Did J.R.R. Tolkien base the Gollum character on Ron Paul?

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Did J.R.R. Tolkien base the Gollum character on Ron Paul?

Ron Paul continues to be the darling of libertarians despite the fact that he never quite delivers.  This latest "victory" is no different in acheiving an audit that isn't really an audit.  And as machinehead has suggested..."Turns out there may be a poison pill in the bank 'reform' bill."

Despite the fact that Paul recieves an unprecidented amount of publicity and exposure, very few of his followers seem to know what he stands for regarding monetary reform.  He is against much, but what is he for?  We know he is an avid believer in Austrian economics but how will he apply that to any significant reform?

We can find some clues at the "Single Global Currency Association" website where a Ron Paul quote appears on the same page as quotes from the BIS, Alan Greenspan, Paul Volcker and the Federal Reserve.  Ron Paul is quoted from the Congressional Record...

"There's nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency.... The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights.... The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation."

Apparently, Ron Paul has never studied history as commodity money has been greatly abused.  And maybe Ron Paul should catch the Max Keiser interview with Damon Vrabel (strabes) where he says "The idea that people and their government give over their wealth and sovereignty to banking institutions so that people like Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein have more power than their government...we are going to rue the day that we ever allowed our government; our towns, counties and states, the basis of our republic, be taken over by a financial empire system."

Damon goes on to mention another Austrian believer "Peter Schiff is stuck in the Austrian framework which hasn't existed for 30-50 years where there is a divide between the private and public sector....Today, the Wall Street empire controls both the private and public sector...So, by attacking government, he's attacking the only hope we have of changing the system...we need to return to a republic form of government."

The sad part is that the United States has been blessed with some of the greatest and most courageous monetary reformers including Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, George Carey, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Henry George, Mary E. Hobart, Albert Gallatin, Robert Thompson, Charles Lindberg, Louis McFadden, Wright Patman and on and on.  Each would vehemently take exception to Ron Paul and his Austrian economics.  But somehow, we are led to believe that Paul is some champion of constitutional money even though the very framers of that document would think otherwise (with the exception of Hamilton).

The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien, was voted readers’ “favorite book of all time.”  It may surprise many to discover that Tolkien, like many great American writers and philosophers (e.g. Mark Twain) was an articulate monetary philosopher and reformer.  At one time, the "American System" trumped neoclassical economics.  The American System was actually more than economics...it was more accurately a study of the political economy.  Lincoln's "greenbacks" were indicative of that sovereign system.

In June 1997 Ross Shimmon, chief executive of the Library Association of Great Britain, commented: “It is astonishing that The Lord of the Rings has this impact.  The idea of a parallel world . . . I wonder whether it’s something to do with trying to make sense of the world around us.”  Tolkien was disillusioned about the effectiveness of modern democracy and considered both the media and high finance to be inimical to its success: “The concentration of the power of the press has long since made a mockery of whatever degree of informed democracy we may have once known.”

Tolkien wrote "There should only be one source of money; one fountainhead from which flows the nation’s blood to vitalize commerce and industry, ensure economic equity and justice and safeguard the welfare of the people. . . . In other words, it has always been and still is our contention that the prerogative of creating and issuing the money of the nation should be restored to the state."

If the Dark Lord Sauron, who enslaved the people of Middle-Earth, was an allegory of the international banking cartel then rest assured Gollum was based on Ron Paul.

Larry

redpill's picture
redpill
Re: Did J.R.R. Tolkien base the Gollum character on Ron ...

Somehow the article misses the entire point that the international banking cartel would not exist as it does today were it not for the cooperation and endorsement of governments across the globe. The mother of all banking cartels, the Federal Reserve, was chartered by the U. S. government. Yet the article would insinuate only goverent can administer money? What a tragic misunderstanding of history. Governments have abused and debased money more than any Wall Street firm ever could. To make matters worse, the debasement of money by governments is to fund the ultimate political power: war.

goes211's picture
goes211

Larry,

I guess when your old threads pissing on Ron Paul die out you can always just create a new one.  Good luck changing minds with that stategy. 

Oh, you also forgot to add your favorite ad-hominem attack.   Ron Paul is a follower of Ludwig Von Mises, and Mises was supported by Rockefeller Foundation.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

redpill wrote:

The mother of all banking cartels, the Federal Reserve, was chartered by the U. S. government. Yet the article would insinuate only goverent can administer money?

Hello redpill, thanks for responding.  Let me hopefully clear up a couple of things that I may not have been clear about. 

First, the private Fed is not the "mother" of banking cartels, it is just a franchise.  It may not be needed much longer as global consolidation continues.  In a number of other posts, LogansRun has said that the Fed would be offered up as a scapegoat in the transition to a remote and international central bank - I think he is right but that's an opinion.

I was not saying that only a government can administer money as we can see now, the government can give up it's sovereign credit to a private monopoly.  I will say this, only a sovereign government has the credit to create money - the choice is to be ruled by it or to reign as a sovereign financial entity.

The national debt is a national fraud.  There is no reason for a national debt or a need for income or employment taxes other than to repay debt that is unnecessary.

goes211 - Please defend the recorded Ron Paul quote instead of attacking me.  Did he say it, and what did he mean?

Larry    

goes211's picture
goes211
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

goes211 - Please defend the recorded Ron Paul quote instead of attacking me.  Did he say it, and what did he mean?

If pointing out your continuous ad-hominem attacks on Mises is attacking you, then I guess I am guilty as charged.  As for if Ron Paul said it, and if so what he meant by it, I can not be sure.  The article that you linked to has a dead link to the congressional record so there is no way to verify.  If you can prove he said it, I will try and come up with a plausible interpretation.  Untill then I will take with a grain of salt like I do most information I find on the internet.

redpill's picture
redpill
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

Hello redpill, thanks for responding.  Let me hopefully clear up a couple of things that I may not have been clear about.

You were clear, you were just wrong.

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

First, the private Fed is not the "mother" of banking cartels, it is just a franchise.  It may not be needed much longer as global consolidation continues.

Are you serious right here?  How stupid do you think the people on this board are?  Just a franchise?  Have you not been paying attention?  The Fed has the ability to control more capital flows than all the central banks on the planet combined.  EASILY.    Do you realize what would happent to the global economy if they raised interest rates just ONE PERCENT tomorrow?  Just a franchise?  They are the most influential central bank the planet has ever seen.  It's not even close.  Not even remotely comparable.  Not even funny-haha at a cocktail party to suggest otherwise.  Are you joking?  Have you been asleep for the last 36 months?  Just a franchise?  May not be needed any longer?  Who said they were ever needed to begin with, and what the hell does need have to do with it?  You think they are going to evaporate because someone thinks they aren't needed?  Do you think their existence was EVER dependent upon need?  If that were the case they would have long since departed.  If nothing else this week's actions in the Senate should clearly explain to you that not only are they not going away, but that even when the morons in Congress vainly try to reign them in, they'll only use the opportunity to broaden their own regulatory powers and completely shut down the bureaucratic half-wits trying to wrestle the controls away from a train that has long since runaway.  Just a franchise?  Get the **** outta here!  Respectively, of course.

The fact that you're attacking Ron Paul when he's one of the only people in DC making any sense when it comes to sound money really makes me question your motives.  A closet lefty authoritarian a little bent out of shape maybe?  A little mad that the infallibility of government has been utterly torn to shreds and Ron Paul is the only one with the guts to say it?  Explain yourself with some intellectual honesty please, and you can skip the "thank you for posting" horsecrap.  I only appreciate pomp when it's genuine.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Larry,

Good read.  I tend to agree with you on the Ron Paul issue although I think he's a dupe more than intentionally misleading the masses.  But that's just my opinion.

As for the "franchise" issue.....I fully agree!  Redpill, you may want to do your research on the City of London and go from there.  I think you'll be surprised and disgusted with what you find.

On the note of the Fed being handed out as collateral to a One World Currency/Gov't.  I had lunch yesterday with a CFR member that was at Bilderberg in 1999 and 2000 and discussed the Fed and it's future.  He's of the opinion that the Fed will eventually be dismantled for the purposes of bringing in the IMF as our International Banking Authority.  He stated "quietly" that he thinks the BIS has already decided that the Fed has almost run it's course, and with the advent of the internet and a more awakened citizen, eventually the gig will be up!  Again, the BIS info is his opinion.  But the Fed being taken out as a "patsy" in order to get to a One World Currency is something that I've heard from at least 4 CFR members in the past 18 months!   I don't believe in coincidences.  

Another issue that we discussed is exactly what Dr. M laid out in the "I have that sinking feeling" report.  Peak Oil is on the horizon and needless to say tptb are trying to hide the information as long as they can so as to now panic the population.  He stated that they (tptb) are slowly leaking the info to the media to get the idea of "peak oil" into the minds of the citizen before the full ramifications are known/learned.  

With Peak Oil, Iran is in the crosshairs.  I got the impression that Russia is a concern and is NOT a "team member".  Because of this, tptb are taking the Iran issue slower than what they'd like.  My opinion is that they're not moving against Iran until they're able to buy off Russia and Putin.  Again, just my opinion.  But in my conversation I asked why the media blitz against Iran has cooled?  He stated that a "European Country that's not on the team is giving us worry".  

Anyway, I could go on and on but I don't think many on here will change their minds on what's taking place, especially concerning the "NWO".  Sorry I can't write this better.  I've never been good at writing as my skills are concentrated on talking to people, not writing. 

Also, these guys LOVE sushi!  And they're expensive to take to lunch, as lunch for two cost me $220!  

beregond's picture
beregond

The two quotes said to be from Tolkien are misattributed. Their connection with Tolkien is that they are among the passages he is said to have underlined in issues of a magazine that he subscribed to. If he did, it may have been in agreement or in outrage, or for some other reason. In any case, the words were not written by him.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

beregond - thanks for the clarification, I think you are correct, he underlined those words as opposed to saying them. 

”There should only be one source of money; one fountainhead from which flows the nation’s blood to vitalize commerce and industry, ensure economic equity and justice and safeguard the welfare of the people. . . . In other words, it has always been and still is our contention that the prerogative of creating and issuing the money of the nation should be restored to the state.” ( [Tolkien, writing in "Candour" magazine] August 3/10, 1956, page 48)

By "writing" in Candour magazine, it appears that Tolkein simply underlined these words.  Evidently, Tolkien was quite taken Candour magazine as he saved a number of issues - "In 1973, Tolkien's copies of Candour were sold out of his estate for £10. In 1997, I inherited these newsletters from Chesterton's secretary Moyna Traill-Smith. The quotations from Candour which follow have all been underlined by Tolkien with a red biro...Candour was founded by A. K. Chesterton, a cousin of G. K. Chesterton."

Chestertons are Catholics deeply interested in monetary reform...see the ChesterBelloc Mandate

Richard C. Cook wrote "...my book "We Hold These Truths: the Hope of Monetary Reform", where I described Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings as a monetary parable...In fact Tolkien did have a strong interest in monetary reform."

Larry

goes211's picture
goes211

Larry,

That does not change the fact that the only Tolkein character in this thread is you acting as a Troll.

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

Ron Paul continues to be the darling of libertarians despite the fact that he never quite delivers.  This latest "victory" is no different in acheiving an audit that isn't really an audit.  And as machinehead has suggested..."Turns out there may be a poison pill in the bank 'reform' bill."

And how exactly have your heros delivered?   I hear a lot of crickets chirping.

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

We can find some clues at the "Single Global Currency Association" website where a Ron Paul quote appears on the same page as quotes from the BIS, Alan Greenspan, Paul Volcker and the Federal Reserve.  Ron Paul is quoted from the Congressional Record...

"There's nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency.... The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights.... The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation."

When I originally read your Ron Paul quote I did not notice the "...." in several places.  Using this technique it is not hard to take ones quotes out of context and turn them into something that they are not.  After a little digging around and I was able to find the full quote in the official congressional record.

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2001/cr031301.htm

You might disagree but the whole quote hardly sounds quite so nefarious.  The bolded quotes below are the parts you convieniently droped.

The Beginning of the End of Fiat Money

March 13, 2001

The golden new Era of the 1990s has been welcomed and praised by many observers. But I'm afraid a different type of new era is arriving-a dangerous one- heralding the end of 30 years of fiat money. If so, it's a serious matter that deserves close attention by Congress.

There's nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency. But a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism, and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.

Efforts to achieve peaceful globalist goals are quickly abandoned when the standard of living drops, unemployment rises, stock markets crash and artificially high wages are challenged by market forces. When tight budgets threaten spending cuts, cries for expanding the welfare state drown out any expression of concern for rising deficits.

The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights.

Great emphasis in the last six years has been placed on so-called productivity increases that gave us the new-era economy. Its defenders proclaimed that a new paradigm had arrived. Though productivity increases have surely helped our economy, many astute observers have challenged the extent to which improvements in productivity have actually given us a distinctly unique new era. A case can be made that the great surge in new technology of the 1920's far surpassed the current age of fast computers, and we all know what happened in after 1929.

A truly new era may well be upon us-but one quite different than what is generally accepted today.

The biggest error in interpreting today's events is totally ignoring how monetary policy in a fiat system affects the entire economy.

Politicians and economists are very familiar with business cycles with most assuming that slumps erupt as: 1.) A natural consequence of capitalism, 2.) An act of God, 3.) Or as a result of Fed driven high interest rates. That is to say, the Fed did not engage in enough monetary debasement, becomes the most common complaint by Wall Street pundits and politicians.

But today's economy is unlike anything the world has ever known. The world economy is more integrated than ever before. Indeed, the effort by international agencies to expand world trade has had results- some good. Labor costs have been held in check, industrial producers have moved to less regulated, low cost, and low tax countries while world mobility has aided these trends with all being helped with advances in computer technology.

But the artificial nature of today's world trade and finance being systematically managed by the IMF, the World Bank and WTO, and driven by a worldwide fiat monetary system, has produced imbalances that have already prompted many sudden adjustments. There have been eight major crisis in the past six years requiring a worldwide effort, led by the Fed, to keep the system afloat, all being done with more monetary inflation and bailouts.

The lynch pin to the outstanding growth of the 1990s has been the US dollar. Although it too is totally fiat, its special status has permitted a bigger bonus to the United States while it has been used to prop up other world economies. The gift bequeathed to us by owning the world reserve currency, allows us to create dollars at will- and Alan Greenspan has not hesitated to accommodate everyone despite his reputation as an inflation fighter. This has dramatically raised our standard of living, and significantly contributed to the new era psychology that has been welcomed by so many naive enough to believe that perpetual prosperity had arrived and the bills would never have to be paid.

One day it will become known that technological advances and improvements in productivity also have a downside. This technology hid the ill effects of the monetary mischief the Fed had enthusiastically engaged in over the past decade. Technological improvements, while keeping the CPI and the PPI prices in check, led many, including Greenspan, to victoriously declare that no inflation existed and that a new era had indeed arrived. Finally, it's declared that the day has arrived that printing money is equivalent to producing wealth and without a downside. Counterfeiting works!

But the excess credit created by the Fed found its way into the stock market- especially the NASDAQ, and was ignored. This set the stage for the stock market collapse, now ongoing. Likewise ignored has been the excess capacity, mal-investment, and debt that permeates the world economy.

Could we indeed be facing a truly New Era, but one unanticipated by all the authorities and one much more dangerous?

The collapse of the Soviet system and the emergence of United States military and economic preeminence, throughout the world, have permitted the dollar-driven financial bubble to last longer than anticipated. But instead of a glorious New Era, as promised, we ended up with a huge financial bubble and an artificially integrated world economy dominated by an unstable dollar. But instead of a single commodity currency driving a healthy world economy, we have an economy that has numerous imbalances generated by the US dollar, unsustainable trade agreements and total instability in the currency markets.

Sure we have enjoyed cheap imports and they have raised our standard of living and our foreign debt. We have on the short run benefited from our trade and current account deficits since the world has been only too eager to gobble up our inflated dollars and loan them back to us. But soon the countries of the world will decide that enough is enough and they will recognize the bad deal it is for them to continue to accept our dollars. The mal-investment, already becoming apparent, will prompt even more radical adjustments in all markets.

There are many countries only too anxious to get back at the United States for our military and economic aggressiveness, and some unknown economic or military event will one day knock us off our pedestal and a dangerous New Era will be upon us, instead of the golden one dreamed about.

For thirty years the world has operated on a pure fiat monetary system and all the ill effects of such a system are now becoming apparent. Current adjustments will be different than all other previous currency adjustments, which were local or regional. This one is worldwide and may well be the biggest economic event in modern history.

It's reasonable to assume a worldwide slump will ensue as a result of the worldwide monetary mischief our authorities have engaged in the past 30 years. Never before has the world gone so long without money having some tangible value attached to it. Trust in politicians and Central Bankers may have been a benefit in the inflationary part of the cycle but this trust will quickly dissipate in the corrected phase. Monetary heroes can quickly become villains as the price is paid for previous excesses and extravagance.

However, hope springs eternal, so no effort will soon be made to restore sound money. A giant worldwide slump will merely prompt massive monetary inflation and deficit financing. The Congress and the American people should anticipate this will happen even though it should not.

Conditions today could easily lead to rampant price inflation as the dollar depreciates. Trade chaos, already apparent, considering the number of complaints pending before the WTO, will surely worsen, leading to a greater cry for protectionism and militant nationalism which will then jeopardize international trade even more.

The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation. Real free trade without barriers or tariffs and a single sound currency is the best way to achieve international peace and prosperity.

When that day comes we will have a true New Era, unlike the fictitious New Era of Greenspan's dreams and certainly opposite of the dangerous New Era that stares us in the face as the world fiat monetary system falters.

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape

Wow really?  I don’t agree with the guy’s view, but having Paul’s face plastered on a troll seems to denigrate Paul as a person more than his views.  This in turn gives less intellectual credence to views opposite of his.

At the same time, I’m glad to find that I’m not alone on my doubt of Ron Paul.  Over the past few months I’ve come to questions everything even what people on the fringe say.   I figure if TPTB are as powerful as everyone says they are and if they thought Ron Paul was a real threat, he wouldn’t be in Congress and have the voice he does. 

So then the question for me becomes why is he still in office?  My guesses ranges.  It could be to keep the sheeple entertained and complacent with The Capitol Hill soap opera.  Meanwhile the global banking corporatracy rapes us and slowly turns the heat up on the kettle.  Or it could be he’s in office to make a run at being the next President and fall guy for hyperinflation, currency collapse, or a severe depression in 2012.   I have some issues with Ron Paul that I wonder if his supporters ponder themselves. 

First, let’s say we do away with the Fed. Since they print and regulate our currency (this is just a fact, don’t get me wrong I think the Fed is evil), the next day what suffices for money?  Are we going to do away with the banking cartel?  If so, who issues, valuates and circulates this new currency?  We can’t trust the bank corrupted Congress.  Who is going to be in charge to create this infrastructure?  Is it a single or multiple currency system?  Is it debt based and what system of economy and society does it promote?  How does our current economic infrastructure make this shift? How do you make everyone who has deposited dollars in the current monetary and banking system whole as far as wealth?  How do we deal with existing debts to other countries?  In destroying the Fed, we default to our creditors.  How do we deal with potential wars, embargoes, sanctions, etc. with them?  How do we deal with the social unrest that follows upending a currency system?

Obviously Ending the Fed is not as easy as taking a bulldozer to the building and canning the personnel. If not done properly I’d imagine we’d fall off the face of the map when we consider global economic powers.

With that said,  I think there is a case for the IMF to suck up precious metal reserves along with other valuable natural resources and create a global currency backed by a basket of these goods. 

This whole notion of gold being sound money also leaves me skeptical.  How and who coins the gold?  Who sets prices for services and products in gold?  Obviously the business community will not want to hold large quantities of gold on site, so who holds gold deposits in mass storage?  As it stands now, the banking system has a majority of the gold and silver in the world.  That being the case, what’s to keep them from instituting the same bullshit secret banking and political infrastructure that they have currently imposed?  Why advocate a single currency system that leaves the people relying on the TPTB who are hold the gold, in this case still the banking system versus a few different systems?

Personally I’d like to see multiple currency systems that promote the self sustainment of small communities.  An individual’s most valuable resource is their time and skills.  It’d be amazing and transformational if we had a complimentary system that not only fairly exchanged these resources, but also promoted the wise use and cultivation of them.  A single currency system based on scarce resources such as gold seem to only encourage the same class discrimination, competition centered, and scarcity mentality we have in our current economic system.  This system breeds conflict and seems to bring out the worst in human beings.  It’s cruel mixture of economic survivalism and musical chairs.   

I listened to Ron Paul in a video he did in the 80’s.  Same song and dance.  I had to ask myself would I stay with an organization for 20-30 years if year after year my views were ignored and the organization continued to degenerate. If he really wanted to be making a change, he wouldn’t have watched America change to rubble during his whole political career.  I would have thought at some point he would have seen that the American government is going to hell in a hand basket, and that he might start think of other avenues to get his message heard and implemented.  He should have been in the streets and community rallying the people to set up a separate government, currency system, and economy right under our current system.    Washington’s broke, why is he wasting his energy and efforts watching a dying system while preaching the same message on the deaf ears of bankster puppets. 

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

It's interesting that this story has come out after my lunch with my "CFR Friend".  It seems that he's right on concerning the issue of "buying off" Russia or in negotiations with them, to stay out of a fight with Iran.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/tucker_trumps_trilats_222.html

LogansRun wrote:

Larry,

Good read.  I tend to agree with you on the Ron Paul issue although I think he's a dupe more than intentionally misleading the masses.  But that's just my opinion.

As for the "franchise" issue.....I fully agree!  Redpill, you may want to do your research on the City of London and go from there.  I think you'll be surprised and disgusted with what you find.

On the note of the Fed being handed out as collateral to a One World Currency/Gov't.  I had lunch yesterday with a CFR member that was at Bilderberg in 1999 and 2000 and discussed the Fed and it's future.  He's of the opinion that the Fed will eventually be dismantled for the purposes of bringing in the IMF as our International Banking Authority.  He stated "quietly" that he thinks the BIS has already decided that the Fed has almost run it's course, and with the advent of the internet and a more awakened citizen, eventually the gig will be up!  Again, the BIS info is his opinion.  But the Fed being taken out as a "patsy" in order to get to a One World Currency is something that I've heard from at least 4 CFR members in the past 18 months!   I don't believe in coincidences.  

Another issue that we discussed is exactly what Dr. M laid out in the "I have that sinking feeling" report.  Peak Oil is on the horizon and needless to say tptb are trying to hide the information as long as they can so as to now panic the population.  He stated that they (tptb) are slowly leaking the info to the media to get the idea of "peak oil" into the minds of the citizen before the full ramifications are known/learned.  

With Peak Oil, Iran is in the crosshairs.  I got the impression that Russia is a concern and is NOT a "team member".  Because of this, tptb are taking the Iran issue slower than what they'd like.  My opinion is that they're not moving against Iran until they're able to buy off Russia and Putin.  Again, just my opinion.  But in my conversation I asked why the media blitz against Iran has cooled?  He stated that a "European Country that's not on the team is giving us worry".  

Anyway, I could go on and on but I don't think many on here will change their minds on what's taking place, especially concerning the "NWO".  Sorry I can't write this better.  I've never been good at writing as my skills are concentrated on talking to people, not writing. 

Also, these guys LOVE sushi!  And they're expensive to take to lunch, as lunch for two cost me $220!  

goes211's picture
goes211
LogansRun wrote:

It's interesting that this story has come out after my lunch with my "CFR Friend".  It seems that he's right on concerning the issue of "buying off" Russia or in negotiations with them, to stay out of a fight with Iran.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/tucker_trumps_trilats_222.html

Is that what qualifies for journalism in your book?  After reading the article I half expected to look up and see that the site was theonion.com

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Not so much the journalism but the "story" itself.  It amazes me as to the "rigidity" of some people on this site.  If you discount EVERY ASPECT of a story because of who wrote it or what they say doesn't adhere to your thought process, is assigning IMO.  But to each their own.  

AND, if I'm hearing it from someone I know, then read it in a story (no matter WHO wrote it) makes it a little more believable.  

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Not so much the journalism but the "story" itself.  It amazes me as to the "rigidity" of some people on this site.  If you discount EVERY ASPECT of a story because of who wrote it or what they say doesn't adhere to your thought process, is assigning IMO.  But to each their own.  

AND, if I'm hearing it from someone I know, then read it in a story (no matter WHO wrote it) makes it a little more believable.  

goes211's picture
goes211
LogansRun wrote:

It amazes me as to the "rigidity" of some people on this site.  If you discount EVERY ASPECT of a story because of who wrote it or what they say doesn't adhere to your thought process, is assigning IMO.  But to each their own.  

I agree that we need to aggregate news from many sources, especially those with opinions that contradict our core beliefs.  My beliefs have definitely evolved over the past 2 years as I have spent more time considering opposing points of view around here.

However, there is a fine line between having an open mind and your brains falling out.  It seems to me that a few people around here may have crossed that line.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

goes211 thanks for adding the rest of Ron Paul's speech welcoming a global currency entitled "The Beginning of the End of Fiat Money."

On one hand Ron Paul suggests that "There's nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency...The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights."

Ron Paul goes on to explain which type of global currency is to be avoided:

"But a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism, and managed by resurgent militant nationalism. 

The biggest error in interpreting today's events is totally ignoring how monetary policy in a fiat system affects the entire economy....The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money...Real free trade without barriers or tariffs and a single sound currency is the best way to achieve international peace and prosperity.

A global currency is fine with Ron Paul as long as it is a "commodity" and not a "fiat" currency.  He invokes the fiat bogeyman as the cause of our problems...if only we had a commodity currency all would be jake in the world.

• Like many others, Paul totally misses the fact that the problem is NOT the species of money but rather the fact that it is created as debt.  Every client state under the international banking cartel is drowning in debt!  He should take the Crash Course to learn about the exponential growth of debt...even that that would be heresy for a devout Austrian.
  • Paul misses another important point....who decides how much money should be issued?  Does Ron Paul know that the reason for the Great Depression (1930's) was a wanton contraction of the money supply by the banks.  The money supply was reduced by over a third in a short time period.  This is a very old game that the banking cartel uses to bring on depressions. 

When Andrew Jackson promised to end the charter of the Second Bank of the U.S. (precursor to the Fed) the head of the Bank, Nicholas Biddle (agent of Rothschild) sternly warned "This worthy President thinks that because he has scalped Indians and imprisoned judges, he is to have his way with the Bank. He is mistaken...Nothing but widespread suffering will produce any effect on Congress. Our only safety is pursuing a steady course of firm restriction - and I have no doubt that such a course will ultimately lead to restoration of the currency and re-charter of the Bank."  In the fall of 1833 the removal of the deposits was made, and the Panic of 1834 followed. The bank, by October, 1834, had contracted it circulation nearly 20 per cent.  Jackson was not a man to mess with "You are a den of thieves and vipers, and I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out" he threw the Rothschild Bank of England out of the country.

President James Garfield understood the problem with relying on banks to create the nations money "Whosoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce. And when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." James Abram Garfield was shot by an assassin a short time later in 1881.

“We are authorizing our loan officers from the Western States to loan on properties, monies repayable by September 1st, 1894. No fatal date is to exceed this date. On September 1st, 1894, we shall categorically refuse all loan renewals. On that day, we shall demand the repayment of our money, under penalty of foreclosure on collaterals. The mortgaged properties will become ours. (Money will have become scarce beforehand, and the repayments will have become generally impossible.) We'll thus be able to acquire, at a price agreeable to us, two-thirds of the farms west of the Mississippi and thousands more east of this great river. We'll even be able to possess three quarters of the western farms as well as all the money in the country. The farmers will then become land tenants only, just like in England.” - confidential banker's leaflet 1891.

"Let us make use of the courts. Let us go forward as fast as possible at perceiving debts, at foreclosing (depriving of recourse to justice when a certain time limit has been transgressed) on debentures and mortgages. When, through the law's intervention, the common people shall have lost their homes, they will be more easy to control and more easy to govern, and they shall not be able to resist the strong hand of the government acting in accordance with the orders of the central power of imperial wealth, under the control of the leaders of finance. Our top leaders are perfectly aware of the truth. They are presently working at establishing an imperialism of capital to rule the world. But while they are implementing this plan, they must keep the people busy with political antagonisms." - United States Bankers' Magazine 1892.

Shortly before the Panic of 1907 Jacob Hirsch Schiff, the head of Kuhn, Loeb & Company, speaking to the New York Chamber of Commerce forewarned,"Unless we have a central bank with adequate control of credit resources, this country is going to undergo the most severe and far reaching money panic in its history."  Researcher and historian, Eustace Mullins said "A study of the panics of 1873, 1893, and 1907 indicates that these panics were the result of the international bankers' operations in London."

"Capital must protect itself in every way. Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principle men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd." - John Pierpont MorganA nation loses it's financial sovereignty when it must beg the banks for the money needed to operate.  We will never be free as long as we are subjugated by the international banking cartel.

Ron Paul is content to have the U.S. ruled by the same private banking cartel that has plagued the nation through-out it's history.  J.P. Morgan, like Rockefeller, Schiff and Warburg, were all working as Rothschild - BoE agents in the U.S.  Americans knew and hated Rothschild and his BoE and subsequently, he could not operate in the U.S. under his name.

Maybe someone should remind Ron Paul that his commodity currency of choice, gold money, was abandoned because it fatally failed...several times.  Did it save us in the 1930s?  How about 1907?  Did it work in 1871?

Maybe someone should ask Ron Paul how we would come upon the money to buy the needed commodities?  The national debt is already around $14 trillion...would he simply borrow more?  Would he repay this debt with commodity money?

No problems, he won't need to respond to the above questions...as he would eliminate our money in order to use commodity money from the BIS and IMF.

The international banking families have been the same for hundreds of years.  It is a moneyed aristocracy.  Ron Paul would gladly continue to be ruled by them...if they would give him his precious...commodity currency.  My belief is that Paul is not a stupid person who simply does not understand history...he is an agent for the banking cartel.  Controlled opposition.  

Larry

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Larry,

After reading "Meltdown" by Tom Wood/s, I was certain that a Gold Standard or Commidity Backed Currency was the answer.   Now, not so much.  I finally see that it's not what backs a currency, but how much is put into circulation and how it's put into circulation.  "Free" money, if it's issued properly (with regard to amounts) is much preferable, AGAIN, if the amount limits are adhered to.  Just my opinion.

As for Paul, I'll have to do more research on the issue.  I think my problem is that I actually LIKE the guy!  I've met thousands of politicians in my life, and I have to say that he's one of maybe 10 that I actually like on a personal level. 

I do have to say, I had no idea that Ludwig Von Misis was brought into the States by the Rockefeller Foundation/Family.  After reading it on a thread from you, I did a google on Von Misis / Rockefeller and was SHOCKED by the amount of hits I received, as well as the content of the hits!  Turned my view of Keynsian and Austrian Economics upside down a bit!  Thanks for the enlightenment!

Again Goes, it's the story itself, not the person that wrote it.  If I hadn't just heard something similar from an "insider", then I may not have used the article.  But because I had, it strengthened my belief.  Also, Mr. Tucker who wrote the article has IMO done some pretty good work in opening the closet to the Bilderberg Group.  Unless it's a totally different Tucker (?).

goes211's picture
goes211

Larry,

I could not disagree more with your characterization of Ron Pauls position.  I think it is best summarized in his statement...

Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation. Real free trade without barriers or tariffs and a single sound currency is the best way to achieve international peace and prosperity.

The key concept of his which you seem to have no ability to comprehend is "if voluntarily and universally accepted".  

Does money have to be based on a commodity?  Clearly it does not because we currently live in a fiat system have done so since the 1970's.  If it is not necessary the question then becomes, why do so many people want a commodity backed money?  It think this comes down to trust. 

Nobody on this site seems to believes the current monetary system works in their favor.  I think we all agree that the international banking cartel manipulates the system to their benefit at the expense of the masses.  I also think that most of us largely agree with Damon's description of how the current system acts as a wealth transfer system up the pyramid towards the elites.  Where we part company is on who we trust for the next system.

You believe in a sovereign government's monetary creation ability and don't think this power needs to be limited by some sort of commodity backing.  Some of us are a bit more sceptical of how so much power could be placed in the hands of government without being corrupting and therefore would like a more constrained monetary system, perhaps even one that is not centrally managed. 

If people trust that money will be a store of value, they are less likely to care whether that currency has a commodity backing.  If people fear that their money's value will be manipulated or destroyed, they prefer commodity money's convertability.  All fiat currency's effectively have credit risk associated with the sovereign issuer but convertable commodity money somewhat limits your counterparty risk.  Even then I admit that there are no guarantees when it comes to money.  Even commodity money could one day cease to function if people loose desire for, or faith in, the underlying commodity.

I believe it is clear that what Ron Paul advocates is a universal but voluntary commodity system because he believes such a system would would effectively be self balancing, free people world wide from central control, and in the long term promote peace.

tocoadog's picture
tocoadog

LogansRun - I'd be interested in knowing what your Council of Foreign Relations contact thinks re Ron Paul.  Perhaps Paul is a mis-informationalist, but he appears to stand firmly behind our Constitution.  I've read his books, review his congressional website weekly and read some of his titles on his online library...ronpaullibrary.org - he appears to be legit.

Wolf in sheep clothing? 

Btw - what position do you hold where you would be buying sushi for a member of CFR? 

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

toco, (almost typed taco;-)

I'm sure my "friend" knows Dr. Paul as to most others in my circle.  As I stated in another thread, I really have to research Dr. Pauls past to get an idea as to whether he's a "wolf in sheeps clothes" to make a proper comment.  In what I know, I personally like the man A LOT.  He's probably 1 of 10 politicians that I actually like! (and I know THOUSANDS of them)  But again as I've stated before, he may just be a dupe and not even know that he's being manipulated to do/say exactly what tptb want him to.  It's sad really.  As for my "friend", next time I see him I'll ask.  

Dr. Pauls "audit the fed" bill has come up quite a few times, as that's how the discussion of the future of the Fed starts (usually).  And IMO, the battle to keep it from happening is just a time extension.  Until they are absolutely ready to bring the IMF on board in the US, they need the Fed.  Once the "one world currency/SDR's" are needed by the world (due to the debt created by the current fiat systems) and the crisis is exacerbated so as the world screams for a solution, THEN the Fed will be sacrificed.  And again, this has been alluded to by at least 4 members since the crisis started (Sept. 08').  

My previous position was "lobbyist" (Although we didn't call ourselves that:-) for one of the larger, if not the largest firm.  I quit after realizing the structure of the gov't (shadow gov't).  I was VERY GOOD at what I did, and still try to keep in contact with persons of authority.

And I have NO idea why they all seem to like Sushi!  I love it myself but man o man, it's expensive stuff!  And with not having an expense account any longer...haha.  

Cheers!

Again, sorry for my writing.  I suck! 

plato1965's picture
plato1965

LR: The whole point about Ron Paul is:  It's not the man... IT'S THE IDEAS ! 

If you can't judge those ideas on their merits, and need a certificate of authenticity, a pedigree or set of character references first...

... you have missed the point... totally

*sigh*

ps IMHO Greenspan would be the better match for Gollum, even down to speaking in riddles... - "fedspeak"

tom.'s picture
tom.
Quote:

ps IMHO Greenspan would be the better match for Gollum, even down to speaking in riddles... - "fedspeak"

absolutely

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
plato1965 wrote:

LR: The whole point about Ron Paul is:  It's not the man... IT'S THE IDEAS ! 

If you can't judge those ideas on their merits, and need a certificate of authenticity, a pedigree or set of character references first...

... you have missed the point... totally

*sigh*

Some of his ideas really suck.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

"Dr. Pauls "audit the fed" bill has come up quite a few times, as that's how the discussion of the future of the Fed starts (usually).  And IMO, the battle to keep it from happening is just a time extension.  Until they are absolutely ready to bring the IMF on board in the US, they need the Fed.  Once the "one world currency/SDR's" are needed by the world (due to the debt created by the current fiat systems) and the crisis is exacerbated so as the world screams for a solution, THEN the Fed will be sacrificed.  And again, this has been alluded to by at least 4 members since the crisis started (Sept. 08').  "

I'm thinking you are right about this

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/5/13_Jim_Rickards.html

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

tom - loved the Greenspan Gollum!  Can you photoshop another despicable character for Ron Paul?   

gregroberts - thanks for the King News link, I agree, a global currency is happening.

As for Dr. Paul, yup, he's controlled opposition though I just became aware of that during the republican primary.  I contributed to his presidential bid, traveled to hear him speak many times and attended his Rally for the Republic in Minnesota.  The back of my head is even shown on the back cover of his book "End the Fed" (by accident). 

I agree with him on many positions, especially ending the wars but have disagreed on the commodity money issue for a much longer time.  That's what makes controlled opposition more believable - you agree with them on much.  I kept thinking that I would eventually get to discuss monetary reform with Dr. Paul.  After all, he's a burger too (Ron Paul is originally from my home town - Pittsburgh).

Anyways, if you do a little research, you will discover that Ron Paul and Austrian Economics are bogus.  I also suggest that you research what happened at the Rally for The Republic regarding his delegates, a third party sabotage and his left-over campaign booty.

Larry

rickets's picture
rickets

Re the King News link and the idea of one global currency:  I think the Euro is demonstrating how difficult even a regional unified currency is to keep together let alone a global one.

I think the recent vote in the US Congress saying they dont approve of IMF funds going to Greece speaks volumes as well. 

How exactly would a one world unified currency work?  Sounds like utopia....a great idea, but its just not in the cards for hundreds of reasons.  To have a unified currency, everyone would have to play by the rules....and...well, actually I might as well stop there because to get all the governments of the world to follow rules has a probability of zero.

tom.'s picture
tom.
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

tom - loved the Greenspan Gollum!  Can you photoshop another despicable character for Ron Paul?   

How about Ron in the new IMF uniform?

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

LOL!  That's great tom!

Great attention to detail in showing heir Pauls gold gilded uniform..."my prescious"...

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

The logo/crest below just made me smile!  Almost a year ago I went into an old "associates" wife's Georgetown antique shop to look around.  Mind you, this is one of those shops that doesn't have anything in it that's less than 100 years old and nothing costs less than $5k (if not more).  As I was walking through I noticed a porcelain bowl in cream with crimson edging and on 4 sides of the outside it held this exact crest in black.  The bowl was about 10" tall, with a 10" mouth and I have to admit...beautiful.  I asked about the piece and they both (my associate and wife) got a bit coy about the info.  In other words, the beat around the bush.  In my sick minded way, I wanted to buy the damn thing in the worst way.  It didn't have a price on it so I asked.  They both said "not for sale/for display".  I offered $15k for it and they both didn't even hesitate in saying "not for sale".  I then offered $25k and got the same answer.  I then started laughing, and being as we've all known each other for quite some time and had dinner, drinks, etc.....I said "HOW MUCH!?!?/I want the damn thing!"  They then said "it's NOT for sale".  They weren't mean, nasty or negative in any way.  Just firm.

I walked away knowing what it was and it's significance.  I still wish I had been able to get it out of their hands but I also am glad it's not sitting in my home.

Anyway, just thought you'd be interested.  Or not.

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

LOL!  That's great tom!

Great attention to detail in showing heir Pauls gold gilded uniform..."my prescious"...

ashvinp's picture
ashvinp
LogansRun wrote:

I walked away knowing what it was and it's significance.  I still wish I had been able to get it out of their hands but I also am glad it's not sitting in my home.

What does it mean??

I agree with most in this thread that RP has a lot of crappy ideas and a bad understanding of economic systems, but not so sure how him being controlled opposition... anything's possible though.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments