Family of Secrets

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Family of Secrets

http://whowhatwhy.com/   Press you won't hear anywhere else. By the author below.

http://www.familyofsecrets.com/

“Shocking in its disclosures, elegantly crafted, and faultlessly measured in its judgments, Family of Secrets is nothing less than a first historic portrait in full of the Bush dynasty and the era it shaped. From revelation to revelation, insight to insight—from the Kennedy assassination to Watergate to the oil and financial intrigues that lie behind today's headlines—this is a sweeping drama of money and power, unseen forces, and the emblematic triumph of a lineage that sowed national tragedy. Russ Baker’s Family of Secrets is sure to take its place as one of the most startling and influential works of American history and journalism.”—Roger Morris, former senior staff member, National Security Council, and author of Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician and Partners in Power: The Clintons and Their America

“Left-wing paranoia? Baker, a solid investigative journalist, works hard to back up his claims – a reader could choke on the complex, interwoven details in Family of Secrets. He's a man on a mission, desperate to stop the “methods of stealth and manipulation that ... reflect a deeper ill: the American public's increasingly tenuous hold upon the levers of its own democracy.”—San Diego Union-Tribune

“Prodigiously industrious investigative journalist Russ Baker…. connects the dots between the Bushes and Watergate.” —Lev Grossman, Time Magazine

Praise for Russ Baker:

“In an era dominated by corporate journalism and an ideological right-wing media, Russ Baker’s work stands out for its fierce independence, fact-based reporting, and concern for what matters most to our democracy…A lot of us look to Russ to tell us what we didn’t know.” —Bill Moyers, author and host, Bill Moyers’ Journal (PBS)

“Russ Baker has the three most important attributes of any great investigative reporter: He is skeptical, he is fearless, and he is indefatigable. Whenever he examines anything—including the most allegedly wellcovered topics—he breaks important new ground.” —David Margolick, author and contributing editor, Vanity Fair

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly
Re: Family of Secrets

Sorry, don't buy it.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

Is Russ Baker the RussB of this site perhaps?

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

And just how is this helping me build community.................

Yawn.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

investorzzo - I heard Russ Baker interviewed on the radio and he comes across as a serious journalist.  I can't comment on the content as I haven't read it yet - but I suggest that anyone who discounts his work simply read about Prescott Bush.

Larry

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

Call it a weakness, but I am more interested in fact-based journalism than this ideological spin-doctoring.  With a quote like this: 

“In an era dominated by corporate journalism and an ideological
right-wing media, Russ Baker’s work stands out for its fierce
independence, fact-based reporting, and concern for what matters most
to our democracy…A lot of us look to Russ to tell us what we didn’t
know.”

You know you are in for some duff gen when you see that kind of endorsment

SteveS's picture
SteveS
Gadfly wrote:

Call it a weakness, but I am more interested in fact-based journalism than this ideological spin-doctoring.  With a quote like this: 

“In an era dominated by corporate journalism and an ideological
right-wing media, Russ Baker’s work stands out for its fierce
independence, fact-based reporting, and concern for what matters most
to our democracy…A lot of us look to Russ to tell us what we didn’t
know.”

You know you are in for some duff gen when you see that kind of endorsment

Uh, the quote specifically mentions "fact-based reporting". Is that different than the "fact-based journalism" you are interested in? You also leave out that the quote is by Bill Moyers, who, though on the liberal side of things, is very well respected and has brought a lot of government chicanery to light. Now I don't know the book or author, so I won't pass judgement on that without learning more.

And how does this pertain to community? Our nation is being ripped up by the excesses of past (and maybe present) administrations. This translates right down to the community level. I think it's important to lay bare the evils of any administration, as long as it's well backed up with facts.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Gadfly - you are judging a book you never read so don't lecture anyone about facts.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments