The Economic Elite Have Engineered an Extraordinary Coup, Threatening the Very Existence of the Middle Class

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
The Economic Elite Have Engineered an Extraordinary Coup, Threatening the Very Existence of the Middle Class

http://www.alternet.org/economy/145667/

This is part I of a three part series.

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight." -- Michael Lind, To Have and to Have Not

It has now become evident to a critical mass that the Republican and Democratic parties, along with all three branches of our government, have been bought off by a well-organized Economic Elite who are tactically destroying our way of life. The harsh truth is that 99 percent of the U.S. population no longer has political representation. The U.S. economy, government and tax system is now blatantly rigged against us.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: The Economic Elite Have Engineered an Extraordinary ...

JO thanks for the interesting post, I look forward to parts 2 and 3.  We are close to the end stage in a very old and very cruel plot to eliminate nation states, private property, freedom and to reduce the population.  Our minds, bodies and spirit have been poisoned as part of this plan and we can expect this phase to be ramped up in the coming months and year.

"Unless we all unite and organize on common ground, our very way of life and the ideals that our country was founded upon will continue to unravel."  - complete article link

I guess we will have to wait for part 3 to see what solutions and common denominators they may offer to unite and organize the people.  I'm not sure what they will suggest but I have an opinion as to our best way out, and it's simple.

We need to take back the control and issuance of our own money as a sovereign power.  When you think about it, it really is absurd that we have given this supreme power to an international banking cartel.  We are literally borrowing our own money from banks that do not have any other than we allow them to create for free.

In the 1800's, a move towards monetary freedom took root in the U.S.  Jackson threw out the Rothschild's Bank of England, Lincoln gave us greenbacks and political parties were formed later in that century that were based on the premise that we issue our own money. The greenback party was probably the most memorable.

A new greenback party, or one based on economic freedom, is needed to break free.  The republican and democratic parties are fake, they are theaters to stage the Hegelian dialect.  

If a party builds its basic tenants on the financial independence of the United States, it will offer the people what has been denied for the past 100 years.  Yes, there are some decent republicans and democrats but none of them are providing real economic answers, not even Ron Paul.  Some of these people are dead ends that are operating as "controlled" opposition.

Larry

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Thanks Larry.

It is an interesting and sobering read.

Parts II and III should already be available.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Johnny Oxygen wrote:

Parts II and III should already be available.

JO -

Maybe it's me, but using the link from your OP, II and III aren't ready yet.

Very interesting read - many thanks for providing.

Am I the only one who thinks that this ends one of two ways?

1.  When enough of us decide that it's over?

2.  It collapses under the weight and unsustainability of its own greed?  (That scope IMO, is becoming more evident each and every day to more and more - like 93% of Icelandic voters.)

Real green shoots.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Dogs wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that this ends one of two ways?

1.  When enough of us decide that it's over?

2.  It collapses under the weight and unsustainability of its own greed?  (That scope IMO, is becoming more evident each and every day to more and more - like 93% of Icelandic voters.)

Hello Dogs, you wrote "that this ends one or two ways."  I don't mean to nit pick, but I don't see an ending.  We are moving towards a future that has been carefully planned.  If there is a collapse, it will not be a day of reckoning, it will be a gradual continuum into the next phase.

You wrote that it could end "When enough of us decide that it's over."  No doubt many will move that way in the future as we will begin to see civil disobedience, riots and angry mobs.  The problem with that outcome is that unless the people know what they are fighting for it won't matter.  There has to be clearly defined and achievable goals.

That's why I suggest that fighting for financial freedom from the banking cartel is the glue that could unite us.  If people don't figure out that our monetary system is a tool slavery, designed to destroy and impoverish us, then we can fight and revolt all we want, it won't really matter.

This is an old battle, the people against the banks.  For example, on February 9, 1790, Georgia Congressman James Jackson explained the exponential growth of debt that a private banking system, in lieu of issuing our own money would mean in a congressional speech:

"Gentlemen may come forward, perhaps and tell me, that funding the public debt will increase the circulating medium of the country, by means of its transferable quality: but this is denied by the best informed men. The funding of the debt will occasion enormous taxes for the payment of interest. These taxes will bear heavily, both on agriculture and commerce. It will be charging the active and industrious citizen...to pay the indolent and idle creditor. In the proportion that it benefits the one, it will depress the other....

I contend that a funding system in this country will be highly dangerous to the welfare of the Republic; it may, for a moment, raise our credit, and increase our circulation by multiplying a new species of currency; but it must hereafter settle upon our posterity a burden which they can neither bear nor relieve themselves from. It will establish a precedent in America that may, and in all probability will, be pursued by the sovereign authority, until it brings upon us that ruin which it has never failed to bring. Let us take warning by the errors of Europe, and guard against the introduction of a system followed by calamities so general. Though our present debt be but a few million, in the course of a single century it may be multiplied to an extent we dare not think of (Annals of congress, Vol. I, February 1790:1141 -1142)."

Rep. Jackson understood the mechanics of the debt-money system. He knew that allowing the banks to create money as debt and lend this money to the government at interest would eventually lead to ruinous debt and our loss of sovereignty.  Today, none of our politicians and very few economists will dare speak this truth.  But yet, we here at CM understand what he is saying is correct.  How can this be?

Here is a post I made earlier that may help explain what we are facing..."Secret" Knowledge of the Ages Revealed.  That may sound like hyperbole but it is indeed the most important hidden truth that most of us have been denied.

Anyways, I hope you become a monetary reformer, we really need you.

Larry

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

This is Part II

The Richest 1% Have Captured America's Wealth -- What's It Going to Take to Get It Back?

http://www.alternet.org/story/145705

This is Part III

The Business Roundtable: The Most Powerful Corporate Business Club Most Americans Have Never Heard of

http://www.alternet.org/economy/145996/the_business_roundtable%3A_the_most_powerful_corporate_business_club_most_americans_have_never_heard_of

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Pretty much all the info in this series was collected in the "Wealth Gap" link; nonetheless, good synopsis of what's really happening in plain sight of everyone.

It really all comes down to a culture of greed and narcissism. Real communities, which have strong bonds and rely on each other, are a thing of the past; American society has been atomized, individuals "reduced to a digit on a banking computer screen."

The future looks so dark, I need flood lights.Sealed

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments