Final COuntdown To Lowesville Seminar

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Final COuntdown To Lowesville Seminar

Just a reminder.  There are three weeks left until the Lowesville Seminar and there is still room for more registrants.

If you are on the fence, fall off. 

From what the Rowe attendees shared and told us to expect, Lowesville promises to be equally as beneficial and energizing.

Hope to see you there.

joemanc's picture
joemanc
Re: Final COuntdown To Lowesville Seminar

Dogs - I was on the fence, then I decided against it. Then I listened to the podcast last week, and now I'm on the fence again. I'm dreading the drive, 7+ hours. Rowe is only 2 hours from me, but I'd have to wait until next winter. Twist my arm some more!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Joe -

If it's okay with Chris, I will bring scotch.  Cool

Chris asked me to bring my guitar and mandolin so I'm guessing there will be some after hours decompression time for people so inclined.

Twist, twist, and an eye gouge for good measure.................

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Joe, I'll give you my perspective as a Rowe attendee, FWIW. My guess is that the Lowes conference will be a much better practical guide to addressing community-forming issues than Rowe. Since you are seven hours from there and  may find most folks coming from near Lowes, though, you may find it less helpful in meeting specific folks who might actually become involved in addressing your own community needs. You WILL get info from others on their personal assessment plans and get energized but may find it difficult to translate into some actions at home. Or you may not.

I found Rowe to be valuable in a number of ways and will consider reattending next year only if people from my immediate area attend AND if the focus continues on community building and preparation. You are just not going to easily be able to form communities with those you meet 7+ hours away. Rowe was 4 hours from me and I'm was unable to do so and had to start from scratch here, a difficult task with which I'm still struggling and even stalled. I tried to keep in touch with a small group from Rowe and that become an increasingly challenge. 

I'm sure any of us would enjoy the stimulation and cameraderie of Lowes and I'd go there for the hell of it if possible but in my world of scarce goodwill resources, that will not happen. You may have more resources than I do or want to confront issues in person while knowing those people will not be in your community, especially if you think TSHTF before next year.

JMHO.

SG

cat233's picture
cat233
An opportunity that shouldn't be missed
This is why I am attending the seminar...
I listened to Chris' PBS video four times. (You may also by clicking
here... http://www.peakprosperity.com/crashcourse ) I heard Chris'
words at the end of the video many more times... What I wrote below paraphrases
some of his thoughts.  Besides for the obvious reasons of meeting the Martenson
family in person along with many of the other people I have gotten to know
through this site, these are a few of the reasons why I am attending the
seminar.  I am most thankful for what Chris and Becca, and the rest of the CM
staff bring to us daily. I am grateful to even have the opportunity to continue
to grow and learn from them and others that I have met through this site since
finding Chris. 
Hope alone is a terrible strategy, we need to be honest with ourselves and
see the world as it really is, and not as we hope it to be... I need to know
what to do to be best prepared.
I need to make the most of what comes next... The future of prosperity and
not of blind growth... How will I help in this?
The Crash Course is a beginning, not an end.... Where am I going
next?
To better learn how to be part of the culture of WE, how to build our
communities, since our communities are the greatest source of wealth.
If we look at things the right way, we will have a renewed sense of purpose
and meaning... My path will become clearer in my life and also in my
community. 
Cat
Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

I am attending because Cat told me I was...........

That and the scotch with SG and Chris.

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

I know you and Cat will be assets to the conference attendees. Sorry I can't be there.

SG

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Thinking about it; need to convince the wife that I/we should attend!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Doc -

Spring in the Shenandoahs is an awful nice counter to the April blizzards of the midwest.

mktqwn's picture
mktqwn

To all those who are on the fence,

I hope you will come and attend.  I was hesitant at first but since things seem to be changing at a much quicker pace than I had anticipated I want to be as prepared as possible.  Granted, not everyone will live close to me to help form a community but thinking of all I will learn from Chris and Becca who trusted themselves, took responsiblity and are much  more prepared than I am at this point.  I don't want to spend time figuring things out myself when I can learn from someone who has done it, look at all that time saved!

That's a summary of why I'm attending.  Now, I'm looking forward to meeting the Martenson's and so many others there!

Becca Martenson's picture
Becca Martenson
Re: Final Countdown To Lowesville Seminar

Hi everyone -

We're getting really excited about the seminar here at the Martenson household. The story we have to tell has changed considerably since Rowe as we are refining our message and getting to the heart of what is most important to send participants home with.

I also want to emphasize that while we will be coming together as a temporary community for the weekend seminar, our expectation is to give you the tools you need to go home and build community in your neighborhoods and towns, not necessarily to build meaningful lasting relationships with the other seminar attendees. I know that many of the folks that went to Rowe are still in touch with each other, and that is a bonus! But many of us will be "starting from scratch" building communities of need in our hometowns (or hopefully building onto existing community structures, if we're lucky). Lowesville is the place to learn how to start the process and hear the stories Chris and I have to tell having been working on it for many years. We will have participants from all over the country, and everyone will benefit regardless of their proximity to the conference site.

I encourage you all to come if you can, and please sign up soon. 57 people attended the conference at Rowe and 40 people we turned away in the last week because the conference center was full. I'd hate to have the same thing happen at Lowesville.

See you in Virginia! Coming from western MA, where the temps are still in the 20s at night, I am really looking forward to warm spring days.

~Becca

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments