Embed code for posts/comments?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
switters's picture
switters
Embed code for posts/comments?

I'm wondering if it's possible to embed images into the comments, so that they appear small and then enlarge when clicked on.  Sometimes I have a large image or chart I want to post, but if I do that it extends past the border of the comment and kind of wreaks havoc on the thread.

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Re: Embed code for posts/comments?
Chris Kresser wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to embed images into the comments, so that they appear small and then enlarge when clicked on.  Sometimes I have a large image or chart I want to post, but if I do that it extends past the border of the comment and kind of wreaks havoc on the thread.

You could try resizing it in another program before posting it.  That might help... say in, paint, for example.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Hi Chris

I've resized images within posts.  When you paste them in, you can click on the image and one of those borders with the corners and middles of the sides marked out appears.  By dragging on the little squares, you can resize it.

If the image goes a little bit over the edges of the comment box it doesn't matter too much...  otherwise use the 'preview comment' function to see how you went

Mike 

admin's picture
admin

Chris,

I'd recommend using the "Dimensions" option when you are adding an image.  If you set one of the dimensions to a new value (say 100) and leave the second dimension blank, the software automatically scales the other dimension to match it.  You can then play around with these numbers until it is of a size you like.

Below is a picture from the NY Times that I just resized and embedded into the post.

Ron

geithner533.jpg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments