Fed watchers say Mr Bernanke and his close allies at the board in Washington are worried

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Fed watchers say Mr Bernanke and his close allies at the board in Washington are worried

Fed watchers say Mr Bernanke and his close allies at the Board in Washington are worried by signs that the US recovery is running out of steam. The ECRI leading indicator published by the Economic Cycle Research Institute has collapsed to a 45-week low of -5.7 in the most precipitous slide for half a century. Such a reading typically portends contraction within three months or so.
Key members of the five-man Board are quietly mulling a fresh burst of asset purchases, if necessary by pushing the Fed's balance sheet from $2.4 trillion (£1.6 trillion) to uncharted levels of $5 trillion. But they are certain to face intense scepticism from regional hardliners. The dispute has echoes of the early 1930s when the Chicago Fed stymied rescue efforts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7852945/Ben-Bernanke-needs-...

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Re: Fed watchers say Mr Bernanke and his close allies at ...

Good Article Investorzzo!

Trust me, Bernanke isn't worried about anything.  This is going exactly as they've planned.  

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
LogansRun wrote:

Good Article Investorzzo!

Trust me, Bernanke isn't worried about anything.  This is going exactly as they've planned.  

Yep. Right on the nose. Its the only way to 'pay off' the debt.

Jim H's picture
Jim H

I agree that things must be getting very tense in Washington as the reality of this double dip... I mean the failure to reinflate "growth"... sets in.  Another sign of the internal tensions is Orszag's leaving... which says to me that anyone dissenting against the Keynesian madness is not welcome in the inner circle;

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ft-reveals-orszag-resigns-over-inabilit...

As well all know... if we stick to the Keynesian script.... we hit the wall eventually with max force....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments