Fleckenstein interview feedback

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ranch's picture
ranch
Fleckenstein interview feedback

Hello, and pardon me if this is an inappropriate forum to raise this topic.  I greatly appreciate the information here, and I am deeply concerned about where we Americans are heading in the relatively near future.

Regarding the podcast interview of Mr Fleckenstein.  This "fed bashing", as legitimate as it is, sounds more like a broken record as of late. There is something I would really like to hear, and that is an interview of someone who's objective is to support the fed.  Just what do they have to say to their critics?  I really don't know.  It would be nice for Mr Martenson to reach out to a legitimate economist who, if it's possible to find one, takes the position that our federal reserve is a good entity that should not be abolished.  Hearing "pro fed" arguments would likely help me understand the status quo a lot better.

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated
Re: Fleckenstein interview feedback

There is a discussion link on yesterday's daily digest 01/18/2011 that includes Niall Ferguson.  In the last question at the end of the talk he addresses part of the issue of the Fed, but does not go into detail.   He is supportive of the institution, but not of its policy. This may give you some leads to follow.

http://fora.tv/2010/07/08/The_Financial_Crisis_Will_It_Lead_to_Americas_...

patrickhenry's picture
patrickhenry
Re: Fleckenstein interview feedback
ranch wrote:

Hello, and pardon me if this is an inappropriate forum to raise this topic.  I greatly appreciate the information here, and I am deeply concerned about where we Americans are heading in the relatively near future.

Regarding the podcast interview of Mr Fleckenstein.  This "fed bashing", as legitimate as it is, sounds more like a broken record as of late. There is something I would really like to hear, and that is an interview of someone who's objective is to support the fed.  Just what do they have to say to their critics?  I really don't know.  It would be nice for Mr Martenson to reach out to a legitimate economist who, if it's possible to find one, takes the position that our federal reserve is a good entity that should not be abolished.  Hearing "pro fed" arguments would likely help me understand the status quo a lot better.

Here's a nobel winning economist that appreciates what the fed is doing, would like the fed to hit a high inflation target, and thinks the current quantitative easing is much too limited.  No need for CM to interview as he shares his thoughts frequently, including as a columnist for the NYT.

http://www.truth-out.org/at-federal-reserve-its-lonely-top65160

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments