A Documentary Everyone Should Watch!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
A Documentary Everyone Should Watch!

Many thanks to Romat for sending us this doc. in the 'Iceland' thread.

Once you have watched the Iceland video I suggest you take a very deep breath and watch the next video about the economic collapse of Argentina in 2001 - it's extremely sobering and should be a wake up call for all.

This doc. should be seen by everyone who is not 100% certain of what is happening in the world-wide financial arena, as well as what the 'end game' is for us, the middle-class sheeple

Am sending this to my email group.

DaytonMegan's picture
DaytonMegan
Re: A Documentary Everyone Should Watch!

Thank you, John

rowmat's picture
rowmat

I was in Argentina briefly in 2000 while working in Brasil and Chile.

Most locals would only accept US dollars but of course gave change in pesos. (I assume they thought I was an American)

Everywhere you went to buy something they would look you up and down and say "US dollars!".

12 months later the economy collapsed.

Many formally middle class people struggled to feed themselves and their families.

Don't fool yourself that it can't happen in your country.

We are now entering a period where it could happen anywhere.

I don't believe any country is immune.

With many countries now in extreme debt a banker engineered default can result in an economic overthrow of governments and a rapid gutting of the middle class as their wealth and assets are sucked away.

Yes and, like now, Wall Street was complicit in the economic pillaging of Argentina.

The table below shows statistics of poverty in Argentina, in percent of the population. The first column shows the date of the measurement (note that the method and time changed in 2003; poverty is now measured each semester). Extreme poverty is here defined as not having enough money to eat properly. The poverty line is set higher: it is the minimum income needed for basic needs including food, clothing, shelter, and study - source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_economic_crisis_(1999-2002)

Poverty in Argentina
Date of
measurement
Extreme
poverty
Under
poverty
line
May 2001 11.6% 35.9%
October 2001 13.6% 38.3%
May 2002 24.8% 53.0%
October 2002 27.5% 57.5%
May 2003 26.3% 54.7%
2nd sem 2003 20.5% 47.8%
1st sem 2004 17.0% 44.3%
2nd sem 2004 15.0% 40.2%
1st sem 2005 13.6% 38.5%
2nd sem 2005 12.2% 33.8%
1st sem 2006 11.2% 31.4%
2nd sem 2006 8.7% 26.4%
2nd sem 2007 5.9% 20.6%
1st sem 2008 5.1% 17.8%
2nd sem 2008 4.4% 15.3%
DaytonMegan's picture
DaytonMegan

Thank you for sharing.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was proud to be an American.  My eyes started opening in 1980.  Since then, I have become more and more ashamed of what my government does in our name with our tax dollars.  We should all be ashamed.  We not only allow, we enable this. As long as we do nothing, we are complicit. Obviously, we have not succeeded in standing up for those values we hold dear.  We have failed.  We have allowed so much suffering to happen in our name.  And some of our loved ones have been duped into giving their lives for "democracy" and "freedom". 

I believe in "justice for all."  I believe in "liberty".  I believe in "freedom".  I believe in "we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal. . ."

I bet you do too. 

AlanDF's picture
AlanDF

Thanks for sharing !

John99's picture
John99

Two strong messages came from this doc.

1st. That the people of Argentina have continually voted into power, politicians of greater and greater corruption,  who always promised hope and change, but once in power  betrayed their false promises, and further enslaved the people.

The message:  'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' - we, the people must end our ignorance of the debt-based money scam, and their paid-for politicians who are now selling-out the country.

2nd. I was amazed that to bring down a corrupt government all the people needed was a few pots and pans, and to block a road or two. No violence was necessary only civil disobedience.

I think it is time we start getting angry about what is happening and get out the pots and pans!

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thanks John99, you have a knack for finding great perspectives.  It took me a little while to get through 12 videos but it was well worth the time.  

It was great to see the people in the streets banging pots and pans.  It reminds me of the throngs of people gathering at Iceland's parliament around a year ago at a large bonfire.  I watched the video several times one night and told my wife I wanted to go there to be part of it!

In the movie "Glory" Morgan Freeman and his men gather the night before the big battle.  Their quest for freedom welcomes the coming battle as a spiritual event.  Freeman proclaims "let our folks know we went down standing up...among those who are fighting our oppression...we want them to know we died for freedom."

When will it be our turn?

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments