ao's picture
ao
An emerging revolt against banks?

Depositors bring down Dutch bank.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8323991.stm

yoshhash's picture
yoshhash
Re: An emerging revolt against banks?

Wow.  Beautiful example of how ultimately, we the little people hold the power, if we could just stop squabbling amongst each other and focus in a joint effort.  I have marvelled at why this has not been done before, I even began to wonder if there was more to it.  This proves that it can be done.  Not long ago, I think on one of the threads at the Martenson site someone suggested that everyone should AT THE VERY LEAST take money out of the banks that took TARP money.  This is not conspiracy, this is just protecting yourself from incompetence and greed!

WHY WHY WHY is this not being done?  The missing ingredient, now present, is bloggers.  We have it here and now.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

lol...That wouldn't be hard for me. I haven't had a bank account for 5 years. Everytime I go into Bank of America to cash my paycheck they want me to start an account. I always think two things; 1). You have to have money to open a bank account (my check is gone in 24 hrs) and 2). Why would I put my money into a corrupt organization like Bank of America?

If I did open an account it would be with a local credit union and only if a rich uncle died.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Of course you realise, not EVERYONE could withdraw their money, there isn't anywhere near enough to go 'round!

Mike

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Bring it down!

Say. Can we all make a run on JPMorganChase? 

docmims's picture
docmims

Yeah. My bank was Wachovia which was taken over by Wells Fargo.  I have been tempted to move my account to the local credit union next door, but what do I accomplish by doing that?  A credit union is still a bank.  Enlighten me.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
docmims wrote:

Yeah. My bank was Wachovia which was taken over by Wells Fargo.  I have been tempted to move my account to the local credit union next door, but what do I accomplish by doing that?  A credit union is still a bank.  Enlighten me.

Credit unions generally HATE banks. That ought to be a huge clue. 

Bring-it-down's picture
Bring-it-down
We need a truelly practical approach to taking power back off the global financial institutions that are holding not just us but the whole world in bondage. All money deposited into banks by individuals in society is then sent back out through numerous and complex financial investments, both national and foreign. This is the real source of income that the banks generate, far greater than the money returned off morgages and loans. The reason the banks are so generous to give you 0.05 percent interest on the money you deposit is because they are using that currency to generate a far greater percentage for themselves. The only real way to take power off the banks and free ourselves from the slavery they have inflicted upon us is to take that hard earned money that you think is so safe in their hands and put it back in yours. I propose that we need a truelly global responce to the global injustice that has fallen on us. I believe that if we create a world wide movement for all individuals willing to withdraw their money from the banks on the same day while simultaneously creating a cooperative peoples banking institution to replace it and sheild the people from the fallout of a global financial collapse then we can live in a world free from their tyranny. This would need to happen in waves. The first wave would be those who have no debts, no morgage and no ties to the banking system and from this first withdrawl the peoples bank will be created. The second wave which needs to happen soon after the first (due to the heavy fallout form the first wave but again on a single set date) can include people with debts and ties to the financial world as when they withdraw and redeposit there money in the newly created peoples bank there will be enough resources to buy up their original morgages and debts and redistribute them at a fair and just rate. At this point we will have a weapon to take on the true enemies of humanities freedom, a weapon to fight back against the global financial autocracy that sees the richest five percent of the world own eighty percent of the worlds resources. If we strike back with the light and love of unity in our hearts then we could redistribute the worlds resources for the world and not for the few. As individuals we form a collective and as that collective the only way forward, the only way to evolve is for the all and not for the few. To live as man was ment to live, free and independant.
parischic's picture
parischic

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments