Fortified Buildings Etc.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SteveR's picture
SteveR
Fortified Buildings Etc.

My gut tells me that if things start to get really bad in the U.S. - to the point that general safety is a concern - that entrepreneurs will try to fill that need for safety by creating safe havens, for a price.  For example, I could envision a tall hotel building being easy converted into a safe haven by posting armed guards at the bottom and strictly limiting access.  Food, water, and heat would also be part of the deal.  The market price for this type of arrangement would probably be pretty high.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

SteveR

randallriggs's picture
randallriggs
Re: Fortified Buildings Etc.

Steve:

I never thought about it, but, yes, that idea makes sense. However, you might be protecting yourself against the US government, not the people without jobs or money! Something close to a place with a lawn so you could grow a garden for food would be helpful too. 

elsinga's picture
elsinga

I think a tall building is not very easily defended... I think I would be more safe at a rural place with natural fortifications, say a mountain area with large caves. I saw something like that on the internet somewhere, a completely camouflaged place.

WhoKnew's picture
WhoKnew
elsinga wrote:

I think a tall building is not very easily defended... I think I would be more safe at a rural place with natural fortifications, say a mountain area with large caves. I saw something like that on the internet somewhere, a completely camouflaged place.

I think it depends, vs an army, a tall building wouldnt be good, vs a mob of angry Joe public's it would be awesome.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments