Financial Advisors in the Boston area

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
DRHolden's picture
DRHolden
Financial Advisors in the Boston area

I would like to find a financial advisor in the Boston area who I can trust and who knows about and believes in Peak Oil, Climate Change, and the terrible state of our U.S. economy.  Someone who can help me plan for the next 20 years that will be nothing like the last 20 years, and for the many years beyond the next 20.  I am one of those people who has money stuck in retirement accounts of various types, has a pretty big mortgage (at a pretty low interest rate), and will have 2 kids in college this fall.  I have begun to deversify, including buying some physical gold, and plan to sell my current home within the next 5 years, and move to a more sustainable community.  I need to find someone who can help me get my retirement assets in order.  Does anyone have any recommendations for people in the Boston Metro West area?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

DRHolden's picture
DRHolden
Re: Financial Advisors in the Boston area

sorry about the triple post.  no idea what happened...

Davos's picture
Davos
deanrholden wrote:

I would like to find a financial advisor in the Boston area who I can trust and who knows about and believes in Peak Oil, Climate Change, and the terrible state of our U.S. economy.  Someone who can help me plan for the next 20 years that will be nothing like the last 20 years, and for the many years beyond the next 20.  I am one of those people who has money stuck in retirement accounts of various types, has a pretty big mortgage (at a pretty low interest rate), and will have 2 kids in college this fall.  I have begun to deversify, including buying some physical gold, and plan to sell my current home within the next 5 years, and move to a more sustainable community.  I need to find someone who can help me get my retirement assets in order.  Does anyone have any recommendations for people in the Boston Metro West area?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

No idea about anyone in that area. I'd recommend Jim Puplava or Eric Sprott. Personally, aside from those 2 I'd just go it myself. IMO this is not a time where you can let someone else drive and at the very least not be looking over their shoulder. 

garyh's picture
garyh

I wish I knew of an advisor near Boston that meets your criteria.  One problem in finding such a person is that they are bound by "fiduciary responsibility".  This essentially means acting as a "prudent person" would act, and prudent translates into doing what everyone else is doing.  Consequently, you end up in a "catch 22" situation.  Personally I gave up the search years ago and picked up the responsibility myself.  If you have the time perhaps you could educate yourself and/or join with others with similar needs, concerns, and objectives.  I'm in the process myself here in Western Mass.  Perhaps Chris's site could facilitate some local network building so individuals could build a "sustainable" financial plan with others.

Davos's picture
Davos
garyh wrote:

Personally I gave up the search years ago and picked up the responsibility myself.  

+1 to that!

The only reason I recommended Sprott is that his hedge fund has him invested in gold, gold, gold and energy. Puplava's PFS Group sounds similar but less weighted on the gold. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments