...?

krogoth's picture
krogoth

To keep the cheese from sticking to the box

Also, don't get too attached to it. I just read a Chinese contractor wants to take this away from America as well.

brandenism's picture
brandenism

My family owns a local pizza shop and I must say that these little pizza savers are a gift from God himself.

Long live American pizza.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments