FSN interview with Robert Prechter, expect more deflation

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
bluestone's picture
bluestone
FSN interview with Robert Prechter, expect more deflation

Nice interview with Bob Prechter on Jim Puplava

http://www.financialsense.com/fsn/main.php

I know Im bringing the old inflation/deflation topic back up but I thought this was a nice interview.  Robert Prechter has reiterated that hyperinflation is essentially impossible until all the credit is destroyed (Im paraphrasing).  He acknowledged that inflation/hyperinflation can occur once all the credit and debt is wiped out, but emphasized that this would be a political decision.  

Based on what Im hearing, I think that the two safest places to be in are cash,  precious metals during this deflationary phase.

Bob Prechter suggested holding T-bills.  Why are these a safe way to hold cash? or at least safer than holding money in a bank.  I am nervous about holding too much cash in the bank, because of the potential  risk of bank closures and bank runs.  What type of T-bills are best to hold?

Chris martenson has suggested that precious metals, particularly gold, do well in deflation.  Can someone further explain this concept to me?

Brian

bluestone's picture
bluestone
Re: FSN interview with Robert Prechter, expect more ...

Sorry guys, didn't realize this was already posted, but please provide further input.

Brian

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments