Energy exponentials.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
plato1965's picture
plato1965
Energy exponentials.

Very good article on the Oil Drum, rubbing in the fact that in the long term, exponential energy growth is impossible...

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/8155

Not assumption, not dogma, not belief, not opinion. Stone cold mathematical & physical fact.

I did a quick calculation for population, and can confidently say that not one single creature * in the universe has managed 360 doublings, within the past 15 billion years.

* larger than a proton. quantum-froth overlapping, massless boson creatures.. excluded..   Meh!

Nor can physical wealth grow exponentially except for a short while.. interest rates are an illusion, dance music... until the time to grab a chair and sit.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Now what?
plato1965 wrote:

I did a quick calculation for population, and can confidently say that not one single creature * in the universe has managed 360 doublings, within the past 15 billion years.

* larger than a proton. quantum-froth overlapping, massless boson creatures.. excluded..   Meh!

That's just super plato -

Wave-particle duality and superposition I get, but I didn't do well in non commutative geometry.  Non diagonal matrices ruined me.  So much for a relativistic living in the quantum world....

So......why couldn't work in the empty space outside the foam?  Or is it empty space?  Or is the empty space not even there because it's non-probabilistic?

My head hurts.......I better go out in the sun now where the heat index is 117.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments