DVD in PAL Format wanted!!!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrobinson's picture
mrobinson
DVD in PAL Format wanted!!!

Does anyone in Sydney Australia have a copy of the Crash Course on DVD PAL format ?

To download 3.5GB takes too long and the local broadband is too slow, less than 1% in an hour.

Would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike

jkibbe's picture
jkibbe
Status: Martenson Brigade - YouTube Channel Admin (Offline)
Re: DVD in PAL Format wanted!!!

If no one else contacts you, I can download it and mail it to you...

Jason

maveri's picture
maveri

e-mail me your address and I'll send you a copy on DVD and/or deliver it to you depending on where you live/work etc

EDIT:

I am currently seeding the file to using Bittorent. I had trouble with my system over the past two weeks so I had the upload suspended but I have resumed it now, so if you download using the torrent, you should get a reasonable speed (relavtive to Australia's crippled useless broadband that is!).

mrobinson's picture
mrobinson

Thanks for the offer JKibbe and maveri

But i've just ordered Version 3 DVD.

Doesn't say if in PAL format, but i assume with the revised drop down bar at the checkout stage now including other countries outside the US it must be....!!

Mike

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Sorry mrobinson!

Not in PAL, yet, but I am going to get that done.  The technical nightmares have been substantial there.  I will spare you the details.

I will note that almost all new DVD players, plus all computers can play the DVD as configured in NTSC.  So if either of these applies to you, then we're good!

If not, and I can fully understand why that might be, then please let me know and we'll will work something out with you.

Perhaps we can ship you a PAL version when ready and you use the one you just ordered for skeet practice, or give it to charity or something.

Sorry for any confusion!

Best,
Chris

mrobinson's picture
mrobinson
cmartenson wrote:

I will note that almost all new DVD players, plus all computers can play the DVD as configured in NTSC.  So if either of these applies to you, then we're good!

Thanks Chris

I thought bugger it and placed the order. I could always buyer a new player to suit the DVD.

Hey i know, why not use the equity in my home to buy that new player and plasma while i'm at it.!!! (tongue in check). 

While i have the chance can i add - Not having a financial or economical background, I thought The Crash Course was a brilliant presentation which gave me the ability too understand the basics and connect other research that i had previously read, but didn't quite understand. It has literally opened a whole new world where i find the current economical circumstances absorbing. 

The CC also applies to Australia, although we like to think we are seperated from the bad news. Australia's private debt to GDP is not far behind the US and with our major trading partners Japan and China hitting the wall, it's only a matter of time before Australia starts to feel the 'pinch' that we see in our news coverage, so no excuses Australia for not being prepared. So far we've been riding on the backs of now expiring orders for commodity goods from China and Japan. The credit/debt contraction is global.

I repeat your words in the CC, better to be prepared, if it happens it ok, if it doesnt happen it's still ok. nothing to loose.

I've emailed CC to my family, friends and work colleagues and all the major media outlets, including TV and radio. Persitance is required (without being pushy).

While i'm here, i'll ask just one question - I've constantly noticed the comment in your forums that China needs the US to purchase its goods and therefore China and the US need each other. However in 2008 the Chinese stated that the US represented only 1% of China's GDP (this is when they had a growth rate of 12%). With their internal demand and recent stimulus packages directed towards 'internal' growth strategies, such as infrastructure and other projects giving China a competitive edge for the future, albeit at a lower growth rate of 7 to 8% (say's China), it appears China maybe underway sooner than expected.

I understand China's situation being an industrial crisis and not a credit crisis, with news coming out fom China being underway again toward the end of 2009 early 2010. 

So does China need America?

I thought you might also find this article interesting. Written by Australia's chief representative for the Australia China Business Council in China.

Extract from Article - At present, Australia offers a favourable destination for China's wealth. In the medium term, the US dollar will find it difficult to hold its value and, as a result, the Australian dollar is likely to appreciate against the greenback. This provides a political solution to an issue that has been the subject of much fierce debate between economists and political factions in China -- how to avoid the continued devaluation of China's foreign reserves and cease perpetuating the US dollar's global supremacy. By channelling funds in to Australia, China has slowed the rate at which it is acquiring US dollar-denominated medium-term debt. Anything that reduces the prominence of the US dollar increases space for the renminbi to develop as a potential reserve currency.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25135033-643,00.html

Unfortunately knowing the lack of prowess our polticians display, i doubt any of these deals between China and Australia would be directed toward any Australian future fund. 

Warm regards and all the best

Thank you

Mike

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments