Finding Existing Members Locally

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eye's picture
Eye
Finding Existing Members Locally

Anyone who reads this is already a member of a "community at large."  We all, at some level, subscribe to Chris' insights and have an interest in preparedness.  Unfortunately communities "at large" are not good at doing things locally.  I would like to suggest the creation of some mechanism on this site where members of a local community can find one another.  People of a more private persuation would not have to participate or be revealed.  The addition of regional forums is one possible solution.  Another possibility is a method where at registration a new member can allow or disallow their screen name and City, State from showing up on a membership roster.  Once a member actually knows other members live nearby a simple e mail through the site allows for introductions without revealing identities yet.  Furthermore, keeping real names and addresses off the site protects us from spammers and even worse.

We want to spread the word and start taking actions.  We want to be aware of local resources.  We want to enjoy the strength in numbers and the comraderie.

Eye

admin's picture
admin
Re: Finding Existing Members Locally

Eye,

I would recommend reading this post from Chris from a couple of weeks ago.  Thanks.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/huge-upgrade-coming-site-very-soon/16726

Ron

BSV's picture
BSV

Eye and Ron:

Eye makes a good suggestion, and I happened to recall the upgrade post stating that we could expect something like this soon. I look forward to it. Keep up the good work in making constant improvements in the utility of the site.

Eye's picture
Eye

Excellent Ron.  I had done a basic search on the subject and came up bare, hence my post.  Very glad to hear about all you are doing.  Sending in a donation to help the cause.  Thanks so much.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments