Dive watches

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
land2341's picture
land2341
Dive watches

I know we have a wide array of interests here on this board.  My spouse is a diver,  it is not his vocation but an avocation.  So for his upcoming birthday he asked for a new watch.  He does not want a computer watch,  he asked for something very simple,  and his requirements were pretty simple:  he has to be able to read the face in the dark.

Does luminous mean glow in the dark?  HE complained that most light up faces require you to find a tiny button in the dark that is hard to press with gloves.  

He wants analog with a second hand....

Any suggestions??

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor
variables

How much does he (you) want to spend and does he want it to be 1. a real COSC certified chronometer and 2. quartz or powered by hand movements, thus requiring no battery?

Not an expert but know a bit about watches.

CS

land2341's picture
land2341
energy

Certified,  no...  but he would prefer no battery...

How much?  well,  I have spotted watches from $20 to $20,000.  I don't have that kind of cash and price is not always indicative of value.  But, he's pretty hard core.  He's a diver and a fire fighter and very hard on his gear.  I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred maybe?

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor
good choice

This is what I'd buy in that price range if I were a diver. Tough, self-winding, clear features, lots of people like it.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/watch/seiko-skx007-dive-watch.html

I had a diver friend who found a very expensive dive watch while diving. When I said, "great, now you have a cool diving watch", he said "are you kidding, this is too expensive to dive with".

So....

You can check out other Seiko versions and maybe Citizen Eco drives also.

CS

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments