Did Chris answer to a higher calling?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Benton Collins's picture
Benton Collins
Did Chris answer to a higher calling?

Did Chris answer to a higher calling when he quit his high-paying job and ditched his big house in order to better facilitate the creation of the "End of Money" seminar and "The Crash Course" all with the purpose of alerting as many people as he can of the impending economic time bomb?  I believe that he may very well be part of God's calling during this amazing time in the world's history.  Indeed, people like him are being put in place the world over by listening to their true inner voice, each doing and offering their own thing to help others during this incredible transition.  I believe that many of the called may not even believe in "God" and yet they find themselves waking up and seeing what needs to be done to help their fellow man. (along with themselves) 

I thank Chris for finding and being who he is and for sharing his clear insight of what's to come with us all.  We are in for a hell of a ride, one that I believe will ultimately settle down into an amazing new, bright and shinning world if we can only "listen" to our true inner voice and follow. 

Thanks, 

Benton Collins

p.s. I do not consider myself a "Religious" person and I do not attend a church.  I do however have a deep sense of spirituality and a connection with a "higher power" that has proven to ring true with amazing guidance throughout my life of more than fifty years. 

radiance's picture
radiance
Re: Did Chris answer to a higher calling?

Well put Mr. Collins! I share your perception of callings. Welcome to the posting side of CMCC "Chris Martenson's Crash Course" and hold on tight this can be a bumpy ride for those daring enough to share your heart on things of an eternal sort.

"I thank Chris for finding and being who he is and for sharing his clear insight of what's to come with us all.  We are in for a hell of a ride, one that I believe will ultimately settle down into an amazing new, bright and shinning world if we can only "listen" to our true inner voice and follow."

Again well put Mr. Collins. I will quote an ancient master of the inner voice "he who has an ear to hear let him hear what the Spirit is saying..." Revelation 2:7

Ron Fink

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Yikes!!

Courageous first post Benton Collins.  Nothing like jumping into the deep end.

If past posting history on this topic is any indicator, get ready to be mocked for your views from those at the other end of the spectrum from you.  Despite your clear statement that these were your beliefs.

BTW - I am not one of those who would mock you.

"To whom much is given, much is required."  Luke 12:48

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

DIAP,

My thoughts exactly. Bold move Mr. Collins.

Personally, I believe that the answer is "Yes", regardless of your religious beliefs.
A "higher calling" is simply something more relavant but less lucrative; a endevour that requires personal sacrifice, and rewards with something other than monetary wealth. That's how I'd describe it, anyway.

Chris has made a bold plunge, and it's enhanced lives. I'd say he answered a higher calling, though he was probably doing good for the world as a Neurotoxicologist.

Some guys just can't help themselves when it comes to doing good.

Kinda the opposite of the D.C. Gang. ;)

Cheers

Aaron

TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting

I believe Chris has been fairly consistent in his stated motivations... he wants to live and wants his children to grow-up in a better world.

Please, lets just leave it at that without ascribing any divine intervention/ inspiration.

It is my belief that this wonderful work will be marginalized if it takes on a religious overtone. It is not necessary, as it stands rationally, on its own. Lets just be grateful (in own own private way) that the Martenson's have stood up and allowed themselves to be a shining example.

Elijah's picture
Elijah

Amen Pat!  Err, I mean, "Well put!"

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Welcome Benton Collins.  I have no ax to gring with your beliefs and I appreciate your support of CM and what he and his family have undertaken.

That said, I support Pats' post above and I share his belief that the CC work stands to be marginalized  if we go down the non secular path. The job ahead is huge and it applies to all equally.

Now I will go out on a bit of a limb here. I think that the bulk of responsibility for setting things right needs to be born more by the Americans than perhaps any other group of people( I am one of those ). The 5% of us who have consumed over 25% of the worlds resources and enjoy arguably the highest standard of living have set a rather poor example of how to live and lead.

Chris and his family have said in essence "hey, we're all in and we are not going to take this S$$t any more."  Let's back him up and forget about the religious beliefs that do not need to be involved.

Coop

Benton Collins's picture
Benton Collins

Thanks Ron for your kind support of my post!

Benton Collins 

Benton Collins's picture
Benton Collins

Pat,

Thanks for your comments. 

In my suggesting that Chris Martenson may have answered to a higher calling, I simply see his efforts directly playing toward a new world picture in which people act not just selfishly for themselves but act more so to help their community and neighbors.  And in reality, they are ultimately also helping themselves.   This picture is part of how I see god in action as he is seen through the actions of people.   My opening this line of thought ought to be as valid as any other topic in this forum.   The last thing I want is for Chris' work to be marginalized in any way, and as long as comments are kept in the realm of beliefs and opinions this should keep it from heading that way.

Alternately, If Chris himself had presented his findings with the intent of showing support for any religious prophecies or connection, then his work would have indeed been taken to the margins of the religious deep end.  This would most certainly narrow his audience to those mostly awaiting the "End of The World" let alone the "End of Money". 

In this rapidly changing world in which we live there are many other factors at play that directly affect our future. The three "E"s are but one aspect (certainly a very large and critical aspect) of the complete picture.  Like it or not, the fact remains that much of the unrest in the world is either due to or connected with religion.  Personally, I look to a day when the cryptic mysticism of religion, gives way to verifiable knowledge and a true understanding of who and what we really are.  When ALL religions as a blind faith following are cast aside in the clear light of the inescapable and indisputable truth.  Again, this is just my opinion.

Benton Collins 

radiance's picture
radiance

Warning!

Right click mouse and select “ back,” if arrogance that manifests as intolerance for simple minded believers who are obviously weak minded superstitious type of people “like me” then please select GO BACK or better yet consider the source and have pity and tolerance for us who are not as evolved as you folks. You the older educated sage elite are of course not threatened by our little existence here at CMCC. So please have a good hardy laugh at our clinging to the ways of the cavemen. If we can read your large word stuff we might even come to see the folly of cavemanship. I think “well I thought, no no, I think I think” there are only TWO types of people the more evolved sophisticates and us little people. Therefore when new bright folks like you come along they won't feel marginalized just because we are here. Well I could be wrong maybe you highly esteemed academia n's should tell me. Oh thank God for spell check for the big word use by us little minds. OOPS I mean of thank thou the great bowl of primordial soup. Belly role oh belly role just consider us little folks as fodder for da belly roles. Wait is that roll or role? Oh great spell checker in the cyberworld tell us which it is--- if you can. If I could only figure out the word “dictionary.” Anyway have pity. Then the uga buga people will feel safe at home among the other ug buga folks. We were born this way, it was not nurture it is NATURE! DNA -say it- DNA. It's our DNA. We have NO choice! We can not help but be the uga buga!

Dear Mr, Collins

The compliment was well deserved. You possess the quality Mr. Martenson esteems as foundational even critical to your future, "trust yourself." The richness of the vast universe of our inner life is a grand on going movie production wherein we are the director, scriptwriter, editor, prime actor and at our will publisher. This aspect of our identity reflects the image of our creator from whom we were modeled. God, your creator, has chosen the inner being as the avenue wherein he transacts a relational encounter transcending the gulf between the eternal and the temporal. This is God's domain and for “he who has an ear to hear,” it is our domain in the here and now with our Creator's living voice.

Uga Buga,

Ron

propamanda's picture
propamanda

Whoa, radiance.

Why the defensive tone?  No one attacked.

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Benton,

Your comment...."  Personally, I would be happy to see "Religion" as a blind
following fall away and be replaced by a real and true personal
connection with our higher selves.  Again, this is just my opinion."

I share your opinion. I think that individual actions expose a persons inner self and those that clearly do things for the betterment of all concerned set the highest of examples. Chris and his family are very unique and I think his message is all the stronger because of it's absence of (religious) affiliation.  

It would be an interesting event to have the various religions of the world review their scriptures and separte out that which is "belief" and "opinion" and "fact". But I digress here.......back to the CC!

Coop

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Radiance,

I don't know if you are on something or not, but your first paragraph appears to be the ravings of someone who is not fully in control of themselves.

As "propamanda" pointed out, no one was attacking you so why have you gone off the deep end?

With your comments in your second paragraph, you have yanked this conversation away from a delicate balance of respect for each other into a debased religious frenzy.

Another of my old sayings is appropriate here: "My you're sharp today - mind you don't cut yourself!"

radiance's picture
radiance

[Ed. note: Removed]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments