sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
Doug Casey: "Within a year of things coming unglued"

Interesting interview, 7 trillion dollars held outside the USofA:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/01.11/americadeath.html

Johnson's picture
Johnson
Re: Doug Casey: "Within a year of things coming unglued"

Enjoyed about half of the interview.  Then came Casey's own expose on his philosophy and religious(or lack thereof) leanings.   This is truly a lost soul.  No wonder, by his own admission, he is not invited to dinner parties and othe social functions.

I am always interested in knowing a little about the person behind the research and commentary.

Thanks!

Doug's picture
Doug
Johnson wrote:

Enjoyed about half of the interview.  Then came Casey's own expose on his philosophy and religious(or lack thereof) leanings.   This is truly a lost soul.  No wonder, by his own admission, he is not invited to dinner parties and othe social functions.

I am always interested in knowing a little about the person behind the research and commentary.

Thanks!

I thought they were both quite comfortable with their religious beliefs, or rather, their "lack thereof". Smile

Doug

Johnson's picture
Johnson

I agree...comfortable, arrogant, superior.... One of the things I admire a great deal about CM and many of its members is that we can discuss hard issues and at the same time display a respect for our humanity - usually not spoken, but clearly imbedded in our posts.

It keeps us focused and wanting to belong and contribute.

M.E.'s picture
M.E.
Johnson wrote:

I agree...comfortable, arrogant, superior.... One of the things I admire a great deal about CM and many of its members is that we can discuss hard issues and at the same time display a respect for our humanity - usually not spoken, but clearly imbedded in our posts.

It keeps us focused and wanting to belong and contribute.

Exactly!  I was disappointed by this interview, too, and would never want to get into a conversation with either of those dudes let alone live near them.  But here on this site, I have asked some of the dumbest questions on the planet while getting up to speed on events and no one humiliates me.   Thank you CM!

How can Casey be so confident with his prediction?  This to me is the weak link with him.  There is no way anyone can know when or exactly what will happen.  One interesting point he made though:  They pay for houses with suitcases of US cash in Argentina, not loans.  If the buck dies, the disruptions it will cause around the world are mind boggling.

bluestone's picture
bluestone

I wonder what will happen to the 7 trillion of cash outside the US.  Can anyone confirm that this is a fact?   When confidence is lost in the dollar, will this simlutaneously serve to fuel inflation/hyperinflation.  it appears to be a tremendous sum of currency

Brian

sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
bluestone wrote:

I wonder what will happen to the 7 trillion of cash outside the US.  Can anyone confirm that this is a fact?   When confidence is lost in the dollar, will this simlutaneously serve to fuel inflation/hyperinflation.  it appears to be a tremendous sum of currency

Brian

Probably large chunks are in transit to pay for oil - to the oil producing countries, for those of you who don't know where oil comes from - and to pay for US consumerism, mostly to the chineses (my word). The world needs to free up more dark space, as if it (I hardly think the trillions are in cash, cash) comes back in a rush, to zing all those zeros along...

Hey, real live predictions with a time frame is interesting stuff. The clock is ticking...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments