Fact or Fiction: Steorn Overunity Demonstration?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
m1bxd's picture
m1bxd
Fact or Fiction: Steorn Overunity Demonstration?

Steorn Overunity Demonstration Completed
Today's demonstration summarized the findings of 1) no back EMF, 2) no component degradation (e.g. Gauss diminishing) to produce the effect, and 3) inductance gain (energy being harvested from somewhere).  With this final demonstration, the technology is now being released to developers to prepare the technology for market.
by Sterling D. Allan

Steorn Overunity Demonstration Completed

Today's demonstration summarized the findings of 1) no back EMF, 2) no component degradation (e.g. Gauss diminishing) to produce the effect, and 3) inductance gain (energy being harvested from somewhere). With this final demonstration, the technology is now being released to developers to prepare the technology for market.

http://pesn.com/2010/01/30/9501608_Steorn_overunity_demonstration_comple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzcZDr1AcEU&eurl=http://pesn.com/2010/01/30/9501608_Steorn_overunity_demonstration_completed//&feature=player_embedded

Is this bollocks please, I searched on CM and found nothing on Orbo really being mentioned?

Cheers MX

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: Fact or Fiction: Steorn Overunity Demonstration?

This, from Wikipedia:  

"Steorn Ltd is a small, private technology development company in DublinIreland. It announced in August 2006 it had developed a technology which could produce "free, clean, and constant energy" in violation of the law of conservation of energy,[2] a fundamental principle of physics.[3]  Steorn challenged the scientific community to investigate their claim[4] and, in December 2006, said that it had chosen a jury of scientists to do so.[5] In June 2009 the jury gave its unanimous verdict that Steorn had not demonstrated the production of energy."

All is takes is a 3-second Google search:

"On 4 July 2007, the technology was to be displayed at the Kinetica Museum, Spitalfields MarketLondon. A unit constructed of clear plastic was prepared so that the arrangement of magnets could be seen and to demonstrate that the device operated without external power sources.[24][25] The public demonstration was delayed and then cancelled because of technical difficulties. Steorn initially said that the problems had been caused by excessive heat from the lighting[25][26] but later blamed the failure on damage done to bearings due to agreenhouse effect within the box."

SteveS's picture
SteveS

Fiction.

Think about it - if I could build a 'free energy' machine, I'd make a small one and run my house (or part of it) off one. Word of mouth would get people buying them and before long people are lined up. I've never see one of these 'inventors' pursue this path. They alway have one demo unit that isn't in real service.

Probably will end up like this:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8199-Breakthrough-Energy-Examiner~y20...

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Steorn also had these excuses in the wings:

Suns in my eyes.

Hole in my glove.

Coach doesn't like me.

JC67's picture
JC67

I dont think they are claiming to have a "Free energy" machine. What they do have is an efffect that they have finessed as far as they can take it ( they are an R&D company btw). Its easy to pick holes in this from afar, yes, but anyone who has got up close and personal with this using their own instruments has validated it or gone away sobbing into their oscilliscopes because it offends them. They are allowing people to do this for a MONTH. I stress, they are not a manufacturing or engineering company, they stumbled across this 6 years ago and have been testing it ever since.

The final demo was succesfull yesterday, ie it did what it said it was going to do. Produce, more energy out than in at a 3.1 ratio.

FACT

jpitre's picture
jpitre

The demo seems to be a really bad demonstration and filled with opportunities to hoodwink.

I don't believe it based of the information presented so far. I've seem way too many such cons to fall that easily

Jim

JC67's picture
JC67

What was bad about it? It was absoloutely conscise. Its energy in to energy out, while categorically ruling out any other source.

They are allowing anyone to test this for a whole month, there is total transparency so where is the con?

I'm not being funny here but why are poeple so utterly repulsed about this subject? We are no nearer a cure for cancer but do we villify anyone who claims to have made a breakthrough? No, so why the religious like reaction to this?

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
JC67 wrote:

The final demo was succesfull yesterday, ie it did what it said it was going to do. Produce, more energy out than in at a 3.1 ratio.

FACT

If that's a FACT then we'll all be buying one very soon.  Or is this going to be one of those "the oil companies came in and bought it up and buried it in the backyard" things?

jpitre's picture
jpitre

JC -- after seeing dozens of fake perpetual motion & magical generating systems, I am skeptical to begin with. Then given a complex demonstration set up that was far more complicated than need be to demonstrate excess power somehow generated, leads me to think there is something going on that is fake.

It is easy to look at something like this and conclude that they have nothing to gain if it is not real, so why would they do it at all. I think they have tried so hard for so long that they actually get to the point that they believe in their own hoax -- and from that point carry on kidding everyone who will listen including themselves

Jim

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Of course it's bollocks!  It breaks all the rules of physics...

Mike

SteveS's picture
SteveS
JC67 wrote:

I'm not being funny here but why are poeple so utterly repulsed about this subject?

People are repulsed by it because there have been many such claims over many years for many similar devices that violate accepted physics and none have proven out and a lot of people have lost fortunes being taken in by these schemes. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Again I state, if it worked and it was my idea, I'd be scaling it up as fast as I could and use it to get my house off the grid or power my car or something similar.  It looks so simple, there should be no reason not to scale it up. So why don't these folks ever do this?

Do you belive in it enough to test it yourself or invest in it?

SteveW's picture
SteveW

Why is there any need to scale it up. If the energy output is 3X input then by putting 10 of the units in series you'd get over 59,000X the input. Sufficient for most uses!

Bankers would love it, its almost as good as compound interest on thin air.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments