The Definite Offensive Measures Thread

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
ao's picture
ao
The Definite Offensive Measures Thread

There've been many excellent suggestions offered on what we can do to prepare for what's coming.  Certainly, these preparations are of the utmost importance.  Nevertheless, the tone of most of these posts is one of hunkering down, a defensive posturing.  Battles are not won, however, by purely defensive measures.  And make no mistake about it, this is a battle, on a physical, psychological, and spiritual level.  As such, I'm proposing a thread where we present and debate various offensive measures that can be taken against TPTB on a personal and individual level (with group actions possibly explored in a later thread).  Many of these actions have been mentioned but I'd like to organize and condense them in one place. 

Here're some things my wife and I decided to start doing as of this weekend, even though it will cost us financially in some circumstances:

1) Buy local and/or domestic whenever possible, especially food but any other good or service as far as practical.  Favor quality over cheap, durable over disposable, simple over complex, small over large, etc.  

2) Turn off the TV (and disconnect the cable, satellite, whatever).  I've always told my kids that advertisements on TV are generally for goods or services you neither want nor need.  We can avoid patronizing the corporatocracy, avoid the emotional and cultural brainwashing, avoid the dumbing down, etc.

3) Stop charging on credit cards even if you pay off your balance every month.  Cut their profits and also maintain the privacy of your transactions and your life.

4) Reduce cash in all accounts to the minimum.  Put money into hard assets.

5) We've already paid off all our debt but have no plans for incurring any future debt.   

6) Launch a full scale, all out, unrelenting campaign contacting family, friends, aquaintances, print media, electronic media, legislators, etc. on the damage the Federal Reserve has inflicted upon this country and the imperative of ending it (thanks DrKrbyLuv for your continued inspiration in this area).

How about sharing your ideas and debating the merits of others' ideas?

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: The Definite Offensive Measures Thread

ao,

All of this is good stuff generally as a better lifestyle choice, but number 6 is closer to the bulls eye for me in regards to any social change. I think educating people must be the starting point or else all other steps will have limited results. This is so because like you stated, it's a battle, and so the more people who are alerted, the more will engage in the battle. I agree with all that DrKrby Luv has put forth on the topic of the FED, but it's an arcane topic to the common man which means it is going to require some verbal dexterity to generate any interest. But, hey, I'm willing to give it a try.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

1) tick

2) Unlike the USA, we get some quality TV, free of ads. So that';s pretty well all we watch. These channels even air some amazing series like "Money", and starting this week "Addicted to Money" http://www.abc.net.au/abccontentsales/s2550841.htm

3) tick

4) tick

5) tick

6) tick

Where have you been ao?

Mike

horstfam's picture
horstfam
How to eliminate property taxes?

Any thoughts on how to eliminate property taxes? As long as TPTB have the ability to tax your property, they can always increase the taxes to the point you can no longer pay them and then confiscate your beautiful, fully mature organic farm.

I know non-profit organizations are tax exempt in certain situations, but you can bet that will be the first thing to go when "Brother" needs more money, any money. The only way to minimize this, in my opinion, is to choose a rural county where there is almost no infrastructure. If the county has nothing to maintain, their tax needs will be minimal. Additionally, try and get on the county board so as to stop any grab for property through taxes- to the extent you would be able to.

I would greatly appreciate other thoughts on this issue- property taxes.

jh355's picture
jh355
Re: How to eliminate property taxes?

The only way to “own” property / real estate (terms coined by the taxing authorities) (think “Land” instead) is in Allodium or through a Land Patent.

Black’s 6th;

Allodium. Land held absolutely in one’s own right, and not of any lord or superior; land not subject to feudal duties or burdens.  An estate held by absolute ownership, without recognizing any superior to whom any duty is due on account thereof. 

There are men whom have successfully completed land patents in Washington State, and Oregon, (not sure about other states), and currently one pending case in Duvall Washington.  As you might imagine, TPTB do not want you to hold Land this way, and will do everything in their power to persuade you otherwise.  You will need to do your own research, and not make any mistakes 

Books of interest;

Allodial Freehold

Allodial Titles and Land Patents

Google;

The Errant Sovereign Handbook

Augustus Blackstone (author) The Final Solution To Property Tax

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

The most offensive thing we could do to TPTB is to revoke and destroy their ability to create all the meduim of exchange as interest bearing loans because that is where they derive all their power from.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

ABSOLUTELY!  Which is why I advocate a revolution by evryone no longer servicing their debts. Even if only 25% of us did this, the system would be on its knees in days.....

They created the money out of thin air, so how can we possibly owe them anything except thin air?

Mike

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

But history has proven to us time and time again that no matter what that would still leave them in complete control of a country through the controll and issuance of the nations money supply and you can't possibly hurt them by not paying them back because they never loaned you anything the first place except a promise to pay (which they never have to make good on).

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

and if you don't pay there isn't a court in the land that won't enforce a foreclosure action against you.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words ao, and I think this thread is a great idea.  I'm up to speed with your item 1 but lag behind in 2-5.  I'm going to try and catch up.  I'm really glad that you suggested telling others about the non-Federal no-Reserves international banking cabal.  It's like cutting the head off the snake, striking the dragon in the heart or draining the swamp etc etc.

One big difficulty is in explaining to people what the Federal Reserve is and why people should object to usury.  I just haven't found an easy explanation - maybe others may have some suggestions.

Then there is the "other side of the rainbow."  In ending the Fed we end usury but  we also open the door to the creative power of controlling and issuing our own money.  I'd be interested to know if others think that alternatives (true monetary reform) should be part of the message?

Larry       

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Larry,

The last two times we ended the central bank it did not end usury.  The smaller banks just continued to do what they do now.  What we need to do is start putting wealth money into circulation and then shut down the usury machine.  Simpely ending the central bank really won't fix anything.  In fact it could be worse under some proposed plans.

strabes's picture
strabes

I agree with Thomas.  must change the fundamental nature of money.  ending the Fed is a key part of that.  but the problem in our daily lives comes from the commercial banks...we'll eventually see how much of a problem JPM Chase and their oligopoly with Citi and BoA is.

drkrby, the way to start the Fed discussion with people is to avoid all the tedious details that people like us know.  just ask "do you think you're free?" and take it from there by asking if a few people having the power to destroy the pieces of paper in your wallet is free.  people understand power and control deep in their guts, whereas until they're hooked they could care less about a historical timeline of banker planning.  or ask "do you realize a central bank was 1 of Marx's 10 requirements in the communist manifesto?"  another good hook.

same thing with the usury discussion...keep it on power/wealth/control.

docmims's picture
docmims
strabes wrote:

I agree with Thomas.  must change the fundamental nature of money.  ending the Fed is a key part of that.  but the problem in our daily lives comes from the commercial banks...we'll eventually see how much of a problem JPM Chase and their oligopoly with Citi and BoA is.

drkrby, the way to start the Fed discussion with people is to avoid all the tedious details that people like us know.  just ask "do you think you're free?" and take it from there by asking if a few people having the power to destroy the pieces of paper in your wallet is free.  people understand power and control deep in their guts, whereas until they're hooked they could care less about a historical timeline of banker planning.  or ask "do you realize a central bank was 1 of Marx's 10 requirements in the communist manifesto?"  another good hook.

same thing with the usury discussion...keep it on power/wealth/control.

very nicely put.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Now let me see, how many people in the US would have credit cards..... no, MULTIPLE credit cards!  say 200 million, multiplied by five cards, that's uh..... one billion card accounts, then there must be 100 million mortgages, and car loans......

So, exactly how many courts do you think it would take to deal with 25% of 1.2 billion (that's ~300 million) unserviced payments? And then if you just ignored the court orders and judgements, well the cops would have no time on their hands, the jails would be overflowing to the roofs, the government would be sent bankrupt trying to pay to enforce the law....... etc etc etc, and just imagine if we ALL did this!!!!!!  And besides, even before any courts could be called into action, the entire planet's cashflow would just grind to a total halt.

Mike

JAG's picture
JAG
Damnthematrix wrote:

Now let me see, how many people in the US would have credit cards..... no, MULTIPLE credit cards!  say 200 million, multiplied by five cards, that's uh..... one billion card accounts, then there must be 100 million mortgages, and car loans......

Mike, you entertain some serious delusions about America my friend.

I hope you don't think your life was wasted when your laying on your deathbed many years from now, and the price of gas is $2.50/gal, the USD is still the world's reserve currency, and America is still "America". 

I applaud you for your lifestyle and I share your desire for self-reliance, but I'm not egotistical enough to think the whole world is doomed. Can't you pursue your own path without degrading the path of others? You don't need Peak Oil to justify your way of life, and you don't have to hate America or anyone else either,

Discard these mental constructs that make you feel superior, because they are just an illusion.

Now excuse me while I go charge a vacation to Australia to one of my five credit cards.

andrewo's picture
andrewo

It is typical in a crisis that people initially under react (denial)and then when the crisis is upon them over react (panic). We see this in disasters and accidents of many kinds.

In order to reorientate one's self to suit the coming crisis we really need a time machine to go back and start the ball rolling some years ago.

Over a decade ago I was finishing an expat contract and could either go back home (UK) or go elsewhere. I looked around at the world I suppose for the first time and said "OK where is the world going?" and decided we were entering a time of major trouble. I knew nothing of finance or investment at the time but out of control population growth can only have one end result - the four horsemen.

I decided that the uncontrolled immigration into Europe would eventually destroy its culture and value system. I also predicted eventual global food shortages although I had no clue as to when. All these shortages and pressures are a recipe for war. I also guessed that despite efforts, a nutter would get his hands on a nuke and use it.

So I took the long term view, mainly for my kids. I picked another home based on my extrapolation:

It was geographically isolated
It was a major food exporter
It had sustainable agriculture and abundant resources
It had a culture I liked. English based with lots of 'outdoors' to play in.
Didn't have a major ethnic or language clash

In addition I don't own a single USD, have zero debt, own a little gold and up until recently have stayed well away from the stock market (which I instinctively thought was overvalued and a con even then)

So I think I've just about done all that I can do. Any suggestions?

Oh by the way - I chose New Zealand for my home

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

How so?

Gas is $464 here.....

And I don't feel superior. You entertain some really weird ideas about me mate...

Mike

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

strabes - I gotta agree with docmims, your comments were "nicely put"   +1 or better yet, fractional reserve points

We all know that the issuance and control of money is a monopoly of huge financial rewards.  One unique thing about the U.S. is that we have a rich history of accruing the benefits of money creation to the people as opposed to private banks, communists, corporations (fascism) and monarchs.  I don't think you will find another nation within the last 300 years that was as creative and successful with monetary policies as the U.S. (subtract recent history).

In case you didn't know, Thomas Hedin and Byron Dale may be at the tip of the spear as they are moving an entire state (Minnesota) to creative monetary reform.  Are they on to something by taking a state by state approach as opposed to simply putting our efforts at the washington - wall street level?  States can fund their own recovery free from the dictates of washington and the usury of wall street.

If one state goes, the success would sweep across the country.

Fortunately, we have some concrete evidence of what may happen when a state decides to participate in the issuance of new money.  Ellen Brown recently wrote:

Cut Wall Street Out! How States Can Finance Their Own Economic Recovery

Pouring money into the private banking system has only fixed the economy for bankers and the wealthy; it has not done much to address either the fundamental problem of unemployment or the debt trap so many Americans find themselves in.

President Obama's $787 billion stimulus plan has so far failed to halt the growth of unemployment: 2.7 million jobs have been lost since the stimulus plan began. California has lost 336,400 jobs. Arizona has lost 77,300. Michigan has lost 137,300. A total of 49 states and the District of Columbia have all reported net job losses.

In this dark firmament, however, one bright star shines. The sole state to actually gain jobs is an unlikely candidate for the distinction: North Dakota. North Dakota is also one of only two states expected to meet their budgets in 2010. (The other is Montana.) North Dakota is a sparsely populated state of less than 700,000 people, largely located in cold and isolated farming communities. Yet, since 2000, the state's GNP has grown 56 percent, personal income has grown 43 percent and wages have grown 34 percent. The state not only has no funding problems, but this year it has a budget surplus of $1.3 billion, the largest it has ever had.

Why is North Dakota doing so well, when other states are suffering the ravages of a deepening credit crisis? Its secret may be that it has its own credit machine. North Dakota is the only state in the Union to own its own bank. The Bank of North Dakota (BND) was established by the state legislature in 1919, specifically to free farmers and small businessmen from the clutches of out-of-state bankers and railroad men. The bank's stated mission is to deliver sound financial services that promote agriculture, commerce and industry in North Dakota.

The Advantages of Owning Your Own Bank

So, how does owning a bank solve the state's funding problems? Isn't the state still limited to the money it has? The answer is no. Chartered banks are allowed to do something nobody else can do: They can create credit on their books simply with accounting entries, using the magic of "fractional reserve" lending. As the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas explains on its web site:

"Banks actually create money when they lend it. Here's how it works: Most of a bank's loans are made to its own customers and are deposited in their checking accounts. Because the loan becomes a new deposit, just like a paycheck does, the bank ... holds a small percentage of that new amount in reserve and again lends the remainder to someone else, repeating the money-creation process many times."

A State Bank of Florida?

Could the sort of commercial model tested by Commonwealth Bank work today in the United States? Economist Farid Khavari thinks so. A Democratic candidate for governor of Florida, he proposes a Bank of the State of Florida (BSF) that would make loans to Floridians at much lower interest rates than they are getting now, using the magic of fractional reserve lending. He explains:

"For $100 in deposits, a bank can create $900 in new money by making loans. So, the BSF can pay 6 percent for CDs, and make mortgage loans at 2 percent. For $6 per year in interest paid out, the BSF can earn $18 by lending $900 at 2 percent for mortgages."

The state would earn $15,000 per $100,000 of mortgage, at a cost of about $1,700, while the homeowner would save $88,000 in interest and pay for the home 15 years sooner. "Our bank will save people about seven years of their pay over the course of 30 years, just on interest costs," says Dr. Khavari. He also proposes 6 percent credit cards and 6 percent certificates of deposit.

The state could earn billions yearly on these loans, while saving hefty sums for consumers. It could also refinance its own debts and those of its municipal governments at very low interest rates. According to a German study, interest composes 30 percent to 50 percent of everything we buy. Slashing interest costs can make projects such as low-cost housing, alternative energy development, and infrastructure construction not only sustainable, but profitable for the state, while at the same time creating much-needed jobs.

I'm not an advocate of "fractional reserve" lending but this example shows that the power of the state may be underrated in a time when we are led to believe all action takes place in washington.  The Minnesota plan (MTA) is more fair to other states as it does not multiply the money supply, it demands that each new dollar be endowed with the value added transportation infrastructure assets to promote commerce and safety. 

Larry

ao's picture
ao
Damnthematrix wrote:

So, exactly how many courts do you think it would take to deal with 25% of 1.2 billion (that's ~300 million) unserviced payments? And then if you just ignored the court orders and judgements, well the cops would have no time on their hands, the jails would be overflowing to the roofs, the government would be sent bankrupt trying to pay to enforce the law....... etc etc etc, and just imagine if we ALL did this!!!!!!  And besides, even before any courts could be called into action, the entire planet's cashflow would just grind to a total halt.

Mike

I have mixed feeling about the effectiveness of this approach.  I'd like to be able to agree with you and think that large scale action would overwhelm them.  However, looking at past history, I can see them isolating Jane Doe or John Smith, making their life a living hell, and publicizing every aspect of it on the media they control to all who will hear and watch as an object lesson.  Think Martha Stewart.  She makes $30K in chump change and gets the book thrown at her while Wall Street insiders make zillions walk off scot free.

Example: During WW2, there was a small town that resisted the draft due to local draft board graft and corruption.  The U.S. government sent in troops who wound up shooting up the town, even using 50cal machine guns.  End of draft resistance. 

ao's picture
ao
JAG wrote:

I applaud you for your lifestyle and I share your desire for self-reliance, but I'm not egotistical enough to think the whole world is doomed. Can't you pursue your own path without degrading the path of others? You don't need Peak Oil to justify your way of life, and you don't have to hate America or anyone else either,

Amen.  There are tough times ahead but the American people are not going to simply dry up and blow away.  Americans' forte has always been their adaptability.  And we don't actually have forked tails and little horns coming out of our head ... but there are about 91 million gun toting morons (moi included). ;-)

ao's picture
ao
Other recommendations from Nathan's Economic Edge

Catherine Austin Fitts - On The Edge with Max Keiser 

http://economicedge.blogspot.com/2009/11/catherine-austin-fitts-on-edge-with-max.html

1. Save time
- Cut out TV and Corporate Media
- Get corrupt people and enterprises out of your life!
- Control Personal Data
- Be impeccable about compliance
- Simplify

2. Get Smart
- See things as they are
- Family
- Understand History

3. Reposition Your Assets
- Invest in your health and knowledge
- Stick with long-term trends
- Demonetize

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
... a dicto simpliciter ad dictum secundum quid ...

andrewo,

welcome to the forum. I agree, I'd choose New Zealand over The USA in a heart beat. 95% of my thinking tells me I came to that conclusion without being scientific!!! Maybe those stats I read on the amount of Americans with passports (under 20% from memory) has some point in explaining the dichotomy proceeding above?

Fellow Brit ...

Best,

Paul

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Mike

How many courts would it take?  They would just use every court in the land just as they do now.

Why would you want the entire planets cash flow to grind to a halt?  Do you realize that your worst nightmare would occour?  Byron Dale said it best, when he said if you think you can survive through that you're plum crazy, either that or a pretty good cananballist.

How about we fix the problem, and the problem being that all of our medium of exchange is created as interest bearing loans for the benifit of the banking system.  We need to start putting money into circulation that doesn't have to be borrowed (destroy the banking systems monopoly over the creation of money as interest bearing loans) and then in time outlaw usury all together.

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Fortunately, we have some concrete evidence of what may happen when a state decides to participate in the issuance of new money.  Ellen Brown recently wrote:

Larry, but Ellen goes onto explain that the North Dakota Bank is still just another bank that collectivly puts people deeper and deeping in debt every year.

I'm not an advocate of "fractional reserve" lending but this example shows that the power of the state may be underrated in a time when we are led to believe all action takes place in washington.  The Minnesota plan (MTA) is more fair to other states as it does not multiply the money supply, it demands that each new dollar be endowed with the value added transportation infrastructure assets to promote commerce and safety.

The MTA is different because it does not create more interest bearing debt in the system.  It creates true money (final payment) all based on wealth with no debt and no taxation which would allow the unpayable interest in our system to be paid.  It's all about I own - vs- I owe, Honesty - vs- Fraud.  The MTA would transfer ownership of the money to the people instead of having the people owe all the money to people who didn't have anything in the first place.

The North Dakota Bank simply isn't a fix at it's current state.  All the State of North Dakota would have to do it go one step further and start having the bank create final payment instead of interest bearing loans.

andrewo's picture
andrewo
Re: ... a dicto simpliciter ad dictum secundum quid ...

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a refugee from another site which turned into a hatespeechfest. Just too nasty to tolerate in the end.

Back to the topic:

I chose not to go to the UK because I thought 65 million (and counting) on a small island just wasn't going to work in the long term. Also without wanting to  be seen as racist, I didn't think the immigration open door policy of the 60's was sensible. It has washed away some of the better parts of what used to be British culture. The other aspect was that having left it's easier to see the faults in the place. I didn't like the highly stratified class system and I didn't like the ever more paternalistic government. I gather this has reached new heights under Blair.

You hit on an important point when mentioning the % of Americans with a passport. I think this statistic explains a lot: it explains some of the parochial decisions coming out of the USA. It explains the incompetence of US foreign policy for the last 50 years.

Churchill said: Americans always do the right thing, having tried all the alternatives

This points to simple ignorance of international affairs and other peoples cultures rather than any ill intent. IMO

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
Re: ... a dicto simpliciter ad dictum secundum quid ...

Whoa there Tex...

Ok as an Ex-Pat Brit and American I think I can explain some of the issues that you see with US Foreign relations and insularity.

Remember this, the US is a relatively young country, 1776 was the founding of the US, if you think of all other countries that are that age, tell me how many are as large a player as the US? The UK history goes back nearly 2000 years, indeed all of Europe can trace their histories back around a thousand years, China of course has been around for ever. Hell I remember going on a tour and being told "this is the oldest part of Seattle, and its over a hundred years old", I thought this was an interesting anecdote, since my school dated to before the founding of the US, which was of course founded by the people of the US for the people of the US and the rest of the world could go to hell.

The nearest comparison to the US (culturally and historically) on the world stage would be Australia, but this is only a minor player (Mike, sorry but it is true to a large extent) and it's foreign policies are mostly unknown to the world, because, well, its a minor player. I actually think that the US is not treated fairly by the "old world" since they expect that in 300 years the US can come up to the same levels of sophistication that took 1000 years of in-fighting in the old world to achieve the style of foreign policies that they currently have. 

Also before someone jumps in and says "Aha! but you guys took the role as world leader", think about did the US really, or was it pushed into that position. In '45 did the US grasp a world leader status, or did De Gaulle and Churchill prevent it from returning to its previously insular state? We will never know, but it bears thinking about.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thomas wrote:

The MTA is different because it does not create more interest bearing debt in the system. It creates true money (final payment) all based on wealth with no debt and no taxation which would allow the unpayable interest in our system to be paid. It's all about I own - vs- I owe, Honesty - vs- Fraud.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I brought up the Dakota bank as proof that states may indeed charter their own banks and it is very interesting that they are doing well while almost every other state has rising unemployment and lot's of red ink. 

The MTA, and debt free money, is a much better approach.  The MTA decouples washington's subjugation while eliminating wall street's usury.

Larry 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments