Eating too many red pills can be bad for your health

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Eating too many red pills can be bad for your health

The target audience for this post is for people that are addicted to the red pills, i.e., spending 3+ hours a day on the "red pill" blogs.

I dont know if anyone noticed but on Fridays lately ive been posting things like "thank god its friday we have 2 days of no market movements".

The last 2 weeks ive been stricken with these bizarre dizzy spells. Its very odd, i lose my balance and just feel like crap. The other night i had  argument with a friend who is going through a nasty breakup (she just let off some badly needed steam) and my heart started beating in a manner that it never has before. I felt weak, my legs were cut. Drained. Ive been to the doctor and took blood tests, cholestorol is good, 150 LDL, 50 HDL. Sugar at 88. I weigh 170 pounds at 5'9''. Plenty of muscle, a tiny gut. So whats wrong with me? STRESSSSSS!!!!!

By and large I dont feel that i have much stress in my daily life. I live at home, peaceful parents, just got a job as a attorney in LA. Nice wifie, making some federal reserve notes, so life is pretty good. Personally, i think its the NON STOP reading of the "doomer blogs" that has completely wrecked my body. Checking currency markets at night while having coffee with friends. Checking overseas markets, the comments on CM, ZH. Reading article after article of how we are all doomed. Watching youtube clips of super uber bears preaching their vision of a dark future.

Ive noticed during times of increased market stress that we all, more or less, become quite manic. Watching every tick, every resistance level. Charting, forecasting, predicting, pondering, thinking, stressing, STRESSING STRESSING!

The internet is a great vehicle of information. At the same time, however, it is too much info that is too easily accessible. When else in human history have humans had such great access to instant information?? Surely during world war II in Europe when the war was raging that many towns and cities were spared devastation. And what were the civilians in those towns doing? Maybe they listened to radio feeds at night after work. But while they were making shoes, fishing, farming, whatever they did, they werent are on their blackberries checking the latest bombings, attacks and casualty reports by the hour. They were not consistently stressing themselves out with negative information.

I know we live in a strange world. The MSM claims that everything is fine and dandy while the blogosphere pushes doom every minute every hour. Sometimes we have to avert our eyes from the perpetual bad news. By and large most of us here know the same facts. We know that peak oil is a problem. We know that the national debt and ever growing deficits are a problem. By the time we have convinced ourselves that the future will be different from the past what is the point of continuously combing the net? What good is it really doing for us?

Im not here to make some arbitrary rule. Personally, im going to limit the amount of "red pills" i take during the week from here on out. Im tired of hanging out with friends, and not being able to enjoy myself because ive battered myself with so much negatively geared info. I can see why chris M took some time off recently. Remember people, he has been living with this anxiety for a lot longer than we have.

States are going to go broke, pensions are not going to pay out what they thought they would Older people are screwed alongside the young. The next 20 years are going to SUCK. Nevertheless, at least we can make the BEST of those 20 years, day by day.

I feel that ive become a "mature" member of this community with regards to how much I know about the current situation. Therefore, more periodic visits are neccesary as opposed to daily searches. This is why Chris posts as often as he does, and good for him. Otherwise, he'd be dead of a stroke! I dont know how the ZH staff sleep at night, they NEVER stop. Newcomers and people who have just recently taken the red pill will spend hours a day learning , and they should But after a year, 18 months, whatever, there comes a time where it needs to be moderated.

The next 20 yrs are a marathon. Not a race.

Thats all

ashvinp's picture
ashvinp
Re: Eating too many red pills can be bad for your health

BMT,

I think a lot of people feel this way. I've only been heavily on the red pill diet for a little over 8 months, and I already feel stressed to the point that it is affecting me physically, emotionally and every other which way. Maybe this is because it has been combined with the polar opposite stress of trying to be "successful" in law school - reading, writing, studying, applying for jobs etc... but towards the end of last semester I started caring a WHOLE LOT LESS about that. It doesn't help that things have been getting much crazier much quicker in the last six months...

I've decided this Summer I am going to look into transcendental meditation or other forms of meditation that will help me clear my mind and settle down a bit. I figure this way I can continue consuming the red pills and staying sharp, while mitigating the damage to my physical and emotion well-being. Another option is your suggestion of limiting the red pill intake, but I just can't bring myself to do that at such a critical juncture in time.

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Been taking red pills since the Fannie/Freddie takeover. Almost 2yrs of near daily red pilling.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

I see your point. I'll try to limit my intake to one megadose red pill per week.

But you have to learn to compartmentalize the ugly reality from your daily personal life which is most probably intertwined with what Joe Bageant calls the "American Hologram Theater" and the "corporate generated reality."

If you don't take enough red pills, you lose touch with what is real. It's a constant battle.

Compartmentalize from the parallel universe of MSN and mainstream media.

bluestone's picture
bluestone
survival podcast

I'd like to suggest listening to the Jack Spirko's Survival Podcast

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/

I listen to this guy several days a week.  He's a pretty upbeat fellow who has a pretty broad knowledge base.  The main focus of his podcast is taking action step by step.  He'll discuss a broad variety of topics, such as permaculture, seed saving, guns and ammo, managing debt etc.  As he states, he focuses on the "tactical and practical" and encourages you to become prepared a little more each day

Somehow, this podcast helps me stay on task and keep on popping those red pills but at the same time feel empowered and positive.

I think CM is pretty positive too but if I spend too much time following Mike Ruppert, Matt Savinar or James Kunstler, I do get pretty depressed.

Brian

MarkM's picture
MarkM
xraymike79 wrote:

I see your point. I'll try to limit my intake to one megadose red pill per week.

But you have to learn to compartmentalize the ugly reality from your daily personal life which is most probably intertwined with what Joe Bageant calls the "American Hologram Theater" and the "corporate generated reality."

If you don't take enough red pills, you lose touch with what is real. It's a constant battle.

Compartmentalize from the parallel universe of MSN and mainstream media.

I agree, Mike, and thanks for introduction to Bageant in another thread - good stuff.

I enjoy a couple of diversions in my life that completely engross me when I participate in them.  However, when I am back from a weekend of these diversions and I get back to the red pill I realize how easy it would be get sucked back into that surreal existence that most Americans thrive on.  For me, creating a more resilient lifestyle is calming and helps mitigate the stress of the red pill.  I really would never want to go back to my former self, even though I have been more "red pillified" than most for my entire adulthood.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
bearmarkettrader wrote:

<snip>

They were not consistently stressing themselves out with negative information......

I know we live in a strange world. The MSM claims that everything is fine and dandy while the blogosphere pushes doom every minute every hour. Sometimes we have to avert our eyes from the perpetual bad news. By and large most of us here know the same facts. We know that peak oil is a problem. We know that the national debt and ever growing deficits are a problem. By the time we have convinced ourselves that the future will be different from the past what is the point of continuously combing the net? What good is it really doing for us?

Im not here to make some arbitrary rule. Personally, im going to limit the amount of "red pills" i take during the week from here on out. Im tired of hanging out with friends, and not being able to enjoy myself because ive battered myself with so much negatively geared info. I can see why chris M took some time off recently. Remember people, he has been living with this anxiety for a lot longer than we have.

States are going to go broke, pensions are not going to pay out what they thought they would Older people are screwed alongside the young. The next 20 years are going to SUCK. Nevertheless, at least we can make the BEST of those 20 years, day by day.

I feel that ive become a "mature" member of this community with regards to how much I know about the current situation. Therefore, more periodic visits are neccesary as opposed to daily searches. This is why Chris posts as often as he does, and good for him. Otherwise, he'd be dead of a stroke! I dont know how the ZH staff sleep at night, they NEVER stop. Newcomers and people who have just recently taken the red pill will spend hours a day learning , and they should But after a year, 18 months, whatever, there comes a time where it needs to be moderated.

The next 20 yrs are a marathon. Not a race.

Thats all

BMT -

Great topic and great discussion. 

Have you considered that you might still be stuck in the bargaining phase?  It's one thing to say what you think is going to happen, but it is entirely different to truly believe it.

And by "it" I mean whatever it is you think is going to happen and can formulate concrete and actionable preparation plans for.  I think it's pretty easy to OD on all the stuff that's out there - and you only have to hear the same thing a couple of times before it gets wearisome - IF you aren't doing something about it. 

Not to trivialize what you are going through, but it sounds like you should just decide for yourself what is going to happen and then plan for it.  Consider that even if you had unlimited resources you will always be able to come up with one more thing you "need" to do to get ready.  So why beat yourself up trying to come up with the 100% solution when something less than that will probably work out fine.

Watever is going to happen is going to happen, and you are either going to be ready for it or not.

And in the immortal words of Publilius Syrus "Tis foolish to fear what cannot be avoided."

Like you said, it's a 20 year marathon - and you finish by taking one step at a time.

Keep plugging away.

Tycer's picture
Tycer

No worries here. I just take bottle after bottle of the blue pills and sing my mantra...."This life is but a pinprick on the timeline of my soul"....Wells Fargo is up 4.89%???....blue pills....mantra....

I planted 20 food trees this week and six won't produce food for a decade. I'm tiling a cool huge shoer for me and Nance. I'm rewriting bylaws for a company for the next century. I need to learn to play the fiddle....

SoonerMax's picture
SoonerMax
Re: survival podcast

Bluestone,

+1 on TheSurvivalPodcast!

He may be on the website, he has referred to the CC and Chris several times in the last couple of months.  He said he wanted to interview Chris for it the other day!

Thanks,

Andy

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Dogs said

Have you considered that you might still be stuck in the bargaining phase?  It's one thing to say what you think is going to happen, but it is entirely different to truly believe it.

And by "it" I mean whatever it is you think is going to happen and can formulate concrete and actionable preparation plans for.  I think it's pretty easy to OD on all the stuff that's out there - and you only have to hear the same thing a couple of times before it gets wearisome - IF you aren't doing something about it. 

I truly believe that the next 20 years are going to be really painful. Ive believed this for the past 2 years. At the age of 27, not making much money, it is very difficult to prepare properly. Nevertheless, i still strive as hard as i can to be as prepared as humanly possible.

Here is a analogy for red pill overkill.

Lets assume there is a plague going around. The majority of the populace doesnt know it yet but a few do. Some people start falling over and dying on the streets. Their bodies decompose and turn all kinds of different colors and melt. Basically just straight up nasty. The question is: is it neccesary for those who know of the plague to sit there and STARE at the bodies, take photos, view them with a microscope, over and over, every time someone flops over and dies? Its one thing to study the plague, learn from it, and try to avoid it taking you down at all costs. Its another to be manic about it, become obsessive. At some point it does more damage then good. Proper balance is the key.

Thats the best analogy i can think of off the top of my head. Im writing about this topic because ive noticed that ive gotten worn down. Surely others must be feeling the same way. With that in mind, observe this beautful photo from Greece:

My house in Greece is 30 mins from here. Porto Katsiki beach, amazing...

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

BMT - you need to care of your health of course, but also be careful.  I think DIAP makes an excellent point about the possibility of slipping back into a very blue area of denial.

It sounds good to get away, but if you truly believe it's all over you CAN'T get away.

We take alot of weekends up-north and when I'm without Fox News, cell phones and my laptop - I feel anxious.  I find myself trying to talk to strangers about the economy or food/fuel shortages.  I feel sorry for the people I'm around who are just trying to have a nice weekend away skiing or four-wheeling and they've got this crazy lady telling them that the markets crashing and they need to buy canned food. 

My husbands better at living in both worlds...he reads NO blogs or doomer websites.  He usually asks me every day if anything is happening in the markets or on the news.  And yet he is an excellent prepper, very task oriented.  It's like once he learned the truth, he does not need to hear anything more.  He can shut it off, the fear. 

If you are playing with money in the markets thats probably where your anxiety comes from.

Anyway good luck with leaving it behind for a bit, let us know if it works.

tom.'s picture
tom.

V's picture
V

I have no idea about red pills but there is a huge yellow spill dripping off my chair onto the floor and Tom you are responsible.

This could be your masterpiece.

V

ps, The trick is to be in the world but not of it

bluestone's picture
bluestone

Andy

I've been thinking of suggesting to Steve Patterson to interview Jack Spirko (just haven't gotten around to it).  If you don't know, Steve Patterson does the Two Beers with Steve podcast (which really is a spin off of Chris Martenson.com).   Surprisingly to me, there doesn't appear to be much crossover membership between the SurvivalPodcast and PeakProsperity.com.  I think the two sites compliment each other nicely.

Brian

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Not to trivialize what you are going through, but it sounds like you should just decide for yourself what is going to happen and then plan for it.  Consider that even if you had unlimited resources you will always be able to come up with one more thing you "need" to do to get ready.  So why beat yourself up trying to come up with the 100% solution when something less than that will probably work out fine.

Watever is going to happen is going to happen, and you are either going to be ready for it or not.

And in the immortal words of Publilius Syrus "Tis foolish to fear what cannot be avoided."

Like you said, it's a 20 year marathon - and you finish by taking one step at a time.

Keep plugging away.

Concur!  

Action is the key.  Figure out what your goals are, then figure out what you can do in the next day/week/month.  Keep pushing toward the next achievable step, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.  It all adds up before long, and nothing makes my pulse/stress level go low down and chill like thoughtfully working on some sort of prep -- whether it's getting PMs in line, or gardening, storing food, or planning the Great Chicken Boost of 2011, or figuring out how to lever my cost of living down another 10%.

When I'm busy scanning Craig's List for canning supplies (or whatever), I am most definitely not worrying about where the Euro is, or what the Hang Seng is doing, or what multiple the Gulf Disaster currently is as compared to the Valdez.

My other big move in the last 3 months has been to "narrowcast" the sources from which I draw info.  6 months ago, I was reading every blog, and listening to every podcast, and running hither and yon lest I neglect to integrate one iota of 'relevant' information.  I've pared my sources waaaay back (sounds like you have too) and -- apart from deciding to spend a month marinating in CNBC & Bloomberg radio via Sirius satellite (for the first time -- just to figure out what the MS biz press are on about) -- I'm much more discerning these days about what I put in my brain.

To my great relief my "CNBC month" ends this weekend.  After that, I'll spend my commute plumbing the depths of the Van Morrison catalog.  Or "Trombone Shorty" -- from NOLA, which at this point (if BP doesn't get it together), may altogether cease to exist as we understand it.

Prep! -- Sager

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Tom,

Great visual, except for one thing. He should be carrying a bag of "BLUE" pills, not red. The red pills should be shoved up somewhere else on him.

SteveW's picture
SteveW

BMT,

Glad to hear you managed to get a job.

A very simple relaxation technique is to just go into a quiet room and focus on your breathing. Breathe in deeply, hold it and let it go. Notice how your body feels. Do it again. Twenty or 30 minutes should really get you relaxed.

I also find listening to music very relaxing, but of course it has to be the right kind of music. Some people like to focus on classical while others like romatic melodies in the style of Tchaikovsky and the early 20th century popular composers. I can't imagine heavy metal or rap being good for relaxation therapy.

For a young guy like you vigorous exercise is also good for stress relief, running, racket sports etc.

Finally when I'm worrying a little over the market falling I can often go outside and the sun is still shining and the birds are still singing and for now everything is still OK.

tx_floods's picture
tx_floods
bluestone wrote:

Andy

I've been thinking of suggesting to Steve Patterson to interview Jack Spirko (just haven't gotten around to it).  If you don't know, Steve Patterson does the Two Beers with Steve podcast (which really is a spin off of Chris Martenson.com).   Surprisingly to me, there doesn't appear to be much crossover membership between the SurvivalPodcast and PeakProsperity.com.  I think the two sites compliment each other nicely.

Brian

Brian - I agree. I'm a big fan of TSP, and think they do fit really well together. I like TSP, because he focuses on DOING stuff ~ Actively prepping for our future, taking daily steps to be more prepared. 

Steve - If you happen across this thread, please give Jack a listen. I think he'd be a great interview for you. 

mooselick7's picture
mooselick7

Bear, I know we had some recent differences (all my jumpin the gun) but I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I too spend an inordinate amount of time checking into the blogs...  CM, Ruppert, Gordon Long, businessinsider and others. I forget which PO website it is but it breaks down all the blogs into defcon 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...   And that is pretty much how I look at them.  Ruppert's view of reality is extremely paranoid but you can get even more radical with David Icke and outlivesheep among others. Who knows what is going to happen anyway?  Ruppert claims to be right 80% of the time - well, isnt the true, love and beauty in life in that other 20% anyway?  I am motivated by:

1.  the thought of Chris' Fenway park analogy.  Is the water filling the batterbox or is it two rows below me?

2.  by my life savings all gathered up in a private stock that matures at the end of this year.  Should I cut-and-run or stay? Not an easy decision. 

3.   There is also a morbid curiosity, a desire to tell all that I care about to prepare and a intense drive to be right.   To say, "I told you so."  All my peers and extended family members think I am a complete loon for believing what I do.  Basically, I'm just a source of entertainment.   You mean the Federal Reserve Bank is a private entity that prints money charges us interest and exists on debt?  You mean that 911 was an inside job?  You mean I may need to take a wheelbarrow of money to the store to buy a loaf of bread?   Isnt that book called "This Time is Different" about why this time is different?  The reactions to these questions range from complete hilarity to rage to deer in the headlights to "I just want to enjoy the moment and not worry".

Here is where I get to with this.

1.  There is only one red pill and when you take it there is no going back.  Once convinced there is an illusion and you have glimpsed beyond it,  it doesnt matter how much you try to resist the pain or long for those lost pleasures with the 5D's (distraction, drugs, denial, divorce or depression) you are going to suffer.  Rather than diving into the 5D's, accept the pain and go on.  Breathe, relax, enjoy the beauty of the world in every moment.  Enjoy the simple things in life - a sunset, a childs laugh, the endorphins from a good workout, the good feeling of a job well done.   As I remind my wife:  Prepare for the worst.   Hope for the best.   Enjoy every single moment like it is your last. 

2.  The more money that is printed the less it is worth and the more other things are worth.  Like community ties, skills, a garden, an slow painful hour talking with an 80 yr old lady that has lived in your small town before roads and powerlines.....

3.  I am not going to be totally right nor do I need to be.  If I am 50% wrong, yet still acted on the other 50%,  Im still further ahead than the rest of the sheep herd.   I am not going to be able to save everyone.   People are going to take their risks, are going to believe their version of the Matrix and going to go their own way.

4. The curiosity is healthy.  I feel fortunate to be amongst a group of like-minded folks.  I personally dont know a currency swap from a credit defalt swap from a swap meet, I dont need to.  A bunch of folks know that stuff and naturally share it.  I know the energy side.  I know printing a diaper load of fiat money aint good.   I dont need to be right.  I just need to be happy.  I just need to know that those headlights are going to run me over if I dont get out of the way. 

I take the Matrix analogy even further. ( Ive watched the trilogy more times than I care to count.)  Agent Smith is out there.  He could be you.  He could be the chick in the red dress.  So, be aware, be wary of the glitches in the programming, hone your fighting skills, believe you can stop bullets and know where the nearest upload point is. 

So, put on your cool clothes (residual self image) when you are in the green Matrix.  When you are out of the Matrix in the cold blue world, live simple and live large.   And, get ready for the time when you and Agent Smith need to reboot the world....

extant09's picture
extant09

Hi BMT.  I'm kinda new here, but not to the red pills.

You could call me a reformed red pill junky.  Been on and off for the last 4 years.  LATOC used to be my fix, but I find a lot more useful info, support and far less intensity here at CM.

I agree entirely with many of the above posts:  Action towards some (any) sort of goal that you see as heading in the right direction is the key.  Keep your mind and your hands busy and occasionally remind yourself of why.

Paul

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

BMT, I do know what you mean. 

Sometimes I think it would be better just to accept the potential worst case, and prepare for it, and get on with life.  Then. maybe we could just get on with gardening, prepping,  becoming more resilient and so on...And as you say, how much do we really need to read to just go ahead, accept, and prep, and then "unplug" from it most of the time?  I know, I would still want to be in touch with the blogs enough to have a sense of where things are at.  But our time on this earth, with the peoeple we care about, is the most precious -and perishable- asset that we have.  Even perfect prepping won't "save" the time we're spending worrying and reading now, vs living our lives. 

So yes, II also wrestle with whether the balance needs to be different; to strive to be informed, but just "informed enough", not obsessed.  And to make my life in the real world.the place where my focus and experience is centered.

Boy, reading the blogs is like eating potato chips, though; iit seems impossible to eat just one!

piquod12's picture
piquod12

Hi BMT

Engineers talk about stress-strain relationships where stress is the applied force and strain is the observed deformation. I think (I'm no expert) that psychologists have an analogy that describes how we deal with stress and that different people have different stress responses than others, e.g. to life events, information etc. So some people will become highly stressed by e.g. financial loss whilst others will cope far better.

We can't do much about world events but it is possible to learn to become less personally stressed by them. I don't mean by denying their existence but by using techniques to deal with them. If your health is suffering because you have a high stress response then relaxation therapy, less coffee and reducing exposure to the markets might help?

Couple of quotes come to mind;

God, grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

Whistler: Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

From btvs.

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

I use my red pills to bring me back to reality.

It is so easy to go on living every day in the world ticking by, with food at the supermarket, and petrol at the station, and people going by their daily lives, that it is easy for a small piece of me to start to believe that it all must be ok.   Surely with so many people being calm that all is OK, that it must be the truth ?    That is when I have another red pill.  

John99's picture
John99

BMT here's a guaranteed cure for the Red Pill blues.......

1. Place left hand on hard surface, fingers spread evenly apart.
2. Pick up hammer with free hand
3. Smash hammer onto thumb of first hand (see #1 above)

You will find that all thoughts of depression and red pill concerns disappear instantly.

Repeat steps 1 to 3 as needed and can substitute fingers for thumb in step 3 for more fun and excitement.

jneo's picture
jneo

Remember all these pieces of this game we are playing eventually it all goes back in the BOX.  

Watch this clip it will help you, I hope it will.  

The Great Bill Hicks has one too.    

Just remember all this economic crap is all fake and a false illusion.  Just enjoy the Ride

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Celebrate!

My oh my.... What a topic you've created, BMT.

I totally "get it" and concur about the stress of "knowing".

My solution is to CELEBRATE! The world still works. The fiat money ponzi is still going strong. You can still enjoy restaurants and all the finer luxuries of life. This is a time to celebrate what we have NOW. Most of us who have studied the data have concluded that we won't have as much in the future. That's not a good reason to get down over what's coming. It's a good reason to CELEBRATE WHAT YOU HAVE NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

I just came back from a wonderful dinner with a beautiful lady. Life is awesome, so celebrate it! Be happy, be merry, and be joyous. There will be plenty of time later when we may not have the luxury of living it up, so I say be happy now while it's still in vogue!

Erik

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Hey ho!  It's actually Chris here.  I had to bug out to a town 20 miles away because my town is without power until the middle of next week and my super-duper back-up using my cell phone to access the internet stopped working when, I assume, the cell tower's batteries stopped working at 1:30 pm yesterday...so no phone service of any kind, no internet, no electricity.

And you know what?  Besides the impact on my presence here, we are dealing just fine.  We have everything in place from all of our preparations and everything is cool.

The relationship to this thread is that for me stress is the gap between what I know and what I do.  If you find yourself constantly stressed, that is very likely your somatic (body) response to the situation in which you find yourself. For me, there's nothing quite like actually doing things to reduce that form of stress.

So I highly recommend not drugging, dismissing, or ignoring that stress because it probably represents good information that your body is trying to communicate to you by other means than conscious thought.

At the same time, I have found that certain websites are really not helpful to my mission either because they do not add to what I already know, or because the information they peddle is inherently non-actionable.  So I have dropped a number of sites from my former retinue of daily web touring because they just weren't very helpful to me.

We've been working very hard recently (behind the scenes) to determine how we can make this site much better at what it does.  I find several lines of thinking in this thread that support our conclusions and ideas.  Basically, if a site cannot help people process or prepare emotionally, physically, financially or in their relationships then it's probably not helpful and may well be either doomer-porn on one side of the fence and mindless cheerleading on the other.

V's picture
V

"Basically, if a site cannot help people process or prepare emotionally, physically, financially or in their relationships then it's probably not helpful and may well be either doomer-porn on one side of the fence and mindless cheerleading on the other."

Interesting. 

One problem with preparing emotionally is having a viable spiritual life. It is most unfortunate that it is one the one topic that is most important which cannot be discussed here. It is difficult for people to separate spirituality from religion. This has led to this topic being out of bounds here. It is also quite apparent that many people are incapable of religious tolerance. This goes to the heart of our inability to actually come to grips with our current predicament.

There will be no solutions without taking the spiritual dimension into consideration. There is no political or financial solution to the human condition, as ultimately the basic questions to answer are from whence and wither. Once those questions have been dealt with you will have a rudder to steer the boat.

This site obviously will not go there so this site will not be able to address all of the issues.

V

joemanc's picture
joemanc
V wrote:

"Basically, if a site cannot help people process or prepare emotionally, physically, financially or in their relationships then it's probably not helpful and may well be either doomer-porn on one side of the fence and mindless cheerleading on the other."

Interesting. 

One problem with preparing emotionally is having a viable spiritual life. It is most unfortunate that it is one the one topic that is most important which cannot be discussed here. It is difficult for people to separate spirituality from religion. This has led to this topic being out of bounds here. It is also quite apparent that many people are incapable of religious tolerance. This goes to the heart of our inability to actually come to grips with our current predicament.

There will be no solutions without taking the spiritual dimension into consideration. There is no political or financial solution to the human condition, as ultimately the basic questions to answer are from whence and wither. Once those questions have been dealt with you will have a rudder to steer the boat.

This site obviously will not go there so this site will not be able to address all of the issues.

V

Dave - Are there no threads, no posts, or CM.com member that you won't poke at with your contrarian stance? Are you really that unhappy in life or are you just a professional troll?  Cheer up. Seriously.

V's picture
V

Joe

Glad to see you could take a break from the casino to take a poke. As far as being a contrarian I see nothing in being a sheeple to recommend it, so I will continue on my present course.

Explaining things to you would take too much of my time, plus seriously, you bring me down.

V

JAG's picture
JAG
V wrote:

One problem with preparing emotionally is having a viable spiritual life. It is most unfortunate that it is one the one topic that is most important which cannot be discussed here.

V,

If we could discuss religion or spirituality, what do you think anyone could say that would have any value to this community? Are you going to convert me to your religion/spiritual belief with your anonymous words? Could I enlighten you? Or would the ensuing conversation (or rather, argument) just drive everybody away and benefit no one?

See the problem?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments