Documentary, 'Superpower', winner of 6 awards, now on youtube.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
Documentary, 'Superpower', winner of 6 awards, now on youtube.

The 2008 documentary, Superpower, was the winner of 6 film festivale awards, including 'Best Documentary'.

It is out on youtube in 12, ten minute segments.

Synopsis:

Superpower is a well-executed and comprehensive film that asks tough questions and goes behind the scenes of America’s national security apparatus and military actions. Far from a conspiracy film about the dangers of government secrets and regime change, this well-balanced film straddles the philosophical divide and allows viewers to understand the US quest for global dominance through economic and military strategy that is exposed through review of historical events, personal interviews, and analysis of US foreign policy.

Part 1:

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: Documentary, 'Superpower', winner of 6 awards, now on ...

Hi John,

by way of a thankyou ...

Best,

Paul

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

The video has been pulled. 

John99's picture
John99

Thanks, Morpheus.

I have emailed the creator of the documentary to see if she had it pulled or if it was something more sinister. Will post the answer if I get one. In the meantime the dvd can be purchased from:

http://www.superpowerthemovie.com/home.html

John99's picture
John99

Email from the creator of the documentary, Barbara-Anne Steegmuller....

Hi John, I have a distribution rep trying to clinch a North American distribution deal.  The distributor might not want to buy the license if he finds out it is on YouTube for free.  In addition, that pirated version was a film festival working copy and had some mistakes, old graphics which I have since updated, and was not sound or color corrected.  If someone was going to steal it I wish it had been the final version.  It was put up on Piracy.org and then went wild on torrents then YouTube.  If the distributor likes the idea we could add it back ourselves, but the final version this time.

Happy New Year, Barbara-Anne

So will watch for a new posting, if and when. J

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments