Finally proof that God exists- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban charged with insider trading

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
krogoth's picture
krogoth
Finally proof that God exists- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban charged with insider trading

If Mark Cuban lived in Gladiator times, his name would be Douchebagus Maximus

bobb dobbs's picture
bobb dobbs
Re: Finally proof that God exists- Mavericks owner Mark ...

Here's a link:

http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/11/sec-charges-mar.html

Ray Hewitt's picture
Ray Hewitt

"As we allege in the
complaint, Mamma.com entrusted Mr. Cuban with nonpublic information
after he promised to keep the information confidential. Less than four
hours later, Mr. Cuban betrayed that trust by placing an order to sell
all of his shares," said Scott W. Friestad, deputy director of the
SEC's Division of Enforcement."It is fundamentally unfair for someone
to use access
to nonpublic information to improperly gain an edge on the market.

Insider trading is one of those arbitrary gotcha laws that prosecutors build their political careers on. Cuban did what was natural, he acted to protect his wealth. LIke Martha Stewert, his high profile makes him fair game. If there was a god, Paulson would be in jail.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Say, whatever happened to all those option backdating scandals a couple years back?

You know, the ones where executives (a.k.a. "insiders") were using illegal methods to retroactively grant themselves billions and billions of dollars worth of options priced at the exact low points of the prior periods?

I can't recall a single prosecution or fine.

Are we sure that SEC doesn't stand for Selective Enforcement Commission?

krogoth's picture
krogoth
I found the super rich secret club! They are running a special!

To be quite honest, I really believe this is just scratching the surface. Cuban must have just got really stupid. It does not surprise me, because these super rich always squeeze every little dime they can, like Martha Stewart.  

This is he funny part
Cuban is the majority partner of sharesleuth.com, an independent web-based reporting site aimed at exposing securities fraud and corporate chicanery

Is that sweet or what? I am still laughing!

As for justice, I think when your talking about the backdating scandal, it will go the way of the mortgage scandal. A lot of wind and nobody brought to justice.

What I want to really know is how to you get membership to this usually above the law, super rich club. 

Oh wait, I found it on the Internet!!!!!!!
(Looks like they are running a special!)

The sick rich above the law club- Special Offer!   WWW.SRATLC.GOV

Club Rules

Step 1- Be a douchebag or political tyrant, or just power hungry in some form

Step-2 Luck into a fortune, or create a fortune and be as greedy as possible, beyond human imagination and spend it on things that make you look acceptable and important to the common folk. Don't offer one thing to help society or you will be rejected from club membership immediately

Step-3 Grab all amounts of money, regardless of hurting people or even if it seems stupid to risk your reputation on it, go ahead and get it, all of it. Now hide it. WE WILL SHOW YOU HOW!

Step-4 Repeat step 1

If you meet all these requirements, simply---

Send $10,000,000 to H. Paulson Douche Club President or HPDCP, in cash or Gold equivalent
Send $10,000,000 to Chairman Cox, VP Douche Club, in cash or Gold equivalent 

OR you can send it directly to the US TREASURY. Make sure you put a note on the box of money that says "For Henry or Ben, ASAP Club Dues for SRATLC, YOUR NAME and SSN"

If you are the CEO of a bank, act now for a 10% discount

Sorry, we are not accepting major credit cards at this time 

Also, any member of the Bush family can receive the membership club dues- Just contact anyone, even cousins. But hurry, offer ends soon! And when we say soon, we mean really soon!

rlee's picture
rlee
Get over it!

This is the American way - Capitalism at it's finest play.  

When you take $50 that doesn't belong to you, it's called stealing, and it's a crime - you can be fined and go to jail for that.

When you "make" a bizillion dollars by lying, cheating, and forgery of documents, it's called "Big Business", and if you want to make it big in this world you need to quit complaining and learn to play ball with the big boys or get out of the game!

I think we need to look at this with the proper perspective guys, really!

krogoth's picture
krogoth
Re: Get over it!

Yea but its MARK CUBAN

Next to seeing PAULSON going to jail, this one's pretty up high

rlee's picture
rlee

Jail is too posh a place for Paulson.  I'd offer up some alternatives, but who knows what evil lurks in the world of cyberspace.

rlee's picture
rlee

The sad but true truth here is that as big a douche as Cuban is, he is being thrown out as the sacrifice.  The powers are putting on a big show for the people that draws their attention away from the REAL insider trading that's being done by Hank and Ben.

The result will be a dumbed up populous applauding the SEC and cheering "they really are catching the bad guys!"

We as a nation are a bunch of gullible idiots.

tom.'s picture
tom.
rlee wrote:

Jail is too posh a place for Paulson.  I'd offer up some alternatives, but who knows what evil lurks in the world of cyberspace.

What are you suggesting Bob?    Surprised

edit for pirate effect  Smile

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments