financial planners

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
redinr08's picture
redinr08
financial planners

I need advice regarding financial planners.  Do you think it is okay for me to have a financial planner that is located in another state?  What foreseeable problems could there be, compared to having a planner that I could meet with "face-to-face"?

tom.'s picture
tom.
Re: financial planners
redinr08 wrote:

I need advice regarding financial planners.  Do you think it is okay for me to have a financial planner that is located in another state?  What foreseeable problems could there be, compared to having a planner that I could meet with "face-to-face"?

Just stay here .. this is where the financial planners come to learn.

jeanius2's picture
jeanius2

Beware! The name is misleading and deceptive.

At least in Australia, Financial Planners = financial product salespersons. They sell mutual funds etc. They do not plan to create wealth for you they plan to create wealth for themselves. (Yeah I am sure there may be exceptions).

Ruhh's picture
Ruhh

is there such a thing as a financial advisor as opposed to a planner?

Where can someone young like myself with zero experience in finacial plannig get sound advise? Hell I don't even have any RRSPs or anything. I only owe about 3K in student loans and credit lines. I don't own and I have no savings.

As I metioned in another post, I would like to invest in bouillon or something but I have but the faintest clue as to where to start. Can I trust my banker to show me how to invest rather than where?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments