Distributing Crash Course

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keemo's picture
Keemo
Distributing Crash Course

Chris,

Can I hand out copies of the Crash Course on a CD?  I'd like to give this to everyone, I think handing them a CD is more effective than sending an email link.  Plus a CD works offline. 

It looks like there are several questions like this, maybe you should add a copyleft statement to the main page?

Thanks!

Isis's picture
Isis
Re: Distributing Crash Course by CD

A potential problem with distribution by CD might be people just using parts of the course or even modifying it to suit their own agenda and thus Chris could lose control of the content and context of the course.

The link method may have limitations, but at least it allows Chris to maintain the integrity of the material. 

krogoth's picture
krogoth
They can do that now. Programs exist to strip Flash player right from the internet and then copy to a disc. Distribution is not an issue, and if you want to protect it, you can't have an open presentation free for everyone. Remember, if it is on the screen, streamed or running in a player, it can be copied easily.
Isis's picture
Isis

If that's the case, I'm all for DVD/CDs.  I buy some to distribute.

gyrogearloose's picture
gyrogearloose

I put it onto a memory stick to transfer it onto friends comps when I visit. Just telling people to watch the CC does not seem to work well. Visiting them and dumping it onto their hard drive and showing a couple of bits of it gets a better 'watch the whole course rate'

Hamish

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Re: Distributing Crash Course
Good news!  We are already hard at work on downloadable and DVD versions of the Crash Course and plan to make them available very soon.  We know a lot of folks would really like this option, and we're doing our best to get it out as quickly as possible. We'll be sure to make a big announcement when we're ready. Thanks for your patience.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments