ETF's for Agriculture

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
joanne's picture
joanne
ETF's for Agriculture

Are there specific ETF's that you can buy and sell argriculture?

For instance, can I buy an ETF specifically for sugar or cotton or corn etc, at the current price , and then later on when I wish to sell it, I can also sell it at the price of that particular date.

I am not interested in futures or options or all these other ''creative'' programs or products. I just would like to buy it at the current price and sell it when it goes up with no expiry date.

I also would like to even buy and sell it perhaps in the same day , if the price has gone up. And then buy it back the next day if the price goes down etc etc.

Is this possible, and also possible to do it on line rather than having to contact a broker each time I am making a transaction?

Tks. I appreciate it!

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson
agriculture etf

RJA, if you like Jim Rogers

robie

darbikrash's picture
darbikrash
ETF's
joanne wrote:

Are there specific ETF's that you can buy and sell argriculture?

For instance, can I buy an ETF specifically for sugar or cotton or corn etc, at the current price , and then later on when I wish to sell it, I can also sell it at the price of that particular date.

I am not interested in futures or options or all these other ''creative'' programs or products. I just would like to buy it at the current price and sell it when it goes up with no expiry date.

I also would like to even buy and sell it perhaps in the same day , if the price has gone up. And then buy it back the next day if the price goes down etc etc.

Is this possible, and also possible to do it on line rather than having to contact a broker each time I am making a transaction?

Tks. I appreciate it!

You can buy commodity ETF’s or ETN’s through any reputable brokerage, like Schwab or E-Trade. Here is a link to the major index players, with some information as to relative performance. Be sure you understand the tax ramifications of purchasing an ETF, these are taxed yearly on any paper profits- whether you sell shares or not. ETN’s have a more favorable tax treatment, but have a very different risk profile. These can be appealing investment vehicles, but make sure you do your homework before you invest.

Seeking Alpha (link)

Here is one of the biggest general basket ETF’s:

DBC (link)

and one specific to agriculture:

DBA (link)

You can get performance history and other details from the last two links. You can buy or sell these on line like any other stock.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments