Energy Politics

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
AJ's picture
AJ
Energy Politics

Please review the following blog: http://zeroenergyconstruction.blogspot.com.  I blog about many things energy and politically related and add updates every day. I'd love some feedback.

AJ's picture
AJ
Re: Energy Politics

check it out!

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: Energy Politics

Hello AJ,

Wow, the blog is impressive and I admire what you are doing.  As you have shown, we have solutions, we just need to implement them in a way that makes sense.  I'm an inventor of ultra high efficiency HVAC products with a lot of mechanical engineering experience so I am especially interested in your blog.

One part of the blog that I disagree with is the "energy politics" that you seem to espouse.  More specifically, it seems that you are a supporter of the "Hopenhagen" (Copenhagen) solution that would add heavy taxes and recriminations to developed nations.  I think this is a terrible idea as the fines and penalties will enrich carbon traders while offering no money to fund the changes that need made.

I also think it is a bad idea to justify the oppressive penalties with "global warming" claims.  I think the jury is out on why and if the planet is warming up or cooling down.  The common concern and motivation should be in reducing our energy usage and developing sustainable alternatives to fossil fuels.

I've suggested alternative approaches in response to another thread - The Climate Bill's effects upon electric rates explained and modeled - you might be interested. 

Please don't take my comments as being negative.  I admire your work and efforts and hope we may find agreeable solutions.

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments