V's picture
V
Re: End of Liberty - Full Version

Thanks JO

V

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

I'll say, much of the info will make your blood boil.  

But some of the crap that NIA threw into this documentary (or propaganda film) is flat out lies, reaches and stupid!  Seriously!  They try to tell us that their prediction of food shortages came true because of a flood in Pakistan and people are starving to death because of this?  REACH!  

Or

"An NIA member who owns the most popular bakery in the Georgetown district of Washington DC"....huh?  Who says it's the most popular?  

Or

"If you apply for a job with a degree from DeVry University on your application, the potential employer will most likely look at you as stupid for even going to DeVry!"

Or

etc....

There's so much BS in this film, I can't send it to my contacts as they'll never read or watch anything I send again!  I would love to send the first 15 minutes, because that's the most powerful and fact driven content.  The rest is speculation, belief and BS.

I'm greatly disappointed in this film.  It could have been very good......but it's not.

BTW:  Thanks JO for bringing it to the fore!  I was waiting to see this, and it's not your fault it sucks.Tongue out

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

I agree. These folks are not ready for prime time. Misperception, anecdotal reports, inferences from minimal data, some hilarious assertions...I like  ...

1. Move to sunny, cheap Mexico...sure, just take your arsenal and armor-plated Humvee and meet the Zeta.

2. ADHD and bipolar disorder are manufactured illnesses...LOL.

No one in this group appears to be under thirty, not necessarily a bad thing but it tends to skew your world perspective, IMHO.

They also only mention their stock picks that have gone up, some have tanked badly. Jonathan Lebed, part of the group, has a history of stock fraud...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/10/19/60minutes/main242489.shtml

I get their posts but partially for amusement value.

CS

SteveW's picture
SteveW
capesurvivor wrote:

2. ADHD and bipolar disorder are manufactured illnesses...LOL.

I wondered about their "healthy eating disorder" and found orthorexia nervosa.

http://www.suite101.com/content/orthorexia-nervosa-healhty-eating-disorder-a71864

The definition of orthorexia nervosa implies an unusual and obsessive compulsion with consuming healthy foods. Its not eating the healthy foods that's the cause for concern but the obsessive compulsive nature of the condition that inteferes with other facets of normal living. I wonder how many of the outrageous anecdotes also suffer from incomplete reporting and omission.

They have some good points but this is just over the top. Makes me realise even more how correct Dr. M. is by relying upon the facts like Joe Friday; "just the facts Ma'am".

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Those are, indeed,  wacky pseudodiagnoses. The psychiatry folks are considering DSM-V now and I seriously doubt  (hope) that they are not bananas themselves.

I don't know who would sponsor such diagnoses. Psychiatrists employed by Monsanto?

CS

Southerner's picture
Southerner

I was disapointed as well. 

I hope someone will produce a similar video on the dangers to individual liberty  that is fact based.  Objectively listing verifiable facts with sources is one of the better ways to reach those on the fence.  Anyone on the fence with a lick of sense will see through the propaganda and possibly become less inclined to inquire about verifiable facts because of the hype presented in this video.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments