Didn't receive email reminding me to update my subscription

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
switters's picture
switters
Didn't receive email reminding me to update my subscription

I didn't receive an email warning me my subscription was about to expire before it did.  I think this might be the second time this happened.  I did receive the email telling me my subscription had expired.  It's not a big deal, but thought I should let you know. 

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: Didn't receive email reminding me to update my ...

Good to know since my sub is up in a few days...

Mods:  If it doesn't renew automatically, what do I have to do to ensure no interruption?

Viva -- Sager

admin's picture
admin

Chris & Sager,

Sorry if my previous explanations about this were not as clear as they should be.  Let me give this another try.  Prior to April 20 (when we performed the recent site upgrade) the site had no automatic renewal capabilities.  Subscribers either had to manually click a "Renew" link, or waited until they received an expiration notice, then signed up for a new subscription.

After April 20, all enrolled members are provided with autorenew functionality by default.  This means a membership will renew at the end of the term as long as a member does not choose to opt out.  If the member opts out, he or she will have to wait until the end of the membership period to enroll again.

So what does all of this mean for those (like the two of you) who had subscriptions prior to April 20?  It means the membership will end on the originally scheduled date, then you will have the ability to sign up on the new model.  No notification email is sent for these old subscriptions, because they use our old technology solution.  After you sign up on the new model, you will have continuous service for as long as you have autorenewal enabled.

Ron

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
admin wrote:

Chris & Sager,

Sorry if my previous explanations about this were not as clear as they should be.  Let me give this another try.  Prior to April 20 (when we performed the recent site upgrade) the site had no automatic renewal capabilities.  Subscribers either had to manually click a "Renew" link, or waited until they received an expiration notice, then signed up for a new subscription.

After April 20, all enrolled members are provided with autorenew functionality by default.  This means a membership will renew at the end of the term as long as a member does not choose to opt out.  If the member opts out, he or she will have to wait until the end of the membership period to enroll again.

So what does all of this mean for those (like the two of you) who had subscriptions prior to April 20?  It means the membership will end on the originally scheduled date, then you will have the ability to sign up on the new model.  No notification email is sent for these old subscriptions, because they use our old technology solution.  After you sign up on the new model, you will have continuous service for as long as you have autorenewal enabled.

Ron

Cool deal Ron!  Thanks for the clue!  And I dig that animated sig line.  Rockin.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments