Energy for America

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
FriscoMike's picture
FriscoMike
Energy for America

Can anyone shed some light on the propaganda information being communicated in this site?

http://energyforamerica.org/about/ 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
you want light...?

Whoever wrote this has no understanding of the predicament.

America uses way too much energy.  Period.

They're not talking about fixing that, are they....?

Mike

tictac1's picture
tictac1
Hmmm

Whoever wrote this also has ulterior motives.  Do a little googling of the domain, and you'll see what I mean.

DTM is right.  Unless we are prepared to exponentially increase our drilling and nuke plant construction, we cannot exponentially increase our power consumption.

rhare's picture
rhare
Not just the US that uses to much energy.
DamnTheMatrix wrote:

While I don't disagree with you, it's not just America.  Australia doesn't fit too much farther down on this list of per-capita energy consumption. #14 versus the US at #7.  Do you also rag on Canada as much since they use even more per capita than the US?

List of countries by energy consumption

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Not just the US that uses too much energy.
rhare wrote:
DamnTheMatrix wrote:

While I don't disagree with you, it's not just America.  Australia doesn't fit too much farther down on this list of per-capita energy consumption. #14 versus the US at #7.  Do you also rag on Canada as much since they use even more per capita than the US?

List of countries by energy consumption

rhare, I don't disagree with you, but the article was about AMERICAN ENERGY.....

Mike

road2hell's picture
road2hell
Grow Hemp!

Has anyone thought of growing hemp to meet our energy needs?  It would also provide other needs that are produced from petroleum.  Hemp is a miracle cash crop.  You can grow two or three crops within a year.  It provides nutrients for the soil and thus other foods can be grown.  We can make hemp oil, which is very healthy, into a biofuel.  Since hemp is not a food crop it won't affect the prices of food being grown.  But also, really, we must reduce our energy consumption.

dshields's picture
dshields
energy

The energy consumption list was interesting.  As CM pointed out in the Crash Course energy section, our past growth lines up almost perfectly with our past energy consumption.  That is flat lining now.  There will be huge impact to the economy.  It could not happen at a better time.  Right after we export millions of decent paying jobs we hit the wall on energy.  We should build the keystone pipeline.  it would create 72,000 jobs during the years of construction and 25,000 jobs after that for many years.  We need the energy for America.  We are going to have to go on a crash program to build nuc plants.  The democrats are going to get blown out on that issue.  We are going to drill and we are going to pump and mine and build nuc plants or we are going to suffer the consequences.  Right now the people have not really got that figured out yet - many of them do not understand the issues involved and they have been sold the green thing.  They will figure it out.  When reg gas gets to 5 dollars a gallon the entire country will go bonkers.  Any politicians that stand in the way will be simply blown out.  Politicians have starved us for energy for stupid utopia reasons.  These politicians will be ground into worm food by the people when they understand what these politicians have done to us.  Ater that we will start a crash energy program.

Kansaslandscape's picture
Kansaslandscape
DShields, I like the term

DShields, I like the term "Crash Energy Program". I believe you are right on. The energy sector will be a constant employer through all of the turmoil ahead.

Kansaslandscape's picture
Kansaslandscape
DShields, I like the term

DShields, I like the term "Crash Energy Program". I believe you are right on. The energy sector will be a constant employer through all of the turmoil ahead.

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
I don't see it happening,

I don't see it happening, dshields.  You can't "crash build" a nuke power plant- I don't think, I'm not an expert in this field.  What about avialability of Uranium?  What about our newly found "100 year supply" of nat'l gas- that works pretty good for electrical production I think.  Your job numbers for the KXL pipe look highly inflated to me- again, no expert here.  Gas is currently $4.29 for regular here on Kauai- granted, a unique market- but when it went to $4.99 a couple years ago, you know what?, people barely mentioned it after the first week- just kept on paying and driving...I think you are hooked on the growth paradigm, ds, and we all know that can't continue ad infinitem.  Think if we all just adjusted our lives to conserve 20, or even 10, percent of our energy (oil) consumption.  Growth for growth's sake- philosophy of the cancer cell...Aloha, Steve.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments