FerFAL - 5 Most Underrated Survival Skills

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
FerFAL - 5 Most Underrated Survival Skills

FerFAL has a very good video presentation, with accompanying article, on "The 5 Most Underrated Survival Skills for Survivalists".  I think most people here are familiar with FerFAL, but if you aren't, he has a lot of great experience from living through the economic collapse in Argentina.  He makes some insightful comments about prepping realistically that carry weight given his background. I really like the combination of his experience and pragmatic nature.

Here's the link to the article with the clips, and an excerpt. http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2011/04/5-most-underrated-survival-skills-for.html .  I'll be curious to hear others' thoughts on it as well!

FerFal wrote:

This topic was suggested by fellow youtuber LordHumungus and I just finished recording the video clip. I think it’s a good exercise as a way of reviewing what’s important and what may deserve a bit more attention in our preparedness. 1) Realistic Security and Self Defense By this I mean both planning for realistic events where your life is being threatened by criminals and how hard (or soft) your home may be to criminals. For self defense since time and funds are limited your objective should be very clear. What are you preparing for? If its zombies just go for the sawed off 12 gage shotgun. You might as well be cool in your fantasy. But are you planning on you defending yourself from some of the worst our society has to offer, against criminals that would attack you during your daily routine when you happen to be most vulnerable?

Oct5's picture
Oct5
Love ferFal, but is he prone

Love ferFal, but is he prone to exaggeration? The way he describes Argentina, seems like it's populated by roving bands of zombies and stealthy serial killers. It's like he's working for the Chilean travel industry, trying to swing tourists away from Buenos Aires and over to his long skinny country. I should watch vid before I comment again...though...This may be a bit premature. Thanks for link!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Oct5 wrote: Love ferFal, but
Oct5 wrote:

Love ferFal, but is he prone to exaggeration? The way he describes Argentina, seems like it's populated by roving bands of zombies and stealthy serial killers.

Well you got a giggle out of me with that description, Oct5.  That said, I guess I don't know for sure if FerFAL is exaggerating, because I don't have first hand experience with Argentina,.  But he never struck me that way, as someone prone to exaggeration.   He has always struck me as a pretty straightforward guy who is just describing things the way he experiences them.  He doesn't strike me as someone who hypes things up or a doomer at all.  Quite the opposite, he seems to emphasize that "life goes on", and the better we learn to roll with it, the better we'll do. Maybe some others can pitch in with their opinions.

Listen to the video (if you want); you can tell a lot about people by listening to the way they talk, and the way they convey a message.  I'd be curious to see if your impression changes.

FAlley's picture
FAlley
The message

FerFAL's main point tends to be that even after SHTF, life has to go on like normal. Even after the economy collapses, you can't very well go to work with your Ak47/M4gery/FAL slung Israeli-syle across your chest. You have to pack some kind of protection that's concealable, watch your back, and get on with your life like a responsible adult.

Whatever else he does, he counters the James Rawles 'Stock up your mountain retreat' mantra, and I value him for that.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments