The Definitive Dramatic Exit Thread

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
The Definitive Dramatic Exit Thread

I wanted to start this thread for those that feel compelled to make dramatic exits from this site. Please use this thread so that I and other like minded people can stay on topic without distraction.

Thank You

V's picture
V
Re: The Definitive Dramatic Exit Thread

First I would like to state that rumors of my passing are greatly exaggerated.

Second JO I cannot think of a more brilliant thread.

Third

I AM ROTFLMAO

V

Poet's picture
Poet

I assume this is pointedly being posted for certain people to see?

Poet

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Poet wrote:

Poet

Not really. Just a recurring issue that seems to cycle around now and then.

Poet's picture
Poet
Johnny Oxygen wrote:
Poet wrote:

Poet

Not really. Just a recurring issue that seems to cycle around now and then.

Oh. For an uninvolved outsider such as myself, I only came across this via the "Recent Comments" pane and my impression was that certain people were being mocked. I wanted to know if this was the acceptable norm in this community after people left (or made dramatic exits). Is there a thread where such a thing took place I should catch up on?

Poet

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Too funny JO!  Thanks for the laugh!

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

this too could be thread for folks,esp.myself,who've a proclivity to inadvertantly hijack threads due to their ignorance of "E" communities.

robie

Tycer's picture
Tycer

EVERY forum I've ever been part of has people come and go, often with great fanfare one way or another. I think it's the nature of forum life. The boards are fluid in their membership and therefore fluid in their direction and posts. They simply change and some people don't like that change and voice it loudly and stomp their feet loudly and slam the door loudly as they depart. 

It would be interesting to see those posts cut and pasted here as a study of forum life.

I wonder how different people really are from their forum personas. Would X really treat Y so poorly in a FTF encounter?

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
V wrote:

First I would like to state that rumors of my passing are greatly exaggerated.

Second JO I cannot think of a more brilliant thread.

Third

I AM ROTFLMAO

V

Mark Twain, eh?

Alright then. I will go to hell. 

Don't let your schoolin' interfere with your education. 

I am more concerned about the return of my money than the return on my money. 

And my two favorites.

I often wonder if the world is run by great men that are putting us all on or by imbeciles that truly mean it. 

It ain't what you know that gets you into trouble. It's what you're sure of that just ain't so. 

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Sorry folks, I'm stayin.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I can be a drama queen at times .  Keeps life spicy .      But it makes me wonder about the stress and circumstances  some people are going through that they do not have anyone close to them to discuss things and vent . 

You all , letting off steam is good sometimes. You just can not be politically correct all the time .     These are emotional times and it is only going to get worse .    Sometimes we will just have to laugh at ourselves .

I know you all get frustrated with me  ... many do especially the type A peeps  , I am one side track sister and can really go far down a rabbit trail .  But I am fun !!

FM

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

<opinion>

This thread is a new low for this community. 

</opinion>

goes211's picture
goes211
SagerXX wrote:

<opinion>

</opinion>

The way things are going to won't be for long.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
SagerXX wrote:

<opinion>

</opinion>

The post was actually meant to be tongue-in-cheek with a hint of seriousness. Being personally offended enough to make a big deal about it and make a dramatic exit has nothing to do with the 3 E's. I'm simply suggesting we stay on topic and not use the site to air personal grievances that distract from the 3 E's.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

SagerXX wrote:

<opinion>

</opinion>

+1

Johnny Oxygen wrote:

The post was actually meant to be tongue-in-cheek with a hint of seriousness. Being personally offended enough to make a big deal about it and make a dramatic exit has nothing to do with the 3 E's. I'm simply suggesting we stay on topic and not use the site to air personal grievances that distract from the 3 E's.

JO, respectfully, your statement is absurd and hypocritical.

First, the principal complaint of most of those who have left these forums "dramatically" is precisely the refusal of a small group of new non-enrolled members to stay on topic vis a vis the Three E's.

Second, it is your post that clearly served no useful purpose other than to pick a fight with others who disagree with you, and to "use the site to air personal grievances that distract from the 3 E's". Your words describe your own offense, not anyone else's.

I suggest that we all forgive JO for his brief lapse of judgment in posting this thread in the first place, forgive the moderators for not deleting this incindiary off-topic tnot-about-the-three-Es thread when it was first flagged, and finally, forgive everyone generally for letting small disagreements mushroom into unnecessarily big deals. Come on people, let's all focus on posting about the three E's, and not get caught up in this business of escalating insults to one another. Like Sager said, this thread hit a new low.

Erik

earthwise's picture
earthwise

It appears to me that the juvenile behavior of those who dramatically exit is exceeded by that of those who taunt them as they go.

radishcake's picture
radishcake
Erik T. wrote:

JO, respectfully, your statement is absurd and hypocritical.

First, the principal complaint of most of those who have left these forums "dramatically" is precisely the refusal of a small group of new non-enrolled members to stay on topic vis a vis the Three E's.

Second, it is your post that clearly served no useful purpose other than to pick a fight with others who disagree with you, and to "use the site to air personal grievances that distract from the 3 E's". In other words, your own words describe your own offense, not anyone else's.

I suggest that we all forgive JO for his poor taste in posting this thread in the first place, forgive the moderators for not doing their job and getting rid of this incindiary off-topic material when it had been flagged, and forgive everyone generally for letting small disagreements mushroom into unnecessarily big deals.

Erik

C'mon Eric, there is nothing to forgive anyone for.

Well maybe you do have a piont, so ... I do forgive you for bailing out on the country. Or are you back now? If so, please forgive me. If not please forgive my forgiveness.Cry

Doug's picture
Doug

Well, I've never been so insulted.  I'm outa here!!! .......... 'til next post.

dougYellLaughingWink

ao's picture
ao

Folks, if think we're getting much too serious about all this.  Most of the "dramatic exit folks" are people who inputs I greatly appreciate and I miss them posting regularly but I also realize Johnny O was just having some fun and no harm or hurt was meant.  Personally, I had to LOL at his post.  My apologies if I offend anyone by saying that but I'm just being honest.  One of the difficulties of the Internet, as we all know, are the nuances of communication and how things can so easily be misinterpreted.  I get the sense that JO would be a fun guy to be around so let's have a bit more of a sense of humor, forgive and forget, and move on.  These are all life lessons and we each learn what is relevant to us as we go along in life.

isjrb029's picture
isjrb029

Same here come back guy I miss you. If not can you send me an invite to your blog. Thanks in advance.

JAG's picture
JAG

Ahh, good one Mr. Oxygen.

I don't mind saying that I had a good laugh (at my own expense) at this thread. Believe it or not, if you and I knew each other in the real world, I expect that we would get along pretty good. But alas, I must retaliate, all in good fun of course. When I get a chance, expect a Captain Sheeple News video dedicated to yours truly. This should be fun.

And yes, I will limit my posting to the enrolled forums as I said, unless of course someone calls me out (like this thread has) into the shark tank of the public forums.

Take care and I will see you on youtube.....Jeff

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Whew , Glad you all could shake hands and make up  Laughing    Forgiveness is a wonderful thing .  Holding grudges and bitterness is not  .     It was starting to feel like the drama of a family going on here.   Of course many pay good money for TV programs with a little more of it . 

Laughing at ourselves in these situations may save our sanity .

FM

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Full Moon wrote:

You all , letting off steam is good sometimes.

May I offer a tongue in cheek suggestion?  For a Yankee who has moved to a more gracious land, you have made a good start by using the correct form of the plural you -- "you all".  The written form is "y'all" or "yawl", just like people (maybe including you) say it.  "You all" seems very stiff and formal to polite people, which means just about everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line.  An excellent aid for your transition is this book, The Complete How to Speak Southern.  Cool

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-How-Speak-Southern/dp/0553804782/ref=sr_1...

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

An excellent aid for your transition is this book, The Complete How to Speak Southern.  Cool

LoL

I had that book way back in 1977. I haven't heard of it for a long time.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Dude (JO), you're going to be famous!!!!  Good job!Tongue out

Seriously, some get it, some don't.  Jeff, thanks for keeping a good sense of humor while being laughed at!  It's a rare trait for a person....really.  JO, thanks for bringing up a very good point, in a humorous manner....IMO (which is mostly disregarded on this site;-)  this was much needed.   Erik, I'm impressed with your ability to keep in check at this time.  It's not normal but much appreciated.  

This site will evolve as we see fit.  It won't be to everyones liking, but that's the way life is in general.  As we evolve, issues of this sort will come to the fore on a regular basis.  If we can't (as a community) get through them without beating the hell out of each other, life will be very miserable for us all.

Cheers to all, and I hope no one decides to bail on this site!  No matter what your opinion (or beliefs), you're needed!  

JAG wrote:

Ahh, good one Mr. Oxygen.

I don't mind saying that I had a good laugh (at my own expense) at this thread. Believe it or not, if you and I knew each other in the real world, I expect that we would get along pretty good. But alas, I must retaliate, all in good fun of course. When I get a chance, expect a Captain Sheeple News video dedicated to yours truly. This should be fun.

And yes, I will limit my posting to the enrolled forums as I said, unless of course someone calls me out (like this thread has) into the shark tank of the public forums.

Take care and I will see you on youtube.....Jeff

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Travlin wrote:

May I offer a tongue in cheek suggestion?  For a Yankee who has moved to a more gracious land, you have made a good start by using the correct form of the plural you -- "you all".  The written form is "y'all" or "yawl", just like people (maybe including you) say it.  "You all" seems very stiff and formal to polite people, which means just about everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line.  An excellent aid for your transition is this book, The Complete How to Speak Southern.  Cool

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-How-Speak-Southern/dp/0553804782/ref=sr_1...

Full Moon

I got you mixed up with another member so I'm sure this post didn't make any sense to you or some other people.  Sorry about that.

Travlin 

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

No worries  Travlin ,      I  lived in   Alec  , LA  . For 5 years .     Except for feeling like I was* fixin  to mildew* all the time it was a nice place .   Miss the crawfish  and Gumbo .    

FM

V's picture
V
SagerXX wrote:

<opinion>

</opinion>

And the previous low was?

V

Poet's picture
Poet
V wrote:
SagerXX wrote:

<opinion>

</opinion>

And the previous low was?

V

Well, let's search for new highs instead. I think this thread ended on a better note with some good reconciliation. :-)

Poet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments