Deflation vs. Inflation - How Will This Crisis Be Resolved?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Deflation vs. Inflation - How Will This Crisis Be Resolved?

The debate rages on in the financial blogosphere: will the current crisis ultimately be resolved through a period of cataclysmic deflation or in a hyper-inflationary auto da fe, Weimar-style? (Typical of human reactions when emotions run high, very few talk about middle-of-the-road alternatives.)

http://seekingalpha.com/article/142705-deflation-vs-inflation-how-will-t...

paranoid's picture
paranoid
Re: Deflation vs. Inflation - How Will This Crisis Be ...

One qualified vote for Deflation:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1115-30y-Bond-Results-Beware.html

30y Bond Results: Beware

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

According to Marc Faber, we have inflation in the slowest growth post world war 2 period. All you have to do is look around you. Higher gas , food, energy. The administration is going to print trillions more soon. Watch as the commercial real estate collapse has them scrambling once again. Marc says it better than I ever will.

http://marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/2009/06/cyber-warfare-attack-agains...

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

The only way to fix this problem is to change how money is put into circulation.

This two part video series shows how our monetary system functions behind the scenes.

Part 1

Part 2

Set's picture
Set

There's good reason to believe that this "Crises" won't be resolved; at least not by a meager or massive inflation, deflation, or stagflation occurrence.  The planet's resources that took millions of years to create are being squandered away against a back drop of poor, ignorant, hungry, and exploited people who never had a chance to enjoy a moderately happy life like most people in the so-called “Civilized World.”  

This Black Swan is swimming precariously on a treacherous and uncharted sea of debt. Neither America, nor the rest of the world will ever look the same. We have created monsters too big to fail and these monsters have created derivatives to complex to understand. Capitalism has jumped the shark and predictions based on the past are of little use right now. If the Earth could speak, it would describe its most foul inhabitant; humanity, as a skin cancer that has metastasized throughout the entire body. 

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10

Thomas,

With all due respect, virtually everyone on here already knows this. We understand the debt based economy. Have you taken the crash course? This is one major point that comprises it.

As to your comment: "The only way to fix this problem is to change how money is put into circulation."

How would you put money into an economy that is not based on a gold standard or any other standard but debt?

Happy to entertain your ideas.

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Thomas,

With all due respect, virtually everyone on here already knows this. We understand the debt based economy. Have you taken the crash course? This is one major point that comprises it.

As to your comment: "The only way to fix this problem is to change how money is put into circulation."

How would you put money into an economy that is not based on a gold standard or any other standard but debt?

Happy to entertain your ideas.

Jerry

Thanks for asking!

I would put money into circulation based on wealth, as a final payment, without debt, so the money is owned and controlled by the people instead of owned and controlled by the banking system.  I'm actualy trying to get a law passd up here in Minnesota to do exactly that.

Here is a set of videos I helped to produce to help people understand our position.

A three part video series on the Minnesota Transporation Act (MTA).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

And in case you're wondering about price inflation, I also helped to put together this two part video series that shows the real cause of inflation.  I know we have been told our entire lives that too much money is the cause of price inflation, but I have to ask people, have you ever known anyone, or ever heard of someone who has claimed to have to much money?  If they keep printing to much money, why are we all so short of it?  All I see is people with to much debt, and clearly money and debt cannot be the same thing because money is supposed to be final payment.  Right now all our money represents how much we owe at the bank.

Here is a two part video series on price inflation/national money shortage.

Part 1

Part 2

I hope you enjoy!

Now that I've made a good effort at explaining how I would fix it. 

What is your idea(s) on how to fix our economic system as a whole?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments