Dow <10K; T10s <2.5%; T30s <3.5%

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
machinehead's picture
machinehead
Dow <10K; T10s <2.5%; T30s <3.5%

The deflation trade has gone critical, as bond yields and stock indexes crumble. 

Smells like a possible set-up for a mini-panic, after all them Hindenburg dirigibles flew over.

Hunker in your bunkers! Undecided

machinehead's picture
machinehead
Re: Dow <10K; T10s <2.5%; T30s <3.5%

Just to illustrate: 5-year T-note yields, at a miniscule1.3%, are testing their Dec. 2008 crisis lows. Ug-leeee!

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=fvx&sid=0&o_symb=fvx&freq=1&time=9

Somebody's running scared ... Surprised

yobob1's picture
yobob1

Speaking of dirigibles, I was just looking at the 5 yr on lead in both price and warehouse levels.  My how far we have to fall.

At least housing is perking up SurprisedI can't wait for the next Toll Bros. report.  "We sold 1 house, we must be at the bottom." As usual their optimism will be rewarded by failing to sell a house in the following quarter.

I look forward to marveling at caulifower once again, Tongue out

machinehead's picture
machinehead

As your high school coach used to say -- 'Get the lead out!'

Now a local radio station has twisted this venerable admonition into 'Get the Led out,' as they play Stairway to Heaven for geriatric Boomers, who tap their canes jauntily to the familiar crescendo. 

I'm more a Stones man myself ...  'Hey -- you -- get offa my lawn!' Laughing

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments