Economic recovery?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin
Economic recovery?

Does anyone here want an economic recovery?

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Economic recovery?

That depends?

An economic recovery that keeps things the way they are and have been? No.

I think there is so much corruption in finance, politics, government, business, you name it, that the enertia is so great that it really can't be changed. I'm looking for it to implode or expolde as a way of ending it.

However, what that means is that the upper tier gets what they wanted, a huge wealth/power transfer. So when that happens they are in the perfect position to be at the top of the 'new' system.

I don't know. I don't want to be pessimistic but it seems the very wealthy and powerful win either way and that means corruption wins.

Maybe the only thing that breaks that cycle is extreme violence which in itself a whole other horrible outcome.

txgirl69's picture
txgirl69

I don't want things to continue the way it has been in recent history.

A revolution with a reinstatement of faith and support for the Constitution would be nice.... 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

NO......  I want an economic revolution.  And it's coming.

txgirl69's picture
txgirl69

In response to Damnthematrix: Would it be a shame for me to say it excites me?! Tongue out

I don't understand why, but sometimes it scares the hell out of me and at other times I feel invigorated by all of this - I'm so confused. - Living on the edge of a knife blade......

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated

txgirl69, there is an ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!", that explains how you feel.  Our desire for revenge, restitution, or just revolution are all interesting, but when it comes down to having enough food, shelter and safety to survive I prefer boredom.   I prefer the mock-Latin  'non carborundum illegitemi', roughly translated, 'don't let the bastards grind you down', as a better way to get through all this.  That combined with the scout (Boy Scout, not Christ Martenson) phrase, 'Be Prepared', are our best bets imho,

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Johnny,

If there was a way to recover the economy in a way that benifited everyone, instead of just the empowered elite would you be willing to work towards getting that change?

txgirl69's picture
txgirl69

aggrivated: I concur..... In a situation like this boredom would be a good thing!

When I first saw  the crash course I felt like I'd been hit with a brick. I had to take some time and process the information, do some research to decide what I believed. I came to the conclusion that CM was tracking and I had been living with blinders on....

Then, I experienced a strange depression - I couldn't identify the cause for several months..... Suddenly, I realized I was grieving. Grieving the loss of a way of life I grew up with, grieving the fact that my country was changing, and  the world in general. It was aweful.... I guess I've gotten through most of that, although, I still have rough days (it's hard to believe all of this is happening). Now, I just try to find something exciting in all of this, something to motivate me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and prepare myself mentally and emotionally for this ride. - Other people are going to need us.....

In response to Thomas' question for Johnny, (not that I was asked!) I want to say it would be worth it to try and it would be a great learning experience for our country. Very painful, but profitable. - However, that being said, I studied history in college and I'm sure the US would develop a case of amnesia and forget all about lessons learned...... human nature will prevail.

RNcarl's picture
RNcarl

Yes - In a word.

I want the "recovery". I want (back) what I had in the late '90's. I want my disposable income to be at the same level that it was then. I want the "future" to look bright. I want to NOT be in an un-winnable war. I want America to be respected again.

I want to be worried again about the effect of pollution on our planet. I want recycling to be a good thing again. I want cheap oil and the awakening of living the way our country did then - When, technology could fix any problem.

My brother's best friend came home in a box from Vietnam when I was 11 years old. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I felt a void like I had never felt before like the folks who I trusted to "run the country" had sold us out. It was the first time I had seen someone in a  casket that had not died from old age.

I felt that again when Bush - 2.0 got elected.

I felt that way on 9-11-01.

I felt that way when we invaded Iraq.

I felt that way in 2005 during Katrina and $4/gallon gas. And, now, I feel that way most mornings.

So, I have taken the "other pill" and have plugged back into the Matrix. Why? Because knowing and not being able to "fix it" and feeling again the same pain I felt that day standing aside of that flag draped coffin is unbearable.

So, yeah, I want my life back.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

RNCarl,

First - good to see you post. It's been a while.
Second - thanks for standing up to the notion that "recovery" has to mean something bad.

I agree - I want back prosperity, peace, relatively benign social issues and a society steeped in availability of knowledge, science and technology. The others who've posted the contrarian view are right too, we still need a sound monetary policy.

Ultimately, I hope that we can strike a balance between an economy that isn't enslaving it's political handlers and politics that are shaped by educated people with some sort of moral agreement. Though that might be more like the 1890s...

Cheers,

Aaron 

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Johnny,

If there was a way to recover the economy in a way that benifited everyone, instead of just the empowered elite would you be willing to work towards getting that change?

No I will not buy any Amway products from you! Smile

Well that is a broad stroke. What is your plan?

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

JohnnyOxygen,

I think you can relax, I'm anything but and Amway salesman.

I'll send you a PM with the plan.  If you want to have open discussion about it after that I'm all game but I won't be able to discuss it on this website.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments