Downloading the Crash course in FLV

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
TFG's picture
TFG
Downloading the Crash course in FLV

Is there any way to download the crash course for use on another computer?  My work computer will download but has no speakers and my home computer has no internet link.

Thanks 

SLG's picture
SLG (not verified)
Crash Course on CD or for I-PODs

I, too, have been wondering if there is another way to present your Crash Course in other formats.  Now that the last chapter is finished (and with very good information) would it be possible to make the entire course available for purchase on CD?  It would also be GREAT to be able to purchase the Course for IPODS! 

Many thanks!

Steve Netwriter's picture
Steve Netwriter
Re: Downloading the Crash course in FLV

Yes there is.

If using Firefox, you can save each one with DownLoadHelper.
Then rename the .flv files to .swf files.

To play:
1. Drag and drop into a browser to then watch them.
or
2. Right click and select "open with..." and then pick a browser (Firefox, IE etc), and tick "always open with", so all .swf files are opened with your browser.

Steve

rlee's picture
rlee
A .wmv or similar?

Hey guys,

I work in administration for a town that has very limited internet access.  In fact, many people have to travel to our library to use the wireless we have set up there.  If I could make CD's that play at home, I would burn the copies and work to distribute them free to folks here and in the surrounding area.

The key to this however is a downloadable format!  I have Bit Torrent, AVS, Any Video Converter, and others that can make the needed playable formats, but getting the primary files are my obstacle.

Any suggestions?

Bob 

DavidC's picture
DavidC
Re: A .wmv or similar?

I've taken a look at DownLoadHelper following Steve's post earlier, and it is possible using this and the associated converter applicaton to save in any number of formats (AVI. MPEG, etc).

HOWEVER - Chris, will you be happy if this is done? Are there any copyright considerations? Obviously it's a way of spreading the word and awareness but I wouldn't want to do this without your agreement.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments